Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My game isn't even finished, and already made it in someone's top 10! :D

@FleshToDust I hope you've played the game some time after this, and payed attention to the cards and the rules. If you already love it this much, without understanding the rules, then I would look forward to see what you think when you actually got down the strategies and rules.

Anyhow, I have been a bit quiet around the card game, because I already work on a text based adventure, but I am not done with BiteMe!Cards just yet. I am adding new cards, with unique skills. To understand the skills, you need to understand the game... Maybe I should explain a little just here. (Not just for FleshToDush, but his video's showed me that the rules might be confusing)

How turns work

During your turn, you play at least till all primary slots are filled. You can choose to play cards in the secondary slots, or end the turn. The turn ends automatically when either all your slots are full, or your hand is empty.

At the end of each turn, the primary cards of each player will attack the opposing primary cards. They deal their attack worth of damage, at the same time as they receive the damage from the opposing card.

When the heath of a card reaches 0, the card is destroyed and removed from the game. If there is a card in the secondary slot behind it, it will automatically shove to the front.

How skills work

1611430544101.pngFist icon:

This stands for a battle shout. A battle shout will take place when a card is placed in the primary slot. This can happen by playing it there directly, but this can also happen when moved from a secondary slot, what happens automatically when the card in the secondary slot it destroyed.

This effect can be positive or negative towards the caster or their enemies. Some cards may even affect just any card, even itself. They might do damage, or raise the targets HP or Attack value. Or they might shuffle more cards into the deck.

1611430822246.pngSkull icon:
A deathwish is triggered when the card itself is destroyed. After an attack all destroyed cards will trigger their deathwish, before any destroyed cards are removed from the table. This means, their effects will only harm or benefit cards in who are in the primary slots, even when they are already at 0 HP and there is a card waiting behind, ready to take its place.

A very common death is: "Shuffle a zombie copy of this card into your deck". The same card will come again, with the image is repaced with that of an undead version of the character, and this version will not carry a deathwish.

1611431132641.png Fist and skull:
Cards with this icon both have a battle shout and a deathwish. They might both be the same, or very different from each other.

When the deathwish in one of those cards is "Shuffle a zombie copy of this card into your deck", the returning card will still have the same battleshout. Just like any other zombie card, the deathwish would be removed.

How to win or lose?
The first player to start their turn with an empty deck, hand and table, loses the game. This means, you can't win or lose in your own turn. If your last card and the enemies last card are destroyed at the same time in your turn, then you win. Did it happen in the opponents turn, then you lose.

There is only victory or defeat, there is no draw.

And then? What do you win?
After you complete a match, you unlock 3 more cards, and new opponents. (Opponents are randomly selected from a pool which grows during a run.) The score board will keep track of your wins. Your deck keeps growing, and enemies decks keep getting stronger, till you lose 3 matches total. Then your run ends, your score will be final and your deck would be lost.

You will have to start over with an 8 card deck and only a rat in the enemy pool. This the pool grows in a different order, and you unlock other cards than last run per match. This run might either be a lot better, or worse than the last.

One last thing... About enemy AI and enemy decks
The first match of each run is easy.... Those rats are an easy to defeat deck. You can't lose if you played with the screen off.

The 2nd, 3rd and 4th match should be doable by anyone who understands the game, but then it is still not a certain win. (I myself win 2 out of 3, depending on which cards I unlock so early on.)

After match 4, the bigger AI's are added to the pool. Those AI's have the same strategy as the weaker ones, but their decks are stronger. There will be less cards that might work in your favor, and more cards that are hard to defeat. Those decks need real strategy and skill to defeat.

After the 9th fight, the last 2 bosses are added to the pool. They are killers, that have big cards with strong skills. Only with a perfect understanding of the game, you will be able to het past them.

There is a total of 11 bosses you can fight each run. If you are still alive after fighting the last boss, the pool will be reset. You will see the same bosses again, only now their deck will be bigger, and stronger. Even the rat deck, will not be that easy to beat this time around.

Defeating them all will put you on the #1 place on the score board, the first time around. The second time you will have to beat more (because the score to beat is now your old high score).

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not bad though =) maybe a bit older version, but well done make it to his top 10 :)
I have a nice top favortie list and a side list and your card game is in it too :p

easy to play, fun and relax game, so you just a have to think a tiny bit :)

JohnDoeNews

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not bad though =) maybe a bit older version, but well done make it to his top 10 :)
I have a nice top favortie list and a side list and your card game is in it too :p

easy to play, fun and relax game, so you just a have to think a tiny bit :)
Whoop whoop! Who knows, with so many top lists, I might end up winning a game of the year award. :p If I do, I'll remember to thank you in my speech. ;)

Bendyizzt

The Radionist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like the card game, and I am a guy who plays and collects Yugioh cards a lot...this is a game for me...thanks for making a thread so I could play this...

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so many games, so many choices, those are for rpg games I played and what I like.
I love adventure, action and puzzle games in one sweep, not play card games alot
though, but when I need some inspiration I can play around and see what else I can
come up with a relax game, not to think alot what to do or how to win :)

non stop winning isn't possible anyways =) but there are some really good ones
out there that is above your game (3 of them), but some are on my favorite list, which
goes above this side top 10 list =). so for now, you are around on the 7th place IF
I include both list together at the moment, but what can I say, the side list doesn't have
a specific order, just my favorite one, so you will be around 11-20 when my 2 list are
compleetly filled out.

the best part of game making and specially testing them is how it grow in the developement
and the changes that are made.

some make a demo and you dont see or hear anything about it anymore for some reasons,
1 of them being busy in RL or their work, time off for personal reasons, you have to respect
those, some dont want it anymore, because of to low beta testers.

noone is perfect, but good feedback and testers that can test it out and reply what
they think is a nice review and modivate them to continue :)

JohnDoeNews

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like the card game, and I am a guy who plays and collects Yugioh cards a lot...this is a game for me...thanks for making a thread so I could play this...
Sure! After you played, be sure to let me know what you think of it.

(...) so for now, you are around on the 7th place (...)
Seventh? Well, you can forget about being mentioned in my speech then. Hahaha. (Because 7th place winners don't get to give a speech.)

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you have a top 10 favorite list and 10 side game list that are really nice to play in the top 20,
than it's really worth to play those games, also inspired game to improve their own games.

you evented the card game, so you can exspect how difficult that is to make that.
not anyone can do that (not me, I need to figure that out how it's done or made or around it).

some people are better in it, some can code much better to improve game play.

if I do only side list (out side favorite) you end up 1-3rd probably),
if I make a top 5 top evented games, you are probably nr2 (StoneWorks) is evented
ABS so that is also my favorite one) so by that, at least 2nd.

but it would be hard to decide what game to put on top, some are equal and cannot
decide which game, so they dont have a specific order.

if I do that for each game, you game is in the list anyway :)

JohnDoeNews

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hahaha. No worries. I'm happy you liked my game. 1st place or 7th doesn't really matter. I was just being silly. I don't expect any rewards either. :p

Anyhow... I might have an idea for the game. I want to puzzle out the details to see if it is even possible, before I tell more details, but if I can do what I hope to do, it will be a huge change.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
looking forward to it :)
so take your time, no rush :)

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for writing the rules comment @JohnDoeNews .
Also glad to see some other commenters who are collecting yugioh cards. I've started buying some of the old cards myself.

I hope your game wins GOTY 2021!

JohnDoeNews

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hahaha. I just hope people don't take that comment too seriously. It is like an actor who gets his first gig in a adult diaper commercial, and thinks he's getting an Oscar straight away. :p Hahahaha.

JohnDoeNews

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have created a new board for my card game. And I am going to give away a little trick I likte to use...

During the players turn, the board turns blue, while during the enemy turn, the board turns red. The layout of the board changes as well, even though I do not change pictured. Here is how I do it...

The pixels on the board are either black, blue or red. If you would enlarge the board, you will see I switch color every few pixels... First blue, then red, then blue again.

That looks like this:
1612284164103.png

Those are 2 designs showing at the same time. But when I turn the screen red, all the blue pixels turn black, and fade away... While when I turn the screen blue, all the red pixels disappear, leaving only the blue ones.

Then you end up with a different board, for each player:

1612284559723.png
1612284586708.png

Isn't that awesome? Some designs might even include a 3rd color: Pink. Pink pixels will be shown on both red and blue screens.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Jatopian wrote on war40k's profile.
What did you find for your plugin request?
Progress on my game for RSE is almost done! I should be able to release it next week.
Pfft! If other people would stop replying to threads, I could DOMINATE the Latest Posts box!
After so many hours of debugging, losing data to crashes, and slight adjustments.
BlackJack now deals cards perfectly! Time to adjust the background and implement the game logic so you can actually play it.BlackJack.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megumi_Aramaki_LittleLulu