FiercestPixel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What do I need to edit to get rid of these black command boxes? It's likely something on the windowskin but I can't seem to find it.

Attachments

• ws.png
    ws.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 3

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
:kaohi: These are actually drawn independently of the windowskin:
The selectable item background rectangles reference two colours from the ColorManager:
  • itemBackColor1 - upper gradient colour and rectangle border;
  • itemBackColor2 - lower gradient colour.
You can override these colours with a plugin that lets you configure the ColorManager, e.g. VisuStella Core Engine or my own Cae_MenuDisplayOpts~

Alternatively, you can put these methods in a .js file, edit the numbers, and import as a plugin:
JavaScript:
ColorManager.itemBackColor1 = function() {
    return "rgba(32, 32, 32, 0.5)";
};

ColorManager.itemBackColor2 = function() {
    return "rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5)";
};
If you want it totally transparent, try a value with 0 alpha, e.g. rgba(0,0,0,0).

FiercestPixel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Try having a read through this.
wondowskin
Wow I'm so glad you linked that! I'm In the process of trying to create a windowskin and this helped a bunch, thanks!

:kaohi: These are actually drawn independently of the windowskin:
So a plugin is needed, that's actually surprising. Thank you, saved me some time, problem solved!

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm gonna put my project on pause for a tiny bit so I can explore the engine outside of it... Winging it can only get you so far LMFAO
Have seen some of my favorite people here posting and helping others with questions today -- love to see it!
Haven't been on here actively in awhile, project is going strong my biggest issue is the STORY, i'm refining the plot and learning so much i decided to take a writers class to improve even more but the programming and functionality of the game is stepping up nicely!
Hi everyone! Here's what I'm working on today! It's one of the dorms on campus. I know I said I wouldn't use assets but I reused a few things from the cafeteria hehe.
FCuxBOMXMAICK5e
I added a little squish effect when characters change direction to try and make things a bit more lively. Though it's a bit hard to see on the fast moving guys.
2f4fiuy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clique