Bind Pictures To Map

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Galenmereth, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Moo :D

Moo :D Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey thank you so much for all of your help! Sorry it took awhile, thanksgiving weekend is the real chaos xD

Here is a pic of all the plugins I'm using, basically anything yanfly has put out

IMG_4483.JPG

IMG_4484.JPG

2. Moo :D

First Language:
    English
    Hi! I just wanted to post an update, I erased all the plugins except for this plugin (BindtoMap) and I am still having that stop-scroll issue with the plugin. So I'm kinda stuck. Please let me know when/if you have any ideas! I would greatly greatly appreciate it!

*another update* I've been tinkering some more and I'm quite sure it has something to do with my map being a map that scrolls. Its not a looping map, the map is supposed to scroll from left to right because of the dimensions (25x13). does the plugin just not work with maps that scroll? or am i just doing something wrong?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2015
  3. Galenmereth

Galenmereth I thought what I'd do was Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @MooMoo1021 Thanks for taking the time to test that. I was just about to ask if you could turn off the other plugins and if it still happened then, just to be sure it wasn't some incompatibilities. There should be no problem with scrolling maps, as I've written it to support both scrolling with and without looping.

I've been testing it locally with the same map dimensions and I can't reproduce any problem. Could I ask you for a screenshot of the entire event page you use to set up the binding of the pictures ot the map? :)

4. Moo :D

First Language:
    English
    Sure thing, here you go! Thank you again!

Screen Shot 2015-12-01 at 12.01.20.png

5. Galenmereth

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ah, you need to upper-case the "to" in "BindPicturetoMap", so it becomes "BindPictureToMap". I should really make the plugin commands case-insensitive, and it's on my agenda since I've done it in another plugin :) In the meantime, that should fix it.

6. Capri

Capri Villager Member

First Language:
    German
  7. Galenmereth

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes, that should be possible. I'll need to do some restructuring, but it shouldn't be too big of a problem :)

8. MikeMakes

MikeMakes Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hello,

I'm experiencing that when I load up a large map, the player and tiles would appear first in a dark background and the parallax picture would appear about 1.5 second after. Is there a way to make everything all load up simultaneously?

9. Galenmereth

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you use my Preload Manager plugin, that should fix it right up :)

MikeMakes likes this.
  10. MikeMakes

MikeMakes Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Ah, I see now. I did try using the included Preload Plugin before posting, but I hadn't updated it. :)

Also, what does it mean by using "frames for picture containers?"

11. Galenmereth

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That's an internal thing in MV's rendering library (PIXI) where only what is within a given frame size gets rendered, but can be scrolled.

12. Moo :D

First Language:
    English
    Strangely enough, it was indeed the lowercase letter. Thanks for all your help its working now! 

13. chalkdust

chalkdust Resource Staff Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Hi, great plugin! I've got a question about adding a feature.

I'm working on a space-based game with some flying around between planets. I'm using a parallax background with some stars on it. If I leave the parallax completely fixed, then you get no sense of motion when flying around. If I bind it to the map, then the distant stars zip past in the background in an unrealistic way. What I would like is something in-between, where the background moves, but at a much slower rate than the foreground elements and character (say, 1-4 pixels per tile moved). Could this feature be added easily? I don't want to inconvenience you with a huge request but if it's simple to do then I would greatly appreciate it!!

14. Akaharos

Akaharos Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello Hello!

I'm having an issue with this plugin sadly, and i was wondering if you could help me on how to fix it (I'm pretty much a noob at JS so I've tried looking into the script but i'ts pretty much all gibberish to me)

the error i'm getting is "Can't read property "bitmap" of undefined" (I've had this type of errors before on other plugins but sadly i've had to delete them, which i don't want to happen to BPTM because I'd really like to get into parallaxing! The error appears when i try to load up a game, so i'm supposing it has nothing to do with the event (which is not on the load up map) here's a screenie of my other plugins for compatibility issues:

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/122045screenie.png

Ihope you can help! thanks for your work!

15. Ushi

Ushi Warper Member

First Language:
    PT-BR
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Woah, i have exatly same question as Capri. D:

When both plugins are called its turns to an error:

"TypeError; Cannot read property 'forEach' of undefined"

It's fault of the other plugin btw (f8 says), but i think triacontane, the autor, is japanese... with make hard to contact...

I need to place pictures under animations layer. Or animations above all others layers... @.@

So the possibilties of events would be pratically infinites. /o/
    Edit: Triacontane solved the issue! Plugin update! /o/

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2016
    Galenmereth likes this.
  16. lonewolph

lonewolph Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    When I leave one map and go to another, then go back to the previous man some of the layers are persisting and not going away from the last map? I have an erase event on all of them, am I missing something?

17. Galenmereth

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Are you absolutely certain you erase all the correct picture nr.'s? :)

18. KaYsEr

KaYsEr Koruldia Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Good work :)

I decided to give it a try, so far so good but I already noticed a change compared to the normal way MV handle pictures:

Now when you want to rotate or resize a picture, the anti aliasing is off while moving.

I was wondering if it's a deliberate choice to gain some performances or just some kind of omission.

Performances that I feel a little down now, might be just a false impression but I'll keep testing... your other script "FluidTimeStep" usually makes the game "jitter" from time to time (even with a solid 60fps on a powerful computer) on my "working monitor" (1440p 60hz)  while being super fine/same as turned off on my TV (1080p 60hz), so I'll try to turn it off to make sure it's not interfering with my "analyse". (and by the way, THANK YOU for that one, it's a vital correction... I hope it will be included directly in the engine for a next update because most people will probably not bother to add it manually from a plugin with a strange name).

19. Kingatlas

Kingatlas Warper Member

First Language:
    Engish
    Okay so... I'm just starting with MV, call me noob or whatever.

Can you make an extra line in the installation instructions for people who haven't been making this stuff forever.

The download just takes me to a page with the script on it.

Do I just copy this to notepad and save?

I am assuming I can work backwards by looking thru my current plugins, I guess??

Sorry not to complain, Got MV, never really used RPG makers before. Nearly everyone is expected to have been using RPG makers forever.

(not just from you)

It's become a little bit of a barrier to entry. I am just trying to have some fun.

So basically I have to wait for you to reply, while trying to figure out wtf to do.

Obviously this seems like a great plugin.

20. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM