Binding of isaac Movement

thekenbaum

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How do I make it so the player turn with WASD and move with arrow keys?

I've tried Yanfly's button common events but it doesn't work since moving the character forces them to turn.

Last edited by a moderator:

JLowther

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think this is more often called "dual stick"or "Robotron" movement, where the player "aims" in a different direction from where they move.

But yeah, good question.

I'm not sure how far this plugin has gotten, but this disables grid based movement, so that alone is a start:

EDIT: Quasi movement+ actually allows you to make your character face the mouse cursor at all times, if that will help:

https://github.com/quxios/Quasi-MV-Master-Demo/tree/master/js/plugins

Last edited by a moderator:

thekenbaum

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, the mouse thing works too.
However, they player only looks at the mouse when standing still; I need it so that's always the case.

thekenbaum

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think this is more often called "dual stick"or "Robotron" movement, where the player "aims" in a different direction from where they move.

But yeah, good question.

I'm not sure how far this plugin has gotten, but this disables grid based movement, so that alone is a start:

EDIT: Quasi movement+ actually allows you to make your character face the mouse cursor at all times, if that will help:

https://github.com/quxios/Quasi-MV-Master-Demo/tree/master/js/plugins
Ok, the mouse thing works too.However, they player only looks at the mouse when standing still; I need it so that's always the case.

JLowther

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hmm, not sure then.

I'd say keep searching for plugins. I'm sure someone has done it somewhere...

thekenbaum

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm, not sure then.

I'd say keep searching for plugins. I'm sure someone has done it somewhere...
The reason why I'm asking this is because i'm making a SCP horror game; and I want a way to represent SCP-173 as it's the most popular SCP, I can't think of a way to do that without dual stick movement.

Maybe You can think of a way? SCP-173 is pretty much a weeping angel from Doctor Who if you didn't know.

JLowther

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The reason why I'm asking this is because i'm making a SCP horror game; and I want a way to represent SCP-173 as it's the most popular SCP, I can't think of a way to do that without dual stick movement.

Maybe You can think of a way? SCP-173 is pretty much a weeping angel from Doctor Who if you didn't know.

Like I said, just never heard of a plugin that can do that, but I'd be surprised if it didn't exist somewhere. Just do a search for "RPG MV plugins" and then various terms that might describe the type of control mod you're looking for.

thekenbaum

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Like I said, just never heard of a plugin that can do that, but I'd be surprised if it didn't exist somewhere. Just do a search for "RPG MV plugins" and then various terms that might describe the type of control mod you're looking for.
I couldn't find anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What theme for the next windowskin? You'll decide. Tell what you wanna see and I'll try for.
I just saw in a manga an interesting mechanic - setting up a stationary teleport beacon that one can go to no matter where one is in a dungeon. I think it'll work with a similar setup to how I did my airship transition.

Ooh what if you could set up multiple beacons and choose from a list of the beacons you set up?

Hmm...
Actor2_1 added!

Is the running performance of MZ output to Android platform smoother than MV output?
FINALLY GOT ALL 120 STARS IN SUPER MARIO 64!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meppo