Biography Scene + Morality System - v1.3 (22/01/2015)

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)' started by Sixth, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    - Script:

- Screenshots:
    Peek into the spoiler!
    Bio1.PNG Bio2.PNG Bio3.PNG
    These pictures show one way to set things up on the Biography scene.
    However, you can change almost every setting to make your own unique layout.

- Demo:
    No way, there is a demo available! o_O
    Linky: https://www.mediafire.com/?rqa8zb7r0tifacm

- Author's Notes:
    - This script was requested on this forum (by pao_8d). I made the request, than decided to enhance the script a bit and release it as a full script.

- The script heavily relies on user configuration! You have been given full control over the scene and morality system setup. Writing the comments, descriptions and explanations took me the same amount of time (if not more) like writing the script itself. Please read them first, look at the results of the sample configuration in the demo and check the events made in the demo too before you ask questions! Additionally, play with the settings a bit too!

- The demo uses complex eventing! The events are there to demonstrate the script calls and what they can do, not to teach basic eventing! Understanding their processing is not necessary to understand how the additional script calls work for this script! However, if you still have some questions regarding the script calls, I am here to answer them.

- The demo uses images (character sprites, portraits and face pictures) from the "Holiday Exclusive Bonus" pack! The additional images are made by Hirei and Vexed Enigma. You are not allowed to use them for commercial purposes without contacting them!

- The demo uses some external scripts which are not required for this script to work! I included them in the demo to increase the game's resolution and performance. Credits for those goes to their authors respectively!

I guess that's all for now, folks!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    Ebanyle, BCj, mrnbrase and 8 others like this.
  2. lexietanium

lexietanium Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog :P
    I just wanted to tell you...I love you. You have no idea how long i have been scouting the net for exactly a script like this! And I can even do an updating biography it seems. was wondering tho, is there a way to have the old bio as options to view again for later. Actually, any advice and way to have the old bio be still viewable would be cool :) . Ty for this beautiful script.

Sixth likes this.
  3. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thanks, I'm glad you like my script! :)

Currently there is no way to see the old bio text. I will see if I can implement that feature somehow.

Well, I guess it's done.

Updated the script.

Now you can use multiple biography pages if you want. Infinite pages available!

You can also add or delete any pages during the game too!

I must say that this idea was pretty cool and I am surprised I haven't thought about it before! :D

Thanks for the suggestion, it enhanced this script a lot, in my opinion! :)

Ohh, and the demo still uses the 1.0 version! I will update that tomorrow, kinda busted for the day. :p

Demo updated too!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2015
    Soul Tech and lexietanium like this.
  4. Keniisu

Keniisu YouTuber Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Amazingly beautiful script! This sounds and looks amazing, I will try it out now. :D  

Sixth likes this.
  5. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thanks! :)

Script and demo updated!

There is no way to get a crash due to a non-existing biography page on the scene from now on!

A page will only be added if there is no same page like the page defined in the script call! No more duplicates ever in the biography!

6. Omnimental

Omnimental Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Wow, the notetags alone in this script are a thing of beauty.  I love how you built in the ability to show/hide individual data as part of the script setup.  The shear amount of labeled and detailed customization options really pushes this to the front for me.

lexietanium and Sixth like this.
  7. DarthVollis

DarthVollis Moogle Master Veteran

First Language:
    English
    In Custom Data part of the demo there is the full name of the actor. I have it where you can have random names in the game and I would like to know if it is possible to make that part of the info display the name of the actor whatever it may be?

ShinGamix likes this.
  8. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    The info window got a built in name display, but if that won't suffice, you could edit one single line in my script.

Search for this line:

draw_bio_info:)custom1,Actor_Info_Setup[actor.id][:custom1])And replace it with this:
    Code:
    draw_bio_info(:custom1,actor.name)
    This will display the name of your actor whatever may it be in place of the custom text.
    Maybe I should just allow all data to be displayed in both windows...

Will think about it. :)

DarthVollis likes this.
  9. lexietanium

First Language:
    Hi! I just checked the demo! It's perfect. Um, sorry about asking for more. When you get the bio updated with a new page, is there a way to have the bio automatically be on the new page when you open the profile? Then the second time they open it, they can freely browse it (also maybe a "new" indicator). Or, maybe I can just manually change/revamp everything so that the profile was up to date? What do you think? 

Like->

"old profile"

Coconut in your butt wut?! (pg 1)

"new profile"

-Profile updated!-

-user open-

He used to say coconut in your butt wutt, until the comet hit him (pg1)

and it hit him right at the knee (pg 2)

does this make sense?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
  10. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I am not sure that I understand what you wrote entirely, sorry...

I can make it to always start on the newest bio page, if that is what you want.

Regardless on what page the bio starts off upon opening the scene, the player is able to change pages anytime.

Making a 'new' indicator is not really anything I would do, not in the near future anyway.

It would take a lot of extra checks in the script.

Maybe later when I get the inspiration of doing it.

I am working on another script now, and it is never a good idea for me to jump left and right between different scripts. I tend to mess up too many things that way. :D

11. lexietanium

First Language:
    Sorry i know I was all over the place, but yeah! If you can have it where it opens to the newest page :D that woould be awesome. Also, whacha gna do next if you don't mind me asking?

12. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Okay, I will make the change for you tomorrow, kinda busted for the day.

I am working on my menu engine. Expect the same level of customization available. :)

Although, it will take a while before I finish it.

Edit:

Script updated!

Not a big update, just added the starting page option for the biography scene.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
  13. DrEvilsin

DrEvilsin Villager Member

First Language:
    Russian
    Amazing script but just one question, do you know how to make it so it displays a custom name I don't choose? Like using \n[1] for the name.

14. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Depends on where you want to show it.

If you want to show it in the info window, you can enter :name in the 'Show_Data' settings and adjust where you want to show it.

If you want to show it in the bio window, you will need to do what I wrote a few posts above. Change the mentioned line and it will show the name of the actor, regardless how is he/she named.

Additionally, you can make it display with the custom bio text itself too.

You can use message codes in it (like \\n[id] for the actor's name).

Make the first line show the actor's name with a bigger text( \\{ ), add a bunch of \\n for new lines (or simply add many "", texts, all of them will go into a new line like that too) and start the real bio text after with normal text size. This one is a bit annoying to do, but it is still a working way to show the actor's name.

DrEvilsin likes this.
  15. DrEvilsin

DrEvilsin Villager Member

First Language:
    Russian
    Alright, thanks. But now the custom name is also showing up in the class section. How do I fix that? Here's a picture of it by the way.

Problem Biography.PNG

16. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Remove the ':name' symbol from the 'Show_Data' settings and it won't show up there.

DrEvilsin likes this.
  17. Starke

Starke Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    The script is amazing! I'm doing a.. sort of visual novel, Is it possible to remove this area:

I literally have no use for it and it's counter-intuitive.

[​IMG]

18. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Set the info window's opacity to 0, move it out of screen by setting it's X or Y value at a negative value (like -200), and set it's width and height to 1 (not 0 or else your game will crash!).

Remove every symbol from the 'Show_Data' settings which description says that it appears in the info window.

Move and re-size the remaining two windows to your liking.

Done, the window is removed. :p

19. rpglover88

rpglover88 Rpg & Anime Maniac Veteran

First Language:
    French
    I tryed your script in one of my games and i love it! :D I just have a little question: Is there a way to set a different windowskin for each actor?

20. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    There is currently no way to do that.

I got my hands full with job now, so I won't be able to do updates for my scripts for a long time, sorry.

But you can ask someone to code that for you in the Script Request section if you want, maybe someone will do it for you.