Emberstorm

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Banner-shadow.png

Black Cat must train and join up with his friends to defeat the tyrannical Ruffus, who is wrecking havoc on the land!

Features:*

• Beautiful handcrafted original pixel-art graphics.
  • Incredible non-repetitive high quality music and sound effects.
  • Astonishing gameplay and life-like combat mechanics.
  • A gripping storyline which will immerse you start to finish.
  • Limitless events and characters to interact with.
  • A seamless open world to explore, where your choices influence the storyline.

Download:
https://gofile.io/d/DS9ib6 (working as of 17/04/21)

Reviews:*

IGN:
"Unbelievable, it's Skyrim on steroids!"

Gametrailers: "11/10, a must play for all ages"

Metacritic: "Easily one of the best games of this generation!"

Trailer:

Screenshots:

ccbbf77a3f2b107fa24c26b37f3e649a_large.png

93cd4d04865f3af04c85e271251f47f9_large.png

fdb6fb47979187c8b4bf7851fcc258d6_large.png

5765ad02b44e26d3159db13cd64f3a6f_large.png

fd5d38b7f037367805ebc114ae2a6905_large.png

c4efabd8f8b620e8b9824e3028f4649e_large.png

1f75fc921764e517cac1d5e7b90633f0_large.png

Additional Media

Ruffus, the main antagonist

black_cat_s_story___ruffus__the_antagonist__by_kreator1990-d80uziq.png

Some of the various wild-life you may fight

ea0e9ae92c6cfb9d0251268fb64f3d78_large.png

Some of the mini-bosses you will encounter:

c87783ba22d0352e94aff4422505903d_large.png

Some of the bosses you will encounter:

black_cat_s_story___bosses_by_kreator1990-d80v4cs.png

*Features and reviews may be exaggerated and/or entirely faked.

Last edited:

Emberstorm

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
A few more screenshots to enjoy:

59.png

81.png

74.png

Clockwarkgate

RGSS2 User
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
The art is superb! By the way, I haven't tried the game yet. I'll add this in my RPG game lists.  :D

Capitán

kind of a big deal
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engilsh
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Haha, I'm going to play this right now.

Capitán

kind of a big deal
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engilsh
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I actually enjoyed this game so much It's hilarious!!

Black cat don't do side quests
I got stuck on the second boss (the big worm thing) {A bit too difficult if you ask me)

10/10 for humour and originality loved the game and how all of the graphics are custom made!

The first yellow duck scene was hilarious!

I also love how all the characters say "ok"

Last edited by a moderator:

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there. I started playing the game. Really love the light-hearted atmosphere but with some dark, unexpected twists, and the quirky personalities of everyone. Dialogue is hilarious. I agree with the poster above. It's very funny how everyone responds with 'ok', even to serious things. I'm only about half-hour in so far, but I'll keep on playing further.

Ratty524

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks like the greatest thing ever made. Downloading!

Conein

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Ok so now that i registered, i can tell you what bug i found: After i reached ruffus's castle roof, he tells me that he's gonna murder my family and stuff, then black cat says that we should leave, and the game just stops. I tried restarting, but it stops there, with me stuck in the room unable to do anything, not even moving. It's like i have some missing file.

And in the middle of the rage i deleted the game. Maybe i didn't have to :|

Emberstorm

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the great feedback everyone!

Ok so now that i registered, i can tell you what bug i found: After i reached ruffus's castle roof, he tells me that he's gonna murder my family and stuff, then black cat says that we should leave, and the game just stops. I tried restarting, but it stops there, with me stuck in the room unable to do anything, not even moving. It's like i have some missing file.

And in the middle of the rage i deleted the game. Maybe i didn't have to :|
Ow, sorry about that. I'll look through and try and replicate it and fix it. I tested the boss battle a few times and the ending played fine, but I'll see what I might have missed to cause this.

Conein

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
OK thanks. Also, now that i've replayed to game to see if it'd work, here is a screen of where the game stops:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PBu18Cz.png[/IMG]

Maybe i can show you some game file to see if something's missing, but i dont know where all the stuff is.

Also this game is easily the best one i played in this life and in all other lifes, i had to tell you.

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heya there. I can confirm that I too am getting the same issue as Conein. The boss battle doesn't seem to happen at all. It seems as though it's about to start, but then the characters say it's time to get out and the game freezes.

Other than this, the game has been pretty fun so far. It did get a bit too battle-heavy in late stages, but overall a good RM game. Just hoping this issue with the final cutscene can be fixed soon so that we can all see the ending. :)

Emberstorm

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the reports guys, I'll look into it as soon as I can. Unfortunately I've been extremely busy lately but I will get around to finding and fixing that bug!

Galvin09

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
unique story and art!

*bookmarked for playing list after another game played completely*

Emberstorm

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Heya there. I can confirm that I too am getting the same issue as Conein. The boss battle doesn't seem to happen at all. It seems as though it's about to start, but then the characters say it's time to get out and the game freezes.
I've been trying to replicate the bug but it won't happen for me. I'll upload the version I'm using in case I've unintentionally fixed it between the version I have uploaded on the website, and the version I have on my computer. However if you have any more details to help me understand what might have happened, let me know. Did you fight/see Black Cat's mum? Did rocks fall from the ceiling?

Tentacurls

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I sat there at the crossroads of the river I've visited for the first time and thought; this game must go on for awhile longer. Should all my characters be level 10 with the highest equipment already? Why do I have this god damn fish that always dies when I move? 

My life has been improved by this game.

Conein

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
I've been trying to replicate the bug but it won't happen for me. I'll upload the version I'm using in case I've unintentionally fixed it between the version I have uploaded on the website, and the version I have on my computer. However if you have any more details to help me understand what might have happened, let me know. Did you fight/see Black Cat's mum? Did rocks fall from the ceiling?
For me, the game stops the first time i enter ruffus'castle, i complete the puzzles, i see him for the first time in here, and black cat says we need to go away.

I sat there at the crossroads of the river I've visited for the first time and thought; this game must go on for awhile longer. Should all my characters be level 10 with the highest equipment already? Why do I have this god damn fish that always dies when I move? 

My life has been improved by this game.
I suggest you level the 3 main characters up to 10 and get them the sniper rifle. The fish is useless for me, maybe there is a way to keep him alive

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Same as what Conein said. Done all the puzzles in the castle, and then when I enter Roofus' chamber, they exchange some dialogue and then Black Cat turns around and tries to leave, but the game gets stuck. I am guessing this must be an older version that was uploaded or something.

Labyrinthine

Artist/ Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
I'm playing your game and enjoying the originality. However, I've gotten stuck.

How can I get through the cavern with the red button puzzle? Should I try to find the missing button from somewhere?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've decided to try and be more social and less nervous about engaging. I'm always over thinking things - from now on when I'm worried or don't get something I'll just ask.
Sometimes a mechanic that is meant to add challenge is just annoying. Even the Final Fantasy games did not completely escape this pitfall of design. (FF8 draw system I'm looking at you - grrrr)
starting working on the sprites for one of my games major antagonists finally. here's the first frame of his chanting motion in battle.
Have spent too much time hammering out with a friend just how to make a reoccurring enemy that permanently learns skills you use against her.
I know what I want in a loose sense. Maybe I should just make a post asking for opinions and suggestions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saiore