Bizarre Icon Balloon Glitch (YEP)

RealmsofChaos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So... this is an odd one. Odd enough that I swore I was seeing things until it happened a second time.

I am currently using The Yanfly Engine's Icon Balloon Plugin, which works just fine most of the time. A couple of times, however, when my computer was chugging, the balloon icon failed to capture the icon... which instead went flying across the screen (charging to the left for a few tiles before vanishing). Both times that this happened, the icon balloon worked normally when I repeated the dialog.

I have no earthly clue what on earth this could mean (especially as the plugisn normally works) and wanted to see if anyone has any guesses as to how this behavior would occur. If anyone else has seen this behavior, it would similarly be nice to know that I haven't lost my mind. For the record, I did take the empty balloon image provided on the plugin description and placed it in the appropriate folder.

Hahasea

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This happened to me before I realised that the balloon image file yanfly supplies is called 'iconballoons', where as the plugin points to 'iconballoon' by default. So it couldn't load the ballon, and the icon would fly across the screen every time.

So I'd guess that when you're computer is struggling it 'skips' loading the balloon, and you end up with the weird flying across the screen effect. Perhaps preloading the balloon image with a plugin like Preloader Core or Image Cache might help?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Gave my avatar an update, stay safe, people!
I'm currently available for hire for scripting (and perhaps other things).
Also, don't worry, the Advanced Minimap plugin is a work in progress.
Hallelujah! Work is getting stricter on humans in the store.
Day 3 of mapping... at least the whole game its just one location :3 (Still taking forever...)

Almost 5 am.. and I decide to put up a Youtube video instead of sleeping. It's strangely addicting! :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RitBro