Cephalophane

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
This plugin has been incredibly useful to me — thank you! Are you still considering the folder system?

Galenmereth

Semi-retired
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Glad to hear that! And yeah the folder system is still on the todo list and I hope to get to it very soon :)

Galvanar

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Thank you very much for this great plugin.

Regards Galvanar

Sneakaboo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Nice plug in.

I've tried using it fully for parallax mapping and I ran into performance issues with a larger map up to the point of unplayable.

Not sure if you intended it like that though.

Galenmereth

Semi-retired
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Sneakaboo: How large was the map? And yeah, I'm working on a way to improve performance by splitting any "larger than X" image into "chunks" that are moved and shown only when needed on the screen.

Dallas Robinson

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hello, I was wondering. is there a way to bind an image to the player? I'm trying to make a cheap lantern lighting effect around the player moving through a dark cave. there were scripts for this in older RPGmakers but haven't been made/ported over yet.

(btw, has anyone ever gotten 'display image in center' option to work? mine only shows up if i tell it to do upper left corner.)

thanks! 

Sneakaboo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
The map was 40x20 but had quite some details and depth.

No events aside from the one needed for your plug in.

Soryn

The Waffle King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I have the same issue, however, my map was 50x50 with a parallax bg and 5 pictures being shown. Slow loading and despite erasing the event, after battle or exiting to title and going back to the map, it gets exponentially worse and can crash the game. Not sure if its a script issue or an issue with MV itself. I believe the images are being reloaded when they shouldn't be which causes disk and ram usage to spike and eventually max out and crash the game.

I made a topic about it in the support forum here:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/49080-simple-map-major-lag-why/

Last edited by a moderator:

Galenmereth

Semi-retired
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have a few updates to my BindPicturesToMap plugin on the agenda, among them optimizations for larger images (cutting them up internally into "chunks" to lessen gpu load on scrolling large maps with multiple large pictures) as well as improved ways to load pictures in general. When doing this I'll also have to perform more extensive performance tests to see if anything fishy is going on. I'm very busy these days so I can't say when I'll have it done, but I want to get it out there as fast as I can.
Just to let you guys know here too that I haven't forgotten about this, I've just been a tad too busy to get to it yet. But I'm working on optimizations as well as the new features :)

Lee Sang

Sang Hendrix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got "can't read property 'width' of null" error when running on Android device. :(

Galenmereth

Semi-retired
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Updated from 1.0.5 to 1.0.7

Changes:

• Fixed bug with non-bound picture positions when using Origin: Center
  • Using frames for picture containers. Might improve performance.
  • Fixed error where bitmaps were drawn to larger canvases than necessary when map wasn’t looping. Should improve performance significantly on larger non-looping maps.

Full changelog and documentation can be found on the plugin's homepage. The download link in the topics first post is always up-to-date, but you can also click here to download the latest version.

Last edited by a moderator:

Meinos Kaen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Hi! Great plugin, I love the effect it game my first map. There were people both walking in front of a prison cellar and on the inside with no clipping!

But the problem came when I tried to switch maps. For some reason, all the images from the first map carry over to the latter. O_O Needless to say, it's kind of a mess. Why does that happen?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is default behaviour and would happen with or without this plugin. You need to erase the pictures as part of the transfer.

Meinos Kaen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
That is default behaviour and would happen with or without this plugin. You need to erase the pictures as part of the transfer.
I was actually doing that but I let it be activated by a switch in a separate event and didn't work. Put it in the cutscene, everything's cool. Thanks!

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hello there. So either I'm missing something that's super obvious, or there is a slight bug. Here are two screenshots of the same map sized 21 Width, 20 Height:

When I'm on the lower part of the map, the parallax lines up perfectly:

good.png

When I move to the top part of the map, it slightly shifts, as you can see in this picture.

The canvas size of the parallax picture is exactly the same size as the map 21x48 for the width and 20x48 for the height.

Any idea what could be causing this?

bad.png

Galenmereth

Semi-retired
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi @Fernyfer775. I tried reproducing this in my test project (same map dimensions), but it doesn't happen here. Could you redownload the plugin so we're absolutely sure it's the latest version and see if it still occurs? :)

Moo :D

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi All! This is a great plugin that literally has changed the entire direction of our project so first of all thank you! I'm having an issue with movement, my map is 25x13, and when i enter the game my character moves to half of the map then the other half of the map never loads. Its as if the character is stuck halfway. Its not a tile issue or a passable issue, the portal that i come out of moves but i never get to see the other half of the map. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Please help asap we're quite stuck on this D: 

Galenmereth

Semi-retired
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@MooMoo1021 Are you using the latest version of the plugin? Are there any errors in the console if you hit F8?

Moo :D

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yes sir, the script is updated,

the first video is a map with the script off, the second video is with it on

IMG_4479.MOV

IMG_4480.MOV

Attachments

• IMG_4479.MOV
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4480.MOV
    1.7 MB · Views: 18

Galenmereth

Semi-retired
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
What other plugins are you using? :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Switch actor positions during battle
Download
01010.PNG
SF_People3_1 added!
index.php

Micro rant. The worst part of working from home when you live with your family is seeing how inconsiderate they are. "Hey, you're sitting in front of your computer, that means you're not doing anything! I want to put the TV at 200 decibels!"

If I was working in the office would you still talking me like that?
It's definitely discouraging when streamers give a try-to-say-it-nicely (i.e. bad) review of your game demo. It's like jumping into a cold pool. Bad initally, but it gets better with time. And you are now more alert and see better.
Some screenshots of the pub and lodging with the beginnings of clutter taking shape
TTp8uCw.png

jtC202e.png

bSXgyVl.png

eRx9PUF.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theunderscoregreg