RMMV Black Crystals - A Hand Drawn RPG [DEMO AVAILABLE!]

Yoraee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@potatopoofer My main inspiration is Playstation era RPG, especially Saga Frontier, Tales of Destiny, and Suikoden II! :D The combo mechanic in my game is based on Saga Frontier's combo system, with a jigsaw twist :)

Yoraee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hey everyone! Here is a compilation of stock emotions I made for Starsio's sprite to use in his day to day conversations. I made these to save me time when making scene animations, but I ended up making unique ones for most of my scenes!
tumblr_pp6quxxFEH1vcrhjeo1_r1_540.gif

BlueMage

Slime Lv99
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Alright! This small cutscene include a lots of unique motions for each of character =) it's a lot of work

VitaliaDi

Jedi Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow this looks like a ton of work, those animations tho!

Yoraee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Thank you for the kind comments, everyone!

I had this drawing as a concept sketch and decided to turn it into a gif thingy!

Usually these three get together before showtime and Patricia goes through the performance plans to make sure everything goes on smoothly. If only everyone is as professional as she is!!

tumblr_pqzswiMM1g1vcrhjeo1_540.gif

BlueMage

Slime Lv99
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Who is Patricia? Pink hair girl?

BlueMage

Slime Lv99
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Cool! The world of Black Crystal .. i can feel it =D
it appear as an old street with friendly people from everywhere gather up (in my imagination)
It's important to have people able to feel your game's world =)

Yoraee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@BlueMage Thank you, I appreciate that a lot! I have been thinking about these characters for a long time, I'm happy these little gifs and drawings are able to convey the feeling of the world to you! :)

Yoraee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
tumblr_prco5npNHv1vcrhjeo1_540.gif

Hey everyone! Here’s a new NPC~! Her sprite is still WIP but I thought I’d share it~!

This is Lilith. She works as a bouncer at Paprika! She is one of you many co-workers you will meet and interact with at Paprika. She is the strong and silent type and does most of the heaving lifting at the place.

What do you think her hair color is? I’ll post the colored gif next week so place your bets till then~!

By the way, I got a huge chunk of work done over the weekend, that I actually was surprised/impressed at myself! Now that its Ramadan we work two hours less than we usually do, so I’m expecting to keep this trend for the rest of Ramadan! I wish I could show you guys all the stuff I’ve been working on. Sooooooon(ish)!

And, I finally saved up enough and bought a new laptop recently. I also made use of the Golden Week Sale and bought a copy of RPG Maker MV and installed it on the new laptop! I might have mentioned it before, but so far Black Crystals is being developed on a 10+ year old laptop. It gets frustrating really quick because everything lags like hell. I tested a demo of the game on the new laptop and it ran so smoothly it was surreal. I haven’t moved to working on the new laptop fulltime just yet, but will do in the few coming weeks!

BlueMage

Slime Lv99
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Niceeeee! Everyone has their own problems it's just they didn't speak it out!
Couldn't believe you dev this game on 10 years old laptop!

Yoraee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
tumblr_ps2knw6YIv1vcrhjeo1_540.gif

I got a craving to draw these characters in some casual clothes, so I thought why not add a couple outfits to this compilation from ages ago?

So there you have it! Starsio and Arthur in casual clothes! They might wear these if they ever get a day off and go out into the city to window-shop (they’re always broke so they can’t buy anything).

After drawing them, I noticed that their casual clothes look darker and more serious than their “work” clothes. Huh… . .

I wish I could add alternative costumes to the game, but just imagining the amount of art assets that will need gives me the chills!! (Maybe palette swaps?)

BlueMage

Slime Lv99
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
If you was just used Spriter plugin from KanaX = )

Yoraee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
tumblr_pssfq1XSGZ1vcrhjeo1_540.gif

Hey everyone! Here’s a tiny bit of a scene with Starsio and Arthur. Early followers might remember that I posted a prototype of this scene AGES ago! This scene is now complete!

When playing games, I live for moments of character interaction, so there are a good number of these in Black Crystals.

By the way, this is my first gif done with my new laptop! Everything is set up and I am now completing the remainder of Black Crystals’ development on this new shiny thing! Seriously… I never realized how tough everything was before until I started using this machine!! Its all so fast!!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

New pet peeve: Telling tech support personnel what something is doing, only for them to tell me (in excessively condescending tones) what it should be doing. Yes, I know what it should be doing, and if it was doing that, I wouldn’t be talking to you and your attitude problem about it right now, would I? >.<
uglywolf wrote on Khulse's profile.
Hello.
The rules I makes pun about on your last thread is about "Verify Files" before anything else, if the stuff comes from STEAM. Which means, if it could be fixed with just that, there is no need to redownload the whole stuff.
But glad the reinstall worked, hope you enjoy it and your days too.
uh oh, I just tapped into a fresh, deep vein of nightmare fuel right here guys:
51F2AC5E-A605-446E-9439-D77AA6A0B0ED.pngAdded console to my content thread here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkPurplePrince