terrorchan

Literally a Gloop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm trying out Mog's LMBS system and I personally prefer to use a gamepad, but this system uses other keys that aren't with the default layout (like 'd' and 'w'). How can I bind these controls to a gamepad? 

MenaKatep

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Depending on your system setup and the type of gamepad you're using, you should be able to bind keyboard keys to buttons on the gamepad. What controller are you using and what is the system software that you are using for it?

terrorchan

Literally a Gloop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Thats for the player to change the keyboard input, no?

Depending on your system setup and the type of gamepad you're using, you should be able to bind keyboard keys to buttons on the gamepad. What controller are you using and what is the system software that you are using for it?

I'm making a game so it could be for any controller, but I'm playtesting with an xbox 360. I'm making it in MV.

MenaKatep

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Then you should be able to easily map a keyboard key to a controller button. There are a wide variety of programs that will do just this for you. For example, a quick google search turned up this program http://keysticks.net/site/ or even this one http://joytokey.net/en/ . I'm unsure as to what the limitations of the software might be as far as licensing goes but they will perform the tasks you wish. It will take a little setting up however anyone could do it with very slight technical knowledge of a computer. :)   If you have any more questions about it, feel free to let me know!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News for 21st September 2021

Malak is still waiting for Dark Deception Chapter 4... This was him yesterday after another sugar crash.
Again, he's fine. He's just bored at this point, considering he's exhausted his entire vacation bucket list.
Am I the only one who files custom resources under specific folders to remember who to credit? :kaoswt2:
1632263519730.png
I always smile to myself when I see someone do the "immediate halt and spin around" from forgetting something. I find it sort of endearing how we all do it without ever being taught to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raeellee