Ekamu
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hi,
I'm trying to deploy a game as an HTML5 browser based game on itch.io and when I do all I get is a black screen then after a long time it tells me Error: failed to load: js/plugin/TerraxLighting.js which is a script plugin that I think should have no effect to HTML or the browser.

here is a link to the game on itch.io:
https://ekamu.itch.io/crossed-swords-prototype

Do you get the same problem (blank screen)?
Does it get stuck and show the same error message?

Looking for some play-testing/debugging help. Thanks

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
all plugins become part of the HTML5-code - that js in the file stands for javascript, the scripting language executed by browsers.

So you need to find out why that plugin can't be loaded, because your game uses and requires it.

This usually means that a file is not found that is required - have you checked if it is really in the correct directory on that web-version?

Emanzi

Ekamu
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
all plugins become part of the HTML5-code - that js in the file stands for javascript, the scripting language executed by browsers
I made it public so it actually runs the code. I still experience the same problem with draft.

The sound seems off though what's happening. I made my files encrypted does that affect HTML5 gameplay?

EDIT [SOLVED]:
If you're having this problem with itch.io HTML5 deployment (seeing a black screen, random unexplained errors, no audio) do the following...

> Deploy your game as HTML in RPG Maker MV HOWEVER DO NOT ENCRYPT THE AUDIO.
>Make sure your Zip file does not contain any empty directories or it will corrupt the file, and make sure it includes an index.html.
>Release it as Public, THE JAVASCRIPT CODE IS NOT RUN unless it is released not as a draft.
>Make sure you have set the resolution to something NOT AS ZERO.

You can test out my example here:

It's now working properly. (sound and everything).

Last edited:

Emanzi

Ekamu
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Bump:
This is a deployment issue, need help moving it to deployment.

Emanzi

Ekamu
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
[SOLUTION TO SOUND PROBLEMS WITH HTML]
Here is what I learned from reading the manual "documentation\ asset standards\ audio files".

* When creating a game that will be played on Windows or Mac, please prepare only the Ogg Vorbis file format. When creating a game that will be released on the web or made for Android/iOS, both file formats are required.

So you will need BOTH MP4 and OGG file formats for web, IOs and Android.
I made it public so it actually runs the code. I still experience the same problem with draft.

The sound seems off though what's happening. I made my files encrypted does that affect HTML5 gameplay?

EDIT [SOLVED]:
If you're having this problem with itch.io HTML5 deployment (seeing a black screen, random unexplained errors, no audio) do the following...

> Deploy your game as HTML in RPG Maker MV HOWEVER DO NOT ENCRYPT THE AUDIO.
>Make sure your Zip file does not contain any empty directories or it will corrupt the file, and make sure it includes an index.html.
>Release it as Public, THE JAVASCRIPT CODE IS NOT RUN unless it is released not as a draft.
>Make sure you have set the resolution to something NOT AS ZERO.

You can test out my example here:

It's now working properly. (sound and everything).

Nza3

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey thanks so much for trying to help people with HTML problems! This was one of the best threads I found! Unfortunately I am also trying to upload a game to itchi.io, following your instructions but still getting a black screen... I probably have a different problem, but a lot of these things you addressed I wasn't aware of before.

Here is what my ZIP file looks like:

The official .zip file is the www.zip that I'm submitting. But it contains all of the above elements inside of it (The audio, data, etc. zip folders and index.html file). Any suggestions on other things to check for? Still getting a black screen..

Again, thanks though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm making my game in both English and Portuguese. I wonder if I should add Spanish too? :v
Thinking about picking up Luna Engine, but also wondering if I should wait to see if it goes on sale.
So looks like the last Star Wars movie sucked. We feared George would kill his own legacy after Episode 1. But look like he handed off to others to put it out of its misery. Does that count as assisted suicide?
Brother made thumbnails for my Lets Plays. He's a swood dude.
Since I'm getting so busy (the fact that I'm often here is due to the fact that this is my procrastination #1 destination), I'm trying a new system where everyday I dedicate 30 minutes to my personal game project. That way it won't fall into the abyss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsme