Blacky's Art Collection

Square_art

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
BlackRoseMii, I love it. Looks great, especially colouring. Contrast looks just perfect to me. You have your style.

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Made something again:

I've also got a question about something I noticed while drawing this. Or rather, I'm having a problem I can't understand.
Whenever I see other peoples art I think: I want to draw like that! So I open up a new image and try to color like them. But it doesn't work. In the end, I go back to how I usually color and I'm actually okay with the result. Why? Can anyone explain this?

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Maybe for you doing other coloring styles does something similar to what turning an image upside down would do.  It lets you see the flaws you've become comfortable with and can't see in a normal situation.  Since your main goal in making art is to make something that looks good, you revert to the style you're comfortable with, the one you can't see the flaws in and can be happy with.  If you want to make learning your new main goal and get past it you'll have to be able to let yourself make ugly art.

BTW, I really like your coloring style.

Last edited by a moderator:

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That's a really beautiful picture~ The movement in the hair is especially nice.

Like Sharm said, your brain is likely just rejecting the strangeness of something different and something you aren't quite 'good' at yet, so it slips back into the happy comfort zone. You have to push back your brain's relationship with safety if you really want to experiment with new styles! It's going to be jarring and strange and get a lot of "nope' reactions from your guy - but just ignore that best you can. 

AudioFreak

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I really love the Ruby one.  I really like that anime, too. :)

Great work! Never stop until you drawing (which if you love it, it'll never end)!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Back after almost two years! O_O"
It's time to get back to my unfinished character sprite attempt AND JS/plugin making learning! :D
Hey guys how come my new plugin that I programmed so perfectly doesn't work? Oh wait.... I forgot to add it to my game's plugins. :kaoswt:
While I take a break from developing RPGs, I'm thinking of doing something I've never done before: actually playing an RPG released by someone else. Any suggestions?
Good lord this is taking forever, I'm not even out of the opening really and I've still got hours worth of work to do before I get to the main gameplay loop. Orphan of Time will probably be done some time next year, If I'm lucky.
Finally the new pc is working!! But it seems a lost my license to Windows 10 because of the hardware changing :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RosyNoodle