Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As it's such a long time since the last post I don't think it counts as triple posting.

I'm not an artist, so can't give feedback.  I just stopped to say that possibly one reason why you're not getting feedback at the moment is because so many people are engrossed in IGMC that everything else gets put on the back burner.

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I guess I should wait until after the IGMC is over XD

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
And then expect a few days of exhausted collapse - at least, that's how it seemed to me last year.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I think you have way too much dithering.  I don't really like dithering though, I think it makes things look rough and messy.  In my opinion dithering should only be used for textures that are supposed to be rough and messy, like sand.  It looks really out of place with the hair.

The stars look good.

I don't personally like the single strand look for the highlight, but I suppose it could work as a style.  I think it would look better with a more connected shine.

The grass makes it obvious that you're trying to draw what it is instead of what it looks like.  It's a hard concept to get, I'll try to explain.  Pixel art is too small to draw reality, what you have to do is fool the eye into seeing what's not actually there.  You'll need to imply a lot.  So for grass you don't actually draw the blades, you draw the impression of blades.  Ah, I don't think I can explain.  Um.  Take a picture of grass and blur it (or look at it cross eyed).  Without the details, what is it about the picture that makes it still look like grass?  Where are the shadows?  Where are the highlights?

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I tried that and to be honest, all I see are dots XD I also found a good reference for textures so I tried to practice that a bit. Anything I need to improve?

It's a little messy though ^^°

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Would you like me to link to some of the tutorials I used when I was starting out?

You really need to improve your clusters but I suspect telling you that right now won't help very much.  I think what would be most useful for you right now trying to get good looking textures is to look at lots of pixel art that other people have made and see how they solved the same problems.  It's really hard to help you get better at pixel art when you bounce around from subject to subject like this.  I can't tell what sort of advice is working for you and what isn't.

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm sorry for that ^^° I just tried to follow your advice on the grass issue ^^°

Anyway, it would be really great to have some tutorials, so thanks in advance^^

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I can tell actually.  I'm sorry I forgot to say so.

Tutorials:

Pixel Joint's Creating PIxel Art Tutorial.  I've probably given this to you already.  This is a really great all around tutorial.

Les Forges Pixel Art Course  I didn't find it useful personally, but it goes at things a different way so it's good if you don't get something from a different tutorial.

So You Want To Be A Pixel Artist?  I learned sooooo much from this one!  HIGHLY recommended.

Walking animation for low-res sprites  This is just a tutorial about making walking sprites, but it's a really good tutorial.

Hmm, I've been at this too long.  Most of the tutorials I used don't exist anymore.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oooh, very nice!  Reminds me a little of CCS illustrations.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
your coloring is so cute ;w;....I wonder how ti this would look on my draw lol or I am curious to see my coloring on one of your draw xD

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
How about we do a little collab together? I'm not sure if you've heard of the switch around meme, but it's basically perfect for that. There should be three people to do that, but it also works with two.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
BlackRoseMii, on 14 Aug 2015 - 12:02 PM, said:
How about we do a little collab together? I'm not sure if you've heard of the switch around meme, but it's basically perfect for that. There should be three people to do that, but it also works with two.
OBVIOUSLY I know this 8D it's a super cool thing's to do > : 3 I am on it : D

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's been some time since I posted something here, but I'd really like to have some feedback on this one:

I'm actually really proud of it (not the background though). What do you guys think?

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I like the general aspect.

Although I'm certainly not an expert, when I look at her left leg, I wonder where the hip bone is. And it looks too long, but maybe it's just a perspective issue.

AceTheMad

Village Madman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Did some fanart this time. It didn't turn out as good as I hoped. But maybe I shouldn't use my favorite fandoms for this ^^°

Feedback please^^
What's this one of? Looks familiar...

As for your latest art, I think you are very talented. The background is my only problem...but, then again, it is to you, too! Lol! :p

I think that you are getting the anatomy of them down, so don't worry. I haven't...THAT'S ONE ARTIST YOU'RE BETTER THAN!!! ME!!! Lol!

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The fanart is from Tales of Zestiria. It's Rose and Dezel.

AceTheMad

Village Madman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
OH!!!! THE TALES SERIES!!! I KNEW IT!!! :D (Getting slightly off topic... :p )

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's been some time, but I got something done I'm actually proud at. It'd be great if I got some feedback, especially on the coloring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well, the Danganronpa games are the biggest disappointment I've had playing mystery games. I've never had so much BS shoveled down my throat. They're an insult to intelligence.
OMG! There's a rat themed Steam profile wallpaper for 5k lunar tokens. I want it so badly!
Huh, lots has changed since I've been away...
It's almost new year, again!
Succesfully finished a quest of saving my kitty who fell from a wall!

+25XP

MrKiwi leveled up!
MrKiwi learned how to save his kitty!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RezaMaulana98