Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1579550893842.png

BiteMe! The Series

BiteMe! is a title I've been working on for a long time now. I have made several different versions of the opening already. They all follow the same story, but they are all played very differently.

Now I will take the story I've been working on, and work into a series. this will be a continuing series, which has battle, but is purely focused on the storyline. I choose to go about it this way, because I want to add a new chapter every month. The older versions were so experimental and complex, I wouldn't be able to make a chapter per year... Each scene took weeks.

Marterdam

The story plays in Marterdam. This is a city build around a university. There is mostly student living here. Other than a university, student houses and a fraternity house, there is also a police station and a hospital.

You can take a taxi cap to travel between locations. The cap will actually drive you there. So, the further away your destination, the longer the ride.

When you leave the police station, you will be driven around in a cop car instead.

Map003.png
1579627027827.png
1579627047555.png
1579627064090.png
1579627082301.png
1579627097027.png
Added in updates:
1581426525162.png

Story

BiteMe! is the story of a teenager, who lost their twin sibling in a car crash. The player will be able to choose the main character out of 4 options* (male or female, light or dark skinned). I will tell the story as if the player choose to play as Remco. In this case the twin will be Ramona.

When Remco a few weeks after losing his sister, finally gets out to meet his friends again, a girl comes up to him. It is Tina, from school. She says she can actually bring Ramona back... Skeptical but curious, you decide to give Tina a chance and perform a bizar ritual with her.

The next morning you wake up to screaming outside. You and your roommates rush outside, to see your sibling chasing Tina. But your sibling now is a brain graving zombie.

Did Tina raise the dead? Or was it the scientist at the hospital? Or maybe something went wrong in the powerplant outside of town? And how will Remco and his friends deal with this?

*(In the preview of the series, there is no character selection yet. I plan to do this the same way I did in BiteMe!Twins)

System* (Newest version only)

In the series, I will use my own time system. It will tick whenever you are playing or not. Every minute, 1 hour passes.
At night it is dark, at day time the sun is out. There will be weather effect based on the current in-game season.

Also events will act differently on different hours. Store close at night, and teens hang in town during the day. In the morning you can find breakfast, around noon you can eat lunch, and at night there will be dinner.

If you sleep, you get an XP boost, if you eat you get an HP boost and if you drink, you get an MP boost. After a while, those boosts run out. You will need to eat, drink and sleep again. If you don't, you will become tired, hungry or thirsty. Instead of boosts, you will now get debuffs. If you still won't eat, drink or sleep, you will even become exhausted, starving and dehydrated, debuffing those stats even more.

Previews

The current version is playable, but yet very short. I will upload this every few days, for my followers, who like to follow the progress I make.
I also have an older version online, which has a good hour of gameplay and (tough) battles.

Both previews are HTML games and do not require a download!!

Old, but longer version:

And here is the new, but shorter version

Release

At the moment I am not in a position to go commercial, but I plan on it as soon as my situation chances. As it looks now, I will be able to go commercial at the end of 2021.

Follow me!!!

For those who want to follow the progress of my game, can do this on the facebook page I made for BiteMe! The Series. When the preview updates, or I have some news to share, this is where you see it first!

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@JohnDoeNews We ask for 2-5 screenshots, so could you please add at least one more.
Thanks.

JohnDoeNews

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have rewritten the intro scene.

A few weeks back, the graphic I use (By Vexed Enigma) were on sale. I already owned 2 bundels, so I added a left-over-bundel. It had another name, but it was clearly a package of tilesets and characters that were not added to the actual bundels.

Unfortunately this addon contained some tilesets the maker also shared for free before, but I knew this before I bought it. The reason I did buy it, was because of the mounted bikers.

It took me a while to re-arrange all my assets so I could add my new graphics, and then I needed to change everything else too.

So, like I said when I started this update: I rewrote the intro.
I also updated my systems. I have an actual clock ticking in the top-right corner of the screen. And I use pictures to show flash backs.

1581426234101.png

I would love to hear what you guys think of the eventing so far. You can play the game without downloading anything:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

How do you do when you want to work on projects but the game companies make so many games available for free because of the quarantine?
Kes
I have just stepped down from being a Mod, so please don't send me any more pm's with Mod questions. Thanks
The laptop I've had for almost 3 years has blue screened and is stuck on a boot loop. Can't wait to make games on nothing!
Made a brief video showcasing early game play... Got a copyright claim by BIG UP! (https://big-up.style/) for using music I bought from here (Future Steam Punk Pack). Now I wonder if I should strip any purchased music from here out of my game. :LZSskeptic:
Cleaned character animation and new room

I'm not sure if I should open a thread for this in games in development..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schiraz