Bind Pictures To Map

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Galenmereth, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Kingatlas

Kingatlas Warper Member

First Language:
    Engish
    Yeah I have installed plugins from yanfly before easily.

I meant do I just copy the code to notepad? I know where to put them.

Do I have to do anything special?

When I click on GitHub, it doesn't give me  a download option, it just shows a screen with all the script on it...

I need to convert it to a javascript file I guess??

Yes ok, copy to notepad. Then save as a .js file.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2016
  2. KaYsEr

KaYsEr Koruldia Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just an update after further use: the small slowdown that I had was indeed caused by your other plugin "fluidtimestep".

(and sometime, after staying a while on the same map it can be really slow for 3 or more seconds, depending on the screen I use, then it goes back to normal... The strange thing is that the FPS meter still show "60fps" the whole time)

Well, your "Bindpicture2map" plugin is fine performance wise then. Only the lack of anti-aliasing (after you resize/rotate) remains, and it's even deactivated for pictures you don't wan't to bind on map. I hope it is possible to fix it, MogHunter had the same problem on his last script about "charsets-FX" and told me he will try to see why this is happening.

3. RPGcrafter07

RPGcrafter07 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    im trying to use this plugin but no matter what I do it's only showing the top portion of my map... idk what the heck to do to fix this.

4. RPGcrafter07

RPGcrafter07 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
  5. HatJump

HatJump Villager Member

First Language:
    English (UK)
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hi all,

I'm trying to use this plugin to have moving windmill arms on my windmills, which are in fixed locations in my town. Is it possible to have an image rotate while being fixed to the map? I have tried show picture>rotate>fix to map as well as show picture>fix to map>rotate and neither involved any rotation.

Many thanks,

HatJump

6. SamuelDivinium

SamuelDivinium Villager Member

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Hello everyone,

I don't know if anyone else encoutnered this problem, but if I have this plugin active (just set ON in the plugin manager I don't even do anything with plugin commands) and I have a picture let's say at ID#10 (id doesn't matter) and I tint that picture, then I show a different picture on the same ID and tint it again the same color before, the picture disappears.

I figured out it only disappears if I don't want to wait between showing the picture and tinting it, if I wait 0.2s it won't disappear, but there will be an annoying flickering because of that delay. It also works if I show an un-tinted picture on the same ID as the tinted picture before, and switching back and forth these two options they will never disappear, only if I switch between two different pictures with same tinted colors on the same picture ID.

I'm working on a card game where you can have a lots of different cards showed on the same picture ID and if I tint these pictures the same color they will disappear. I tried to ask for help in a different topic about it but I had no luck so I hope in this official topic I'll get some useful hints what should I do.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2016
  7. Tyrael79

Tyrael79 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Hey,

Just an FYI.

I've noticed an incompatibility with this plugin: 

It seems to make it completely stop working (unless I'm just doing something completely nooby).

8. ZcheK

ZcheK ZcheK Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Is it possible to make the picture above the player but below an event? I have a bird in a tree and have this problem.

Untitled.png

9. zharth

zharth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Great plugin, to start with. This is one of those essential add-ons to RPG Maker - I say that, and I'm not even a parallax mapper!

Anyway, I noticed that this plugin lets you change the picture layer. Well, I'm looking for a way to show a picture above the text. It's probably not a very common need (I want text to scroll underneath a border), so it may not be worth it to update the plugin, but I'm just wondering if you know if it would be a trivial matter to add a new picture layer above the text, or if that would require some considerable tinkering (and if so, do you know where one would begin with said tinkering?). Any help or advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

10. TarebearGames

TarebearGames Aspiring Game Maker! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have no way to make a JS file? Can anyone do that and have it available? My text edit and stuff doesn't allow it.

11. Ashouse

Ashouse Resident Zombie Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hey, I know your pain! Things can be really tricky when you are new to "maker" stuff. I just clicked on the git hub link, which took me to the page of code. There I right clicked and selected "save as" and it was all ready named and everything. Then just save it to the desk top and copy paste it into js>plugins folder for your project. You may have already figured it out, but I wanted to help if I could. I am using firefox, so I don't know if it's different for a different browser. I hope this is helpful.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2016
  12. TarebearGames

TarebearGames Aspiring Game Maker! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I figured it out thank you so very much for all that info though it totally helped me out :D I LOVE this plug in!

13. scene14

scene14 Warper Member

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Hello all, newbie here. I wanted to try my hand at parallax mapping, and I was wondering if it could be applied to a bigger map. All the tutorial I saw only show standard sized map. Sorry to bother.

14. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    yes it can be done with other sizes, but there are three limits to consider:

1) parallax size needs to be exactly grid size multiplied by map size. The standard map is actually the minimum size for this.

2) if the parallax size is different from the screen size (automatically if the parallax is larger than the standard), then in most cases you'll need a plugin to keep everything aligned correctly

3) parallax mapping requires more RAM to process a map and more HDD space to store it. And these numbers go up with parallax size.

Especially if you want to deploy to mobile, this would make games with larger parallax maps problematic as most mobiles won't have the capacity (RAM/Storage) to run the game anymore.

scene14 likes this.
  15. Ashouse

Ashouse Resident Zombie Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Yes please. :)

16. Lakaroth

Lakaroth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I have a question, i need to change some parallax pictures to create an effects like the gif here, in order to animate magma and lights effects.

I know is expensive in terms of memory size, but i dont want use animations for all maps, just a few map like that.

If i create a parallel process and i change pictures, with some pause like "Wait 0.3" etc etc the game lags a lot.

There's a way to fix it? or another way to change pictures without lag?

Best

tiles01B+C.gif

17. Chaos17

Chaos17 Dreamer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    I'm curious too.

18. Galenmereth

Galenmereth I thought what I'd do was Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That is definitely not a good way to do it no, because it dumps and re-creates huge graphical sprites extremely often. But you're right, that is a very nice effect. Let me see what I can do about this, because I'd love to be able to do this myself for some special maps~

Regarding bug reports, I've been absent for a while due to a new full-time job and life and bla bla. I'm getting back to fixing bugs and such now, so please bear with me as I catch up.

Rozel, Chaos17 and Lakaroth like this.
  19. Lakaroth

Lakaroth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English

I'm not a developer so i'm not sure, but i think the best way it will be by changing palette files, in terms of memory size it will be perfect, we can have just ONE file and see modify by changing palette, but i'm not sure, maybe this idea works with 256 colors palette files i dont know :(  

I also think that's really strange that RMMV an HTML5 game engine framework doesen't support GIF files!
    Pixi.js support that?

20. Galenmereth

Galenmereth I thought what I'd do was Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

No Pixi doesn't support GIF files. In fact most game engines don't for multiple reasons. Instead you'd usually use an animation sheet (series of images arranged in a strip) instead, like RM does for characters and animated tiles.

Lakaroth likes this.