Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Day 22
Our Agent is too cool to just have his story be set in a normal contemporary setting. I mean, have you seen any recent action movies?
No, this lad needs some exiting scenery where he can chase the heroes/save the world/stop the graverobbers/investigate who murdered someone else in the travel group!
pyramidAvery_completeMZ.png
And if the agent is not your hero, maybe you wanna spice up your deserts?
The pharao statue is from scratch and so is the alternate vase. I have a tutorial about how I made it that is not yet released, after the last one did not really get feedback I was not sure if I should really post it...

Tigerawr

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wish there was that kind of crystal for MV or at least a cracking
animation part to place them on it.

nice going though =).
If you own MZ, then you can use the MZ resources in your MV project. As long as you own a RPGM engine, you can use its resources in all engines. I'm using XP tilesets and Ace facesets in MV because I like them better.

MetalKing11417

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Day 22
Our Agent is too cool to just have his story be set in a normal contemporary setting. I mean, have you seen any recent action movies?
No, this lad needs some exiting scenery where he can chase the heroes/save the world/stop the graverobbers/investigate who murdered someone else in the travel group!
View attachment 248678
And if the agent is not your hero, maybe you wanna spice up your deserts?
The pharao statue is from scratch and so is the alternate vase. I have a tutorial about how I made it that is not yet released, after the last one did not really get feedback I was not sure if I should really post it...
Link.

And you definitely should post the new tutorial too.

Kes

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Lovely piece of work. And it's not just the big noticeable items that are welcome. I love that rope that is neatly tied up instead of being in a tangle. And I can never have too many skeletons of ill-prepared adventurers to scatter around as a warning. Thank you.

Oh, and yes please for the tutorial. I think what tends to happen is that people only look at a specific tutorial as and when they need it, so feedback can be delayed.

fizzly

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Only two days left.....nooooo T__T

ShadowDragon

Realist
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you own MZ, then you can use the MZ resources in your MV project. As long as you own a RPGM engine, you can use its resources in all engines. I'm using XP tilesets and Ace facesets in MV because I like them better.
I know that, but it's expensive and not using MZ, or buy it just for some MZ tilesets =)
but it also gives me some idea's that I can roughly replicate for MV for personal use.

but for better and higher quality, people those are good at is are better as I already
modify mine from serveral MV tilesets to combine them together.

everyone is good in something, but I like to learn.

ErinPrimette

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Avery? Your angel sprites don't want to cooperate with me.

Screenshot (131).png

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ErinPrimette You need to check the canvas size, make sure you didn't change it from 576x384.

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Today is the last day before christmas - Day 23 -, and I have a fun mixed bag for you. Well, I mean, not in quality I hope, but in variety.
And while these all fit into gaps of what the RTP is missing, I think stuff like a dog battler and a downed cat or a golden horse are much more flexible than just being additional parts to these specific characters.
Here we have a bunch of things that were just not enough on their own, but then again can add that little extra bit to a scene.
So for example, the cat had no down pose, which means if you use her as a party member or just want her to take a nap on the witch's sofa, it was not possible. But worry no more!
$CatdownMZAvery.png
Another character without a down pose so far was the mermaid, since I made it after the last siren release I could not add it into those days. She can as well be sleeping, be knocked down after a fight or just lie down to complain how dry it is on land!
$DamageSirenAveryMZ.png

Next we have the dog battler. Still not a fan of the decision to have a dog with cut off ears and tail as a default thing, but it is what it is. The SF_Zombiedog gave me a neat base and with a lot of redraw it now looks like it has never been dead. Also your heroes can now be served justice when they anger the dog or use the battle scene to tame it with "throw a ball" and "pet"-themed skills.
Nature1_Avery.pngAvymationdog.gif

After making the horse (I just want to empathize, while there was a MV horse of course, before mine a few days ago there was no horse sprite for MZ!!!) I thought: that BigMonster with the god on the horse is something I really do not want to animate ever. It just does not fit in size and style to the walking ones... but I have a horse now :3
$HorseminusgodAveryMZ.png
And I had a horse, with just a little color magic it was the god's horse. And with some more editing magic, the god now could ride around on it in all directions:
$God4dirAveryMZ.png
And of course you can use him and the horse separate as well. Might make for a fun quest: returning the horse who went off, stealing the horse to prevent the god ride to doomsday and so on...

And for everyone who did not like the what the RTP is missing theme (and for those who do), I have a last bonus for today:
the elemental orbs icons!
OrbsAvery.png
They can be whatever you need them to be, from a magical relic to something you can put into a weapon slot to turn a sword into a fire sword, an orb themed magical weapon or just an icon for an elemental skill. I made one for each element I have an array of icons for in my iconset, so I am very sorry that I missed out on the famous gold element ;P
Since I have some "default" recolors like blood and poison, different lightning colors and blue and dark fire I added them as well.

If I may have a christmas wish, I would love to see what you all did with the advent content!
Which things already made it into your games? Was there something that inspired a new character, a new location, a new quest or just a tiny little new detail in your project?

Fidens_Libertas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
i'm liking those elemental orb icons. i already have some ideas for how to use them.

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Nothing's actually made it into my games yet ( lazy dev that I am, ) but I'm definitely saving a lot of the icons and the cookie baking tiles for later. ^_^

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The napping cat is adorable!

I didn't resize the sprite sheet.
What did you name the sprite sheet? And where in the editor are you trying to select the image? You provided a little cropped screenshot that doesn't show us anything.

The image as originally provided by Avery is the correct size for a character spritesheet. When I put it into a new project, I can select it in the Actor tab as the Character image, or the image for an event.

The selection box being the wrong size like you showed happens when the image dimensions are incorrect according to the asset specifications.

Kes

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
A really helpful selection. I'm particularly grateful for the elemental icons, as I can use them immediately to replace the elemental aspect of a particular sub-set of gear.

I haven't as yet put anything into my project - nor anything from anyone else either! That's because I've spent what little free time I've had this month on database work and trying to balance new skills. However, I do have specific things in mind for a number of the items e.g. items from the pyramid set, the shattering crystal, the sylph, the big bridge, the fountains, overworld tiles, battlebacks, other icons. There are probably more that I will end up using as I discover a need for them, or by looking through my resources folders I am inspired by something.

So you see that your advent collection this year is going to have a significant place in my project. All I can do is thank you once again.

Guardinthena

Artist
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I could totally use the Elemental orbs in my game. I have an enchanting system for weapons and armor and your idea to use them to represent the Elemental upgrades would be perfect.

Tigerawr

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The part I like the best is the dog battler. It's even better that it fits with the zombie dog one, since it creates possibilities to link the two together.

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
And my favourite thing became the Christmas release!
I wanna thank everyone who followed the calendar and especially those which provided feedback and encouragement. The advent calendar is a massive amount of work and I am grateful for every kind word and even click on the reaction button that I get in return, because it shows me that it is appreciated :3

I don't wanna talk too much, we all probably have plans for today (I sure do), but here is the large tree, seasonal set plus entrance to a possuble tree dungeon and dryad option!

AveryLargeTreeMZ.png
AveryLargeTreeMZ2.png

Last edited:

fizzly

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh my! This is definitely something that I was hoping for day 24! Absolutely goregous, @Avery. Thank you so much for every piece of your work.

Aoi Ninami

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If I may have a christmas wish, I would love to see what you all did with the advent content!
Which things already made it into your games? Was there something that inspired a new character, a new location, a new quest or just a tiny little new detail in your project?

The night-time title screen from Day 8, as already mentioned. And now the elemental orbs are in too! I am using them for what I call Xorbs, collectables that can be given to a character to permanently increase one of their stats, and are usually the reward for solving optional puzzles in dungeons.

But I have not had time for much game-making lately, so I am making a new year's resolution to make at least some progress every week in the new year, and so I will definitely be using more of these resources! The desert tileset and SF city tileset look especially appetising....

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another wild praying mantis appears!

4VenLxX.jpg
Last Link Click episode is coming out late tonight.
I'm a bundle of nerves right now. They announced there would be a third season, but still....
I'm very tempted to stay up and watch it, but at the same time, I have work tomorrow.
I just know they're going to do somethin' crazy, and I don't know if I'm gonna like it.
uh-oh.gif
A few more npc designs, two of these are just edits of the first but it's just concept art, it's just supposed to get the point across, not be super complex.
Arachne-Grunts.png
FFXIV Tabletop game, 'eh? I'm not sure I can hit the "preorder" button enough times.
pixelart2.png
Second sprite in progress!

And here is a track i did as a commission for a game that will sadly not happen. But i will go for that style for that short game so it gives an idea of how it will sound like!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AAAlex