SpakTheComposer

Possibly a glitch in the system
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, sorry for the vague title, my issue seemed a bit too long to fit in the title.

I'm using the plugin DreamX_ITB, which is a battle system that makes it so you immediately act when you select a skill. It works off of Yanfly's Battle system as well.
The issue I'm having (which I'm not sure why it's happening since it wasn't happening yesterday when I was testing battles) is when the party leader (only the leader, no other members have this issue) is afflicted with a state that causes them to not move, including knockout, they still get a turn but can't do anything except use items and escape; however, when they use items the game crashes and the error message shown below appears.

1627665724886.png
The issue disappears when I turn off the plugin, but my game heavily relies on this plugin for the battle system so I wanted to try to fix it. I've also tried turning off multiple other plugins that affect battle to see if that fixes anything but it doesn't seem to. I have no idea what caused this issue since it was working completely fine the last time I played and I didn't change anything related to battles since then.

If anybody knows how to fix this, I would greatly appreciate it since I can't find any solution currently.

Many thanks,
Spak

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) "of undefined" ALWAYS means that the engine got a reference to a missing data object.
there are exactly four reasons why such a reference can exist:
a) you deleted an object from the database or something similar that is still needed in the game
b) a plugin is configured to use a reference that do not exist (or in other words you failed to configure the plugin correctly
c) two of your plugins are in conflict with each other, overwriting or deleting each others data
d) you loaded an old and now incompatible savefile that does not yet have the required data.

as to point d which is currently my favorite due to your descriptions:
whenever you add or delete a plugin, you have to start a new playtest game because the data in older savefiles is no longer compatible with the current plugin configuration.

your explanation that the error vanishes if you remove a plugin means that it has to be either c or d depending on whether you load a savefile or not. there is a small chance of b if you forgot to configure the plugin removed correctly.

SpakTheComposer

Possibly a glitch in the system
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) "of undefined" ALWAYS means that the engine got a reference to a missing data object.
there are exactly four reasons why such a reference can exist:
a) you deleted an object from the database or something similar that is still needed in the game
b) a plugin is configured to use a reference that do not exist (or in other words you failed to configure the plugin correctly
c) two of your plugins are in conflict with each other, overwriting or deleting each others data
d) you loaded an old and now incompatible savefile that does not yet have the required data.

as to point d which is currently my favorite due to your descriptions:
whenever you add or delete a plugin, you have to start a new playtest game because the data in older savefiles is no longer compatible with the current plugin configuration.

your explanation that the error vanishes if you remove a plugin means that it has to be either c or d depending on whether you load a savefile or not. there is a small chance of b if you forgot to configure the plugin removed correctly.
I'm guessing that based on what you've said is that it's C. I should've mentioned that I was getting this error from both in game battling and the battle test feature (in fact that screenshot was from battle test). I'm gonna go around and test out turning off some plugins then. Thanks for the help though!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the battle test feature
as soon as you use plugins, the battletest may no longer be a valid test.
the problem is that battletest uses shortcuts to get to the battleengine directly, and there are a lot of plugins that react badly to having their initialisation skipped.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another comic with Backstage Malak...
If you want to ask him anything, you can ask on my DeviantArt page! I'm not sure if you're allowed to do it here.
Forum tip of the day ...
If you get a temporary suspension for being a jerk to people who are trying to help you, and arguing with mods and admins, don't go making new accounts. Chances are, if you p**s us off enough to suspend you for a week, we're not going to hesitate giving you a permanent ban when you give us a reason.
E_6fAErVkAQILXu.png
I'm so close to releasing my game on steam! :blush::blush::blush:
Us:
"This game is awesome! I wish there are more games like this in the future."
Also us:
"I hate how games stopped being original and start copying other successful games."
Should've done this a few days ago but...
PRI_200136808.jpg
Rest in Peace, Sir Clive Sinclair
1940 - 2021
Entrepreneur, Technologist, Father of the Modern British Computing Industry, and protagonist of Legend of ZUN.

Without you, England's games and tech industry wouldn't be where it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mulinho