Black screen after player transfer?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Almightypebble, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Almightypebble

Almightypebble Villager Member

First Language:
    Bulgarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey guys!

So at the start of my game I created a character select choice with pictures on a transparent map, after which it should transfer the player to a new map, but when the player gets transferred the screen just stays black. The music is playing but I can't see or do anything.

Here's screenshots of both events on the 2 different maps:
    ev1.jpg
    ev2.jpg
    The control switch I've only used to put "Erase event" on the next page.

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Transfer player should be the last command in an event if you're transferring the player to a different map.
    Because all events on the current map are automatically erased on loading a new map, and while sometimes the commands after a transfer might be executed, they can also be lost.

In this case the fade-in is places after the transfer, so it isn't executed anymore, you'll need the fadein on the new map.

There are several other problems here (for example that self-witch to erase event is the wrong way, so I suggest you go through some of the eventing tutorials to check everything, but the missing fade-in is why your game remains black.

3. Alice's hat trick

Alice's hat trick Abraca....what was that again...? Veteran

First Language:
    Cantonese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Actually, you don't have to use the fade-out command before you transfer the player to another map, because the transfer player command have a built-in option to automatically fade-in fade-out itself!

I'm sayin just in case, maybe you already knew but made this on purpose due to some particular reasons~ sketch-1499863188376.png