Blackmorning Scripts

Yummytiger22

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Make sure you downloaded the pictures attachment from Blackmorning's  VK Equip webpage. You can find a link named "default body images" about halfway down the page. You need some sort of equip image for the script to work, otherwise there is no image for the script to use.

Once you download the zip, put those graphics in the \graphics\system folder.

Reaction score
First Language
English
So a few things.

1. Thanks so much for the script(s). This is making the game I am working on look and feel more badass.

2. Your Advanced VK Equip has an error:

It has this wierd gap in between the description of the item and the new equip stat window you have. (Don't know how to fix this)

3. Your Advanced Status Addon is kind of confusing. Here's what I see.

What I want to see is right next to it. Where exactly do you put your portraits to be in the status menu. Is that update revoked in the last edition?

Also some of your "z press" toggle does not work, like the bm bio versus the yea bio.

Overall I love the work you do, Thanks so much! :D

:thumbsup:

Edit: Also, forgot to type this part, but how exaclty do I have the stats from "Shield Block" by Mr. Bubble to the scripts. What I mean is... is it an eval? etc..

I know he has it compatible with YEA Status Menu, and you have spots for it in both BM Core and your advanced status menu. I'm just returning blanks and numbers that don't make sense. Like this:

Thanks for being awesome!

Figured this one out. I'll let people know how if they want to know.

Last edited by a moderator:

blackmorning84

Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
It's been a while, but I have a few updates.  As always, thank you for any suggestions, I appreciate them.  (Thanks to Allied G and Anthony for these updates).  BM-Base has been updated to allow the customization of the param ratio that creates the parameter gauges and the stats graph for the BM-Status which has also been updated.  BM-Titles has added the ability to change the base stat change from percent to a set number.

UPDATES
BM-Base
BM-Status
BM-Titles

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi, Blackmorning!

I have a question regarding a piece of code in your base script...

What is the purpose of these lines in your base script?

class Sprite_Character < Sprite_Base #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Alias: Location updates #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- alias :bm_base_up :update_position def update_position move_animation(@character.screen_x - x, @character.screen_y - y) bm_base_up end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Overwrite: Moving animation #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def move_animation(dx, dy) if @animation && @animation.position != 3 @ani_ox += dx @ani_oy += dy @ani_sprites.each do |sprite| sprite.x += dx sprite.y += dy end end endend
The only thing I noticed, that when the screen scrolls, so will the animations move with them, which will mess up the position of the animations quite badly.

Where can this be used in this form?

Or did you use this in another script?

Sorry, I am just curious, because none of your scripts I have seen uses this, and that makes me wonder why did you leave that piece of code there. :p

And thanks for the updates!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi Blackmorning,

There seems to be an error with your status menu script:

http://i.imgur.com/m2swuVJ.png

It seems like the new version of the status menu has the line "#n = [n - 2.0, -0.01].min" commented out just a few lines before the error.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks for the update!

EDIT: The same error happens with the previous version of the status menu. Is it the Basic Module?

blackmorning84

Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hi, Blackmorning!

I have a question regarding a piece of code in your base script...

What is the purpose of these lines in your base script?

class Sprite_Character < Sprite_Base #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Alias: Location updates #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- alias :bm_base_up :update_position def update_position move_animation(@character.screen_x - x, @character.screen_y - y) bm_base_up end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Overwrite: Moving animation #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def move_animation(dx, dy) if @animation && @animation.position != 3 @ani_ox += dx @ani_oy += dy @ani_sprites.each do |sprite| sprite.x += dx sprite.y += dy end end endend
The only thing I noticed, that when the screen scrolls, so will the animations move with them, which will mess up the position of the animations quite badly.

Where can this be used in this form?

Or did you use this in another script?

Sorry, I am just curious, because none of your scripts I have seen uses this, and that makes me wonder why did you leave that piece of code there. :p

And thanks for the updates!
This has now been removed.  I think it was for something from a while ago that never got deal with.

see BM-Base version 1.16

blackmorning84

Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hi Blackmorning,

There seems to be an error with your status menu script:

http://i.imgur.com/m2swuVJ.png

It seems like the new version of the status menu has the line "#n = [n - 2.0, -0.01].min" commented out just a few lines before the error.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks for the update!

EDIT: The same error happens with the previous version of the status menu. Is it the Basic Module?
When does the error occur?  Is it only when looking at certain graphs (either states, elements or parameters)?

What exactly does line 745 in the script say?  With customization, line #s can change, so I wanna make sure I'm looking at the right part.

Reaction score
First Language
English
When does the error occur?  Is it only when looking at certain graphs (either states, elements or parameters)?

What exactly does line 745 in the script say?  With customization, line #s can change, so I wanna make sure I'm looking at the right part.
It looks like it happens when I go to Elements or States in the status menu. 

The exact line is: "n    = eval("@actor.#{chart}_rate(#{id})*100")"

EDIT: It seemed to magically fix itself. However it shows for all of the elements for resistances, "immune".

Reaction score
First Language
English
It's been a while.  Hope everyone had a happy holidays.  I'm updating the Advanced Equipso fix some issues found by iliad about the body image with the classes

UPDATE

Advanced Equip
Thanks for the update blackmorning! Hope you had great holidays as well..

Also any idea about my previous post?

The Status Menu has drawn every element as being Immune even though I haven't done any notetags or anything to make that happen.

blackmorning84

Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Advanced status gets a small update and an inscript clarification on the number style.  The chart can inverse the data so that elemental/state boosts can either go towards the outer edge or the center of the graph by changing the NUMBER_STYLE from 1 to 0.  

UPDATES
Advanced status

It looks like it happens when I go to Elements or States in the status menu. 

The exact line is: "n    = eval("@actor.#{chart}_rate(#{id})*100")"

EDIT: It seemed to magically fix itself. However it shows for all of the elements for resistances, "immune".
I can't really figure out what went wrong there.  Try re-downloading the script.  The update has nothing to do with this, but sometimes a fresh install can fix things.

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi,

I've got a question!

With the bust thing in the menu, could you provide an example of what the ID/name of the bust thing should be, if the base name of the actor is "Bob"?

- large portrait for actor if available # (found in \Portraits\actor.face_name-face-index)Bob-1, or something?(Also out of interest, could this be made compatible with Yanfly's Party-Sized Menu? (I wish to show 5 party members)

EDIT: Quick question. Your base script seems to change the colour of equipment names to orange. What part of the script is doing this, specifically? How can it be changed?

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The Status Menu has drawn every element as being Immune even though I haven't done any notetags or anything to make that happen.
You don't need to use any note-tags for that to happen.
Maybe you got an equip which resists all elements equipped?

Setting the element rate in the database to 0% for an actor/class/equip means that the actor/class/equip will be immune to that element. Check your database for these.

The script is working fine without any issues for me and I use quite a lot of other custom scripts as well.

Reaction score
First Language
English
You don't need to use any note-tags for that to happen.

Maybe you got an equip which resists all elements equipped?

Setting the element rate in the database to 0% for an actor/class/equip means that the actor/class/equip will be immune to that element. Check your database for these.

The script is working fine without any issues for me and I use quite a lot of other custom scripts as well.
I had armor on that gave me weakness to light and resistance to dark, but all the other elements were immune. (Light shouldn't have been immune nor the dark)

Also it's fixed, I just updated the script and it vanished.

blackmorning84

Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Noticed some issues with scripts that increasing/decreasing max battle party size (ie. Yanfly Party System), so I've fixed the Columns Menu and Shop so that they better adjust to increased party sizes without squishing the information

UPDATES
Columns Menu
Shop

Hi,

I've got a question!

With the bust thing in the menu, could you provide an example of what the ID/name of the bust thing should be, if the base name of the actor is "Bob"?

- large portrait for actor if available# (found in \Portraits\actor.face_name-face-index)Bob-1, or something?

(Also out of interest, could this be made compatible with Yanfly's Party-Sized Menu? (I wish to show 5 party members)

EDIT: Quick question. Your base script seems to change the colour of equipment names to orange. What part of the script is doing this, specifically? How can it be changed?
In regard to the portraits, they are based on the filename of the faceset that the actor is assigned (from the database or ingame). For example, if the faceset is called actor4.png and it's the 3rd face in, the filename for the portrait is called actor4-2.png
you count the faces from 0-3 for the top row, 4-7 for the bottom row.

As for the color of the equipment name in the help, find this line in BM-Base:

name = BM::HELP_DISPLAY[1] ? '\c[2]' + item.name + '\c[0]' : ""You could change the \c[2] to \c[0] to make it the default white.

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the update!

Something seems to have gone wrong, though:

I also have Neonblack's CP Battle System:
https://cphouseset.wordpress.com/scripts/cp_battleview_2/

When I have the base script enabled, it brings up this error whenever the first person in the party acts, or when the enemy acts:

If this could be fixed, that'd be great!
Thanks~

blackmorning84

Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the update!

Something seems to have gone wrong, though:

I also have Neonblack's CP Battle System:

https://cphouseset.wordpress.com/scripts/cp_battleview_2/

When I have the base script enabled, it brings up this error whenever the first person in the party acts, or when the enemy acts:

If this could be fixed, that'd be great!

Thanks~
Tidied up the code for BM-Base,   Changed some  bits that were causing some problems with other scripts.  This should fix that issue.

UPDATES

BM-Base

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can the Eternal Dreamers finish off the final boss? We'll see!
Fekken kill me. I unknowingly swapped out two important events's codes and saved the game to test it. I'm just doing this for fun and the fun has now been replaced with excruciating torture.
Is this how game developers feel all the time?

EDIT:
WAIT HOLY S***
MY LAST POST ASKING FOR HELP ON AN EVENT ACTUALLY SAVED IT
OH MY GOD
Coffee + Silk Coconut Milk + Splenda Zero = Not ..... awful :/ .
I was making a cutscene where Hero's dad got killed by the dragon but when he lose its say game over and send you to the tittle screen. How can remove game over for that cutscene
My new RPG Maker music pack, Emotional: Redemption, is now in progress and will be coming to RPG Maker soon. It is an album that focuses on emotional themes including the darker forms of sorrow and despair. Below is a demo of a composition from the album.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charles2020