Black Cat's Story

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by Emberstorm, May 30, 2015.

1. Emberstorm

Emberstorm Resource Staff Restaff

First Language:
    English

Thanks for the feedback, and I'm glad your enjoying. I've learnt a lot from working on this game and am working on a new game. I'm hoping it will show off a lot of new things I've learnt, including more fun things/activities.

2. JoePie

JoePie of Art/Game Veteran

First Language:
    Not English
    Just to let you know I'm enjoying SO MUCH in your game! The black humour inside is perfect! Not too much, not too less. The game was so perfect in terms of comedy I'm thinking of let you proofreading my script instead of proffesional proofreader! Well, if you're OK with it of course XD 

3. Eryka

Eryka Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Omg, I'm so glad I went on this forum and downloaded your game. It's amazing! I love Black Cat! This character is pretty funny, I just love him so much <3

I only played one hour so far and I wish it wasn't time to go to bed already... 

4. Emberstorm

First Language:
    English
    Glad your enjoying yourself. As for the proof reading, I can have a quick look if you wanted to message me.

Thanks! Tell your friends! ;)

5. Eryka

Eryka Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    I already told one of my friend :)

6. Emberstorm

First Language:
    English
    That's great! Thanks :D

7. Hellpug

Hellpug Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Engililish
    Are the cloth head wraps supposed to be body gear or head gear? They equip as body gear.

Loving this so far.

8. Emberstorm

First Language:
    English
    Hey Hellpug, thanks for the report. That's a bug. Let me know if you notice any other issues and I'll release another patch. I think I've gotten most if not all bugs, but I overlooked that!

9. Hellpug

Hellpug Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Engililish
    No probs, at the final boss, when I get a game over I get "cannot find game over 4"

blackcatstorygameovererror.png

Also, I can use grenades outside of battle.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2016
  10. Emberstorm

First Language:
    English
    Thanks a ton, fixing them now. 

Also, I've decided with the next patch to release some sort of new content. I'd love to hear what the players want.

New skills? Items? Monsters? Secret area? 

11. Hellpug

Hellpug Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Engililish
    Oh, one more thing, I rather liked this but I'm not sure if it was your intent or not - Brown Dog's Raise Morale works outside of combat. Only good for one battle/the duration so it's not game breaking. Found it very useful at the second to last boss.

As for what I would like to see in the next patch - Yeah, a secret area, maybe a chance to meet Pink Duck and see if she has any friends that Black Cat might be interested in lol. Maybe some sort of fish tank for Blue Fish lol. Or the opportunity to get one and then have it dashed away by something, furthering Blue Fish's plight.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2016
  12. Emberstorm

First Language:
    English
    Oh you will get a chance to meet Pink Duck... and Blue Fish's story has only just begun. ;)

Hellpug likes this.
  13. Yuuta Kirishima

Yuuta Kirishima Software Engineer/Professional Mayonnaise Player Veteran

First Language:
    Engilsh
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My all-time favorite RPG Maker game :D I just played again, loved it.

14. amerk

amerk Veteran Member

First Language:
    English
    Enjoyable and funny. Combat was never too difficult or repetitive, but felt just right for a comedy rpg such as this.

The only thing I'd recommend if you are still looking for future ideas:

1. 10 Levels seems to shallow. I was able to hit that about 3/4 into the game, making the rest of the game a tad boring as I was fighting enemies for gold and nothing else. I'd recommend increasing Level max to 15, but to compensate, adjust the enemy stats beyond the city to be more difficult.

2. Increase the gold drops for enemies beyond the city to make the secretive weapon / armor shop in the city more viable. As it was, though, I didn't really have a need for most of the stuff there, but it'd be nice to pick up a few extra things without having to grind so much.

3. Provide a breathing apparatus for the fish (like a fishbowl helmet). When it's on, the fish can move without losing health, and when it's off, the fish goes back to suffocating mode. Cause the fish to lose a lot in stats whenever it's on so players have to decide when it's best to toggle the apparatus on or off. It might help reduce the issue of healing the fish every few steps, which made an otherwise great game seem to drag out more than it needed.

Beyond that, this game is really quite entertaining. It was the right amount of time (less than 5 and 1/2 hours for me in my run), while still offering plenty to do. The broken bits of dialect of our would-be anti-heroes was amusing, and the music and graphics fit the scene quite well.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2016
  15. shushcat

shushcat :( :( :( :( :( Member

First Language:
    English
    I haven't finished it, but I am absolutely loving this game!  Love the art, love the characters, the dialogue...the everything so far!

16. Emberstorm

First Language:
    English
    Hey guys, sorry I haven't been active lately! Thank you for the kind words, it really makes me happy to read your comments. 

I like your suggestions amerk. As for Blue Fish, there are some strategies to get maximum use out of him, including some regeneration and lifesteal items, and also the regeneration spell which can be used outside of combat also to help him survive longer. I can see that blue fish is a choresome character that some may decide to give up on, but he was part of a cruel joke I guess. As for the fishbowl idea... let's just say that if a sequal was to ever be finished with Blue Fish in it, it would make a special appearance. ;)

17. Emberstorm

First Language:
    English
    I am looking to work on this title some more... as such I would love to hear feedback of both new and old players.

1. What was your most favorite, and least favorite aspect of the game?
    2. What area or map was most entertaining? Which was the least?
    3. Which is your favorite and least favorite character?
    4. What would you love to be added to the game?
    5. What are your honest opinions on:
    a. The art?
    b. The music?
    c. The story?

Additionally, if there are any bugs I've missed I would be grateful if you could report them and I will fix them!

I will take your feedback very personally and do my best to work on it.

Thank you to everybody who has played or will play Black Cat's Story!!!

18. Labyrinthine

Labyrinthine Artist/ Developer Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    1. The dialogue and graphics were my favorite aspects.
    2. I liked the town most, I think. Can't remember all the areas too well anymore, though.
    3. Ruffus was my favorite character, even though I hated his personality. Still, a good psychopathic villain.
    4. I think you could add some maps and make the story a bit longer.
    a: The art was great, original and funny. It was a perfect match with the story and dialogue, which is an essential aspect of a good game. No reason to change the style.
    b. I can't remember the soundtrack too well unfotunately. I guess it was quite simple, but it was very fitting to the game.
    c. The story was funny and in certain ways ingenious because of the supporting dialog and atmosphere. But I think it could be expanded a bit.

19. Emberstorm

First Language:
    English
    Thank you Labyrinthine for your answers!

20. Emberstorm

First Language:
    English
    I'm playing through my own title and coming up with pages of things to tweak, change, and add. I have to say, I am so entertained by my own game and am very excited to work on this more!!!

Yellow Duck is my favourite!!!

24204899_10214065435887451_108626150_n.png qwe.png Untitled.png

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017