Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Victor Sant converted his VE - SFont Ace script to MV! Link is here: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/53721-ve-sfonts/ 
If you're planning on using it, please show him some love! 

Hey everyone! I've been desperately trying to get my pixel fonts to look less anti-aliased. I spent the last couple of days trying to tweak and test different fonts.
I've gotten really close, but unfortunately my text is still noticeably blurry. From what I understand I can probably only get it to be sharp from using bitmap fonts. 
I've toyed with the idea of trying to learn how to make a plugin myself, but I'm not really versed and don't know where to start. It would probably end up disastrous. 

>> my original post:

Through my endless searching I was able to find scripts for VXAce:
VE SFont
Galenmereth's GitHub

ca089af998.png

(I want my text to be like it is in the orange bg, and not like the fuzziness in the green bg)

>> edit #1 (december 5th):

(edit, more info):
I'm looking to be able to use/load a .fnt file instead of .ttf or .otf.

.fnt files are paired with image files.

The image file has the letters, numbers, sybmols, etc laid out on a spritesheet. While the .fnt XML file determines where each letter is located on the spritesheet.

Check the spoiler for an example of what it looks like:

Obviously this would be a pain in the neck to put together.
BUT you can use this website: http://kvazars.com/littera/ to upload a .ttf to make and export a premade .fnt (xml) file and image. 

cd559dd7a6.png

>> edit #2 (december 22):

I did more research and it seems like a Bitmap Font/text feature is already in Pixi.js (V2-- I checked). Link here.
Like I said before, my scripting skills are pretty shoddy, so I don't know what this exactly means or how to incorporate it into MV.
I also made a .fnt file already and you can download it here here (so anyone attempting to make the plugin doesn't need to go through the trouble to make one themselves). Included in it is a .fnt and it's .png file.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marillmau5

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
wow youre making a gb theme game please tell me about it

Reaction score
wow youre making a gb theme game please tell me about it
Haha, sort of yes... at least trying to! I love the GB style & resolution, I think it looks so cute and fun.

I have a few solid ideas floating around, but I haven't committed to one just yet. I'm super indecisive when it comes to these things, but I'll be sure to let you know when I do!

I'm mostly working on assets. :)  

Reaction score
I updated the first post with more information.

Still crossing my fingers someone might be able to do this. ♥ 

Reaction score
i also would like to see this!
Thanks for replying! Really glad to see I'm not the only one.

If you can think of any specifics we might be able to provide for anyone with a sliver of interest in coding this let me know!

I've been trying to think of ways to update my op to help anyone who want's to give it a shot, but I don't know what else I could add. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Last week I was resting and working mainly on the game!
The current progress of the character.
OxWQ7zO.gif

Pre-programmed character :
-Cleaning
-Magic Book(include blood mode)
-Kettle pot stirring
-Other specimens(flower/bug...etc)
I found a huge spider in my house but it has disappeared and now I'm living in fear and paranoia
It's funny, the only reason I haven't actually released a prototype or demo is not that I don't have one. Hahahahahaha I do, I've had a prototype for months. I'm really just concerned with someone taking it, and putting it up on Steam or something first, then saying it's theirs. I should probably look into setting all that up or something... Then again, I have no ETA on the full game so not sure it's worth it yet.
Pixel Grass Sprites, Questing & Fast Traveling w/ Items, Sci-fi & Distorted Music | RPG Maker News #35

Is it me or while modifying RTP style SV Actor sets to make them taller, the idle animation is the hardest to get right? I think it's because that's the one that you see most so seeing pixels that look wrong make you constantly seek to correct that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andreskywalker