CodeRad

Drawing Master AKA Buka Slayer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
C++
Primarily Uses
sooo pretty :o

I wish I could be as good. Very beautiful. 

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
A bit. I'm still unhappy about the hair and that the background doesn't really look like space at all though. XD

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Aw, that's too bad.  It makes for a really great snowy evening though! ^_^

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm not familiar with Rune Farctory's art style but I like the look of the character. I can never come up with costumes that are all complex like that.

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I agree with Sharm, the character's design is really nice. I especially love those cute little boots~

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's not easy for me to come up with complex designs either. Especially for men. That's why I adore the Rune Factory and the Tales of Designs ^^

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Last edited by a moderator:

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That type of animation is so work intensive that I think even if it was bad (which it's not) it would be an impressive addition to a game.

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
That's some really impressive work! The only thing that really sticks out is that the head appears to shrink a bit in the last few frames, but it still looks believable.

I agree with Sharm - I think if that style was consistently used in a game, it'd look great  :)

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Tried yet another style. I can't seem to find the style I'm most comfortable with -.-°

I'm trying to copy a few things from various speedpaints I saw, but I keep failing. Just how are all those great artists able to draw like this? It always looks so stupid when I try it...

DaveyAlpaca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You have the right idea when it comes to an Anime-like art style. My one complain on your latest painting will have to be the arms, I can't tell if they are present or not. At the same time, the shoulders of women are less stiff, here they are raised up, which makes her body shape sort of weird. Also, the ear's shading is sort weird too, her ear is covered by hair, yet the skin color of the ear isn't shaded or darkened but it. And this one is sorta a personal problem, but why are her shoulders and cheek showing a glistening of light as if they were oiled? I mean, I get it's Anime, but why? Real skin doesn't cause that sort of effect, unless it's oiled or wet. Again, that is just a personal thing that I've always hated on Animes, so you don't have to pay attention to it.

Over all it's good, I like the character design, the outfit is nice and it can allow viewers to make up stories from it, the hair is pretty good too, the shading on it is well done, and responsive to that of actual hair. The anatomy is sort of awkward, but it gets the message across. Good job.

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks for the feedback^^

About the anatomy: I didn't pay much attention to it this time, because I want to use this to practise various kind of coloring styles.

I like the character design, the outfit is nice and it can allow viewers to make up stories from it
Now that is interesting XD What do you think her backstory is? (PM me for that, please^^)

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Did something again. This time, it's a fake screenshot. I'm actually confident of how it turned out^^

And something more important: I think I finally have the coloring style I'm trying to do! Here it is^^:

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Did some fanart this time. It didn't turn out as good as I hoped. But maybe I shouldn't use my favorite fandoms for this ^^°

Feedback please^^

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The poses are drawn really well, but for some reason they look very stiff. Especially the red-head. I think it would convey the emotion better if their body had a bit more droopy, sad, sag going on. Like head dropping a bit, hair falling over their face some. The arms as well, the wrist/lower half of the arm bit feels off. I think it's too short compared to the upper half of the arm. The two halves of an arm are usually pretty similar in length and here the top half looks a lot longer.

The white-haired fellow looks fine, though the raised arm feels like it is coming out too high from their body.

Both of their legs look great!! ((Actually white-haired fellow's raised leg is my favourite part of the drawing) It's mostly just the arms that need a bit more working.

The shading is really nice especially on the red part of the clothes~ There's some attractive reds in there.

Overall, it's a nice picture - it could just use some more push in the emotions.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's probably your choice of keyframes, but animation is pretty tricky so the problem could be all sorts of things.  What's the FPS?

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't know, since I don't know what FPS is ^^°

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh, that makes a difference.  FPS stands for frames per second.  The lower the FPS, the more jerky the animation is going to feel but it needs less frames, the higher it is, the smoother it'll feel but it needs lots more frames.  Anime is usually done at 15 FPS and US animation is usually at 30 (warning, this information may be out of date).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly! Going to start with some Minecraft spriting, and might switch mid-stream. Depends~ Feel free to drop by!
MushroomCake28 wrote on Finnuval's profile.
Glad to see you're back! I was wondering what you've become! It's been a while since we spoke to each other!
zachb wrote on Human_Male's profile.
I know this was months ago, but I don't completely understand the lunatic states program (how you set it up). I just want to apply a stone state (and death) to a character after x amount of time. Can you show me an example of how to set it up?
Wish I could respond to @CraneSoft's latest profile post, but it does remind me. Anyone else out there who likes the Souls series not because of draconian git gud difficulty, but because of its melancholy atmosphere and various cool medieval equips?
I wish I had multiple displays!
one screen feels like using a small table, and the way i usually do things I have a lot of stuff open ...
So annoying !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
casterisque