Bind Pictures To Map

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Galenmereth, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Jashums_art

Jashums_art Warper Member

First Language:
    Čeština (Czech)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi is this out yet? Or is it still in proces?

2. Acervvo

Acervvo Warper Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Could someone give me a little demo for me? I'm dumb and that would help me a lot to understand the Puglin better.

3. SDJedi

SDJedi Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm having this exact same issue. Did you happen to find a fix?

4. Hugo Yasha

Hugo Yasha Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello!
    This plugin works perfectly for me. After a lot of tests I could make it works with Yanfly Picture Common Events.
    But there's still an issue that I couldn't fix.

When I show the picture common events I can't control the opacity. I've tried to change the opacity on the picture event and didn't work.
    I didn't use any plugin command on the common events, only the native 'show picture' of RPG maker. If I put the 'bindpicturetomaps above_character' plugin command I can fix that, but the images don't move with the map movements, they stay with the map coordinates.

If I disable the BindPicturestoMap Plugin it works fine. I think it happens cause this plugin changes some core behavior.

Someone know how to fix this opacity issue?

Edit 1: Solved
    I've used the command to unbind pictures from map and it works fine.

Thanks and congratulations for this awesome plugin.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    ddblue likes this.
  5. swickster

swickster Villager Member

Getting the error "is too large for bitmaps bound to the map + looping enabled." The map/picture isn't even that large and looping certainly isn't turned on :/

6. ddblue

ddblue 新人 Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This plugin is mentioned in many parallax mapping tutorials, but it seems some people run into issues with it so I’d like to ask:

1. Has anyone verified whether it still works after the 1.6 update
    2. Are there any alternatives if it isn’t actually working?

7. Skurge

Skurge " (GASP) What's going on!? " Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Can I request a fix on the tint picture aspect of this plugin?
    It does not work with the plugin and tint picture command in the program and it would save me a ton of work making multible images of a different colour.

8. Espilonarge

Espilonarge Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    It seems that bulking the Show Picture commands isn't working as intended (most likely caused by an update to MV, maybe). Regardless of which layer I set them to (eg = below_tilemap), they will always use the "default" Picture Z-Level (above tilesets and the player/events).

Using a "BindPictureToMap PictureID Layer" plugin call still works as intended.

9. EthanFox

EthanFox Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Has anyone else noticed that JUST having this plugin enabled changes the behaviour of the Show Picture function?

Like if I load into a map which doesn't have any calls to the plugin - a map which uses Show Picture at some point - it's positioned differently when I have the plugin turned on and off, even if make zero calls to the plugin during gameplay.

This is a bit of a problem as I only wanted to use this in some maps, but if I turn it on, it breaks every map in my project.

10. Jashums_art

Jashums_art Warper Member

First Language:
    Čeština (Czech)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    As alternativ there is KausUltimateOverlay that works just fine

ddblue likes this.
  11. kako05

kako05 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Australian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is terrible plugin tu use. Because of this, your game will crash often and even revisiting same maps it saves same information to your rams which will eventually leads to chokes.
    This plugin is really a bad performance and stability killer. Any other plugin for this job will do better and will use up to 5 times less memory. The only downside, most of them are harder to use at first.
    Save your time. I had to remake most of my game where parallax mapping was used just to get rid of that terrible performance and constant crashes.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  12. Parallax Panda

Parallax Panda Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped... Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Problem is, there is no other plugin that I know of that let’s you fix a picture to a specific X Y position so it does not move move the screen.

I don’t use this for parallax mapping but for other things and I wish there were a better, more stabile plugin out there but I haven’t found any.

howaboutno likes this.
  13. Skurge

Skurge " (GASP) What's going on!? " Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'm after a functioning plugin that won't kill my PC, I also need the tint picture function to work with it still if anyone can point me in the right direction.

14. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Hey guys, this plugin is severely outdated by now as Galenmereth hasn't been active in the RMMV plugin for a while now. So this plugin still works great on older versions of MV.

Zeriab likes this.
  15. jakr8911

jakr8911 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Can anyone give me other plugin to use for paralax? If i'm not using this plugin my paralax map gets blurry

16. Lazarr

Lazarr Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    When I click on the Link I keep getting a message that says
    Oops! That page can’t be found.

It looks like nothing was found at this location. Maybe try one of the links below or a search?

17. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  18. Random Panda

Random Panda Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Does anyone have a link or a copy to the documentation for this plugin? The link for it no longer works and i can't seem to find it.

19. Parallax Panda

Parallax Panda Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped... Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Random Panda
    I wouldn't recommend that you'd use this plugin since it's very old and doesn't work well anymore. I also think it got a memory leak. And it's unsupported so those issues won't be fixed either.

Unless you're a programmer and want to fix it yourself, I'd look for something else.

20. Random Panda

Random Panda Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Parallax Panda

Hello fellow panda, thanks for responding.

Yeah I’ve been reading that about this plug in too, it’s why I’m even looking for the documentation as well as trying to potentially rework my current project. So far since about 2016 it has worked well for me (seemingly better since MV updated over the years) and I haven’t found another plugin that can do multiple parallax pictures below the characters. Actually multiple pictures per any layer.

I was looking into Orange overlays since it has the animation add on but that doesn’t have some of the functionality I need (Mainly that multiple pictures per layer) and the forums seem to say that Orange Overlays is still a bit buggy and not supported too well anymore. If it worked I would be willing to try and rework and rethink things I’ve managed to do the the bind pictures to map plugin.

As far as resources, when I tested out both (not super thorough) in my game they seemed to use the same amount of memory and cpu.

Do you have a particular plugin that you would recommend?