RMMV Black Crystals - A Hand Drawn RPG [DEMO AVAILABLE!]

Yoraee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
tumblr_pvc2yawzOO1vcrhjeo1_r1_540.gif

Hey everyone! Just wanted to check in to let you all know that I am still alive and that work on Black Crystals has been progressing in full force. Please stay tuned for some exciting announcements in a couple of months.

Here’s a tiny bit of a scene that appears at the beginning of the game. You get to play as Starsio in that costume for a little while too.

(I’ve had a lot of issues making this gif, please excuse the low quality!!!)

empresskiova

Untitled Project1
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Looks cool! I love how the hand drawn art looks!

Yoraee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hey everyone~! Here are a few of the NPCs you will meet at Paprika!

I spent quite some time working on my NPCs. They all have unique emotion sprites and you can engage with the in many conversations. I hope you guys will like them!

tumblr_pvo8crIKnC1vcrhjeo1_540.gif

BlueMage

Slime Lv99
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
@Yoraee alrightttt... so you have unique NPC huh? That's awesome =D

ScientistWD

Innocuous
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My personal favorite is "Third Wheel Blonde" over there but I do have a soft spot for "Coloring Book" and "Sleepy Adult".
Though honestly, they all have their own intrigue. Nice work indeed.

Yoraee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses

Hello, hello!

I wanted to talk about the Cat Adoption System in Black Crystals, but I ran out of time! So I decided to share this part of the scene where we get introduced to this system. (I had to break it into two gifs to display properly aaaaaaaa)

The girl in this scene is the NPC of Isabella Ava over on Twitter, Mell. She has an affinity for cats, which made her perfect to introduce Starsio and Arthur to the adoption system!

Also I threw in a bonus picture of the happy family!

(By the way, I realize there are typos in the dialogue! Please try to ignore them. I haven’t done my dialogue QAQC yet >>;;)

Yoraee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hey everyone! Today I’m going to show the new sprites of the office NPCs! Both are now complete with all their animations. What a relief!

tumblr_pwdxekJ9Rf1vcrhjeo1_r1_540.gif

tumblr_pwdxekJ9Rf1vcrhjeo2_r1_540.gif

Here is the original for reference!

552df3702567738e95aea22ebee6ebde2594ca4f.gif

Buckthorn

Endless Combat Dungeon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The art is just too precious.

Yoraee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Here's a new map with a couple NPCs.

tumblr_pwfp29eJqv1vcrhjeo1_r1_540.gifv

StreetCherub

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Love to see these handdrawn animations. Very unique system and menus too. Great stuff here :)

Yoraee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I posted a request on my devblog last week for people who are interested in having their OCs as NPCs in my bar map. I got quite a few great OCs. Here's the first batch. I still need to animate them and do their sprite sheets, but I'm happy with how they turned out.

chars-smol.png

Yoraee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
tumblr_pywr225ACR1vcrhjeo1_540.png

Hi everyone! I have been radio silent for a while, but fear not! I have some exciting announcements to make!

Black Crystals will be available for public experience for the first time ever at the Middle East Games Con on 24 to 26 October 2019! This is both exciting and terrifying!

Also… here’s a draft outline for one of the Unite Skills!

5f293f94221e8c65d35665701217c5b7442fd3e1.gif

ScientistWD

Innocuous
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh my gosh. Congratulations, @Yoraee! That's so exciting and cool.
I must also say, that the Unite Skill is as exciting and fun as I could have imagined.
Good luck at the convention. Please share how it goes when the time comes!

Yoraee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Thank you, @ScientistWD ! I will definitely make a detailed post about the experience! I am hoping to complete a few Unite Attacks in time for the event too. Here's hoping (currently finishing the sound effects. . . they take way longer than expected!!)

Also by the way, I started playing your game "Toil and Trouble" and am really enjoying it. I spent so much time collecting ingredients and making items to improve my party. The crafting system is so much fun and very satisfying! I am not too far in yet but I can already tell its a great game!

Ihavenoskin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OMG! I’m showing my new game at Middle East Games con too!!! See you there!

Last edited:

cradth

FreeLancerPaidSwordsman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
N/A
Your game has strong and unique concept, I really like the idea of octagon / crystal skills and jigsaw chain coop system! The quality of the graphic is mind blowing (Those battler & skill animation are really nice! love it!). Looking forward for a demo! Also, goodluck on the Middle East Games con!

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Here's Azrael sprite with the fire weapon, hope it came out good.
A13774F4-298B-4F4D-B639-E6921E49FCC2.jpeg
Art test for a victory title screen change
illuminatigirl.png
Illuminati may be just a cover-up for the actual secret society of Illuminaughty. :kaojoy:
Got distracted... again. So now I'm on project.... 5? 6? I can't even remember off the top of my head how many plugins I have in the works. Though I blame the latest two on a coding youtuber I watch occasionally. He codes in C++ but walks through the process well enough that it inspires me to do similar things for JS plugins. So... blame him for my lack of activity. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AppleCider