Not open for further replies.

EtphTheElephant

Advanced Elephant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So yeah, I have no clue what's causing it. I did a clean download and I still have the same problem.

Screenshot (1).png
EDIT: Fixed, driver had a new update.

Last edited by a moderator:

seita

Donn_M
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I assume your starting position is in an empty blank map. You can change this by right-clicking on the map you want to start the player in and choosing the Set as Starting Position. If this isn't the case, we'll need more details~

EtphTheElephant

Advanced Elephant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ummm, no. I start in an actual map, I just can't see anything, the sound plays and all but I just get a black screen.

seita

Donn_M
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This happens when you should be getting the title screen? Even during a completely fresh install with just tinkering on the map?

I'm assuming you don't have any scripts installed. Strange issue, I'll tell you right now though that it isn't Windows 8, I'm using it in Windows 8 as we speak. It could be a driver issue

EtphTheElephant

Advanced Elephant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yup, strange indeed. I'm running 8.1 and it was working a few weeks ago, now that's all I get. Imma update my driver and see what happens.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
does this happen with a new project?

Usually this happens if a script breaks the game setup before the title screen is displayed. And it should make no difference on the driver, because the default engine uses the same display functions as the desktop.

I suggest activating the console window before starting playtest (that's an option in the game menu) and check if something is reported there.

EtphTheElephant

Advanced Elephant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It has been fixed, I had to update my driver. Thanks everyone :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Pretend you were telling, reading, or listening to a very serious, slightly scary story about witches. Would a witch doing the stereotypical flying on a broomstick thing ruin the mood?
Yeseylon wrote on CrowStorm's profile.
All Hail Storm Crow, the Blue Eyes White Dragon of MtG!
I love these real life Oblivion videos:
I'm playing DQ:XI DE in 2d mode with the synthesized soundtrack, the only way a RPGMAKER creator should play it. :D
:/ it really get on my nerves reading stuff about how to write a resume and they say things like "turn your failures into wins!!!" ... no interview Ive ever had cared to hear anything about my failures, and why would they :( ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmicycle