Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It probably does but you have to call it in game instead of it starting automaticly, thus the title screen would still be all screwed up.
Use a script to skip the title screen and create your own ingame menue title.

And any script call can also be made from inside other scripts, so you could add a script that calls this resize when the original title screen is drawn.

Ah, okay. So you're still running at the same resolution, but this issue shows up when you play in fullscreen. Yes, it's a hardware issue.

If you go into the properties of your graphics card, you should find some options for how you want windows to behave when you change them to full screen. One of the options should be 'stretch'. See if you can find that and set it, and if it makes a difference. Specifically, I'm told it's common with certain types of monitors (so it might even be a 'display' preference rather than something on your graphics card).
unfortunately, that option isn't available in all graphic drivers, and its a local solution that has to be done by each player differently, based on his/her computer. It won't help a game developer wanting this feature for everyone who plays his game...

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Use a script to skip the title screen and create your own ingame menue title.
Or just type the required method calls into Scene_Title or do it in SceneManager.run

The game isn't going to "start" full-screen, but it will be full-screen before you get to the title. And I don't think people really care if things happen while the program is loading up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
its a local solution that has to be done by each player differently, based on his/her computer. It won't help a game developer wanting this feature for everyone who plays his game...
Which means a lot of players won't even see the issue, if that IS what's causing it ;)

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Which means a lot of players won't even see the issue, if that IS what's causing it ;)
Or tons of people are having this issue since it's fairly common and even if it's just few people, that sounds really shortsighted to not fix it on my end. Again, I've had about 4-5 different sorts of cards and this same thing has happened on all of them.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But if it's something to do with the graphics card or the monitor, you CAN'T fix it on your end. I know at least one company who has several genius C++ programmers, who have been selling games for over 10 years, who have not been able to get around this issue.

Your best solution may be to switch to 640x480 and see what can be done to make those other scripts compatible.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
, I've had about 4-5 different sorts of cards and this same thing has happened on all of them.
Of course it happens on all of them, because that is the default behaviour required of every graphic card to stay compatible.

The problem is that every graphic card needs its own, different fix. You would have needed 4-5 different driver uptdates to keep this error at bay with all the cards you mentioned, and each time you would update your graphic hardware in the future you would have to get a new fix for the problem.

That's why no programmer has fixed the problem so far - they could fix it for the card on their own computer, but they can't provide thousends of different patches for the thousands of different graphics cards out there.

Rik Vargard

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
You know, at the end, those black borders aren't really an (artistic) issue.

I tried the 640 thing and I get the backgrounds & parallax stuff repeating/tiled/whatever.

If this is really a graphic card and/or monitor issue, I suggest you just do like the developers of this software: 

Be smart, realistic and practical.

Because, if I read all of this right, if you manage to fix this for you on your computer, it may totally suck on mine.

As an artist I can really understand you BUT:

At the end, it's all about the story, the experience and the fun.

And, as a player, when you're really "into the game/story/experience", you don't even really "see"  those black borders.

It's like watching TV, and all around it there's stuff in your living room that your eyes can see if they want to.

But when you're really into the movie....  ;)

:) Rik

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your best solution may be to switch to 640x480 and see what can be done to make those other scripts compatible.
I am sure they can be made, I use Moghunter's scripts but instead of the regular battle system, I use the XAS. I myself haven't been able to make them 640x480.

http://www.atelier-rgss.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

moda20

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
Hello, i have the same problem with the Black bars on Full screen but i want that black space to visualize more of the map. 

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, i have the same problem with the Black bars on Full screen but i want that black space to visualize more of the map. 
You can't - 640x480 is the technical limit of the Ace-DLL and that can't be changed.

For larger screens (in fact for any-size-screens) you'll need the RMMV that just got on preorder.

moda20

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
i actually played a game that was made with RPGM XP that has no black borders while still going full screen and displaying only the map with no scaling what so ever  i think it was Aveyond 3 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

After 5 days, it only need some more details, a few places to furnish and it's done.
I can start the eventing :3
(For the no travel jam)
I feel like I'm living in a ghost town.
Tried playing Panzer Dragoon Remake to fill the empty hole in my heart due to no Star Fox on Switch. Finished it with an even bigger hole. Nothing compares to Star Fox :'(
Is there not a police Character sprite for mv?
... finally, I think I'm making progress with this lookwise. and I even have custom ATB gauges.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Udhe