Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, you are really organized. Do you draw your own pictures for icons? It is looking unique and I see you pick the taller characters from the standard RPG Maker MV.
Yea the icons are custom, but I used a template as a basis before editing them myself:

Edit: @Kupotepo Also, the character sprites are not from RPG Maker at all. They are free assets from Liberated Pixel Cup and licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 & GPLv3.

There's also a buff version available at OpenGameArt.org (which I'll be using as a base for my Orcs)

Also found a sprite generator for these.

I'm using these due to LeCode's TBS having combat take place on the map instead of a battle scene so I needed 4 directional character sprites with attack animations. It required some editing (moving frames around) to make it work, but nothing too difficult.

Last edited:

huoixn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It looks great. I'm looking forward to it

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Out of combat: Cuts down certain obstacles. (this is basically HM01 in Pokemon)
That is funny, but it makes people understand quickly.

Let hope the dimensional gate is not popping again. I am just playing with you.

Do you think about the ice zombie?
So you think about the pit lord control Tetra?

Last edited:

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you think about the ice zombie?
So you think about the pit lord control Tetra?
Well if I can find a good sprite of an ice zombie...but right now I don't have such a sprite.
I'm going to have Tetra be controlled subtly at 1st, so she'll progressively struggle more and more trying to suppress the dark influence. The demon won't really be revealed as a character or big bad until after you defeat Tetra mid-game.

Kupotepo

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Frostorm, here is the zombies, but you have dye them blue.

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Frostorm, here is the zombies, but you have dye them blue.

Thx, but that wouldn't work. My sprites aren't very chibi...
1595098658195.png
1595098831043.png
1595099102686.png
Edit: These are all the enemy units I have implemented in the game so far. Idk if I should copy-paste these screenshots to the 1st post since it's such a mess lol.

I'm also thinking of going rendering in 3D to make 2D character sprites lol...

Last edited:

Kupotepo

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So are you think about the Tetra get corrupted blood?
Do you have a spectral tiger in your world?
Do you think about having resort areas for visitors?
Do you have deadly alien species?:cool:

Last edited:

Pootscooter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Mandarin
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So are you think about the Tetra get corrupted blood?
Do you have a spectral tiger in your world?
Do you think about having resort areas for visitors?
Do you have deadly alien species?:cool:
This guy is clearly trolling...

Anyways, @Frostorm do you plan on releasing a Demo anytime soon? I really wanna play with that skill tree of yours!:kaoluv:

Kupotepo

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Pootscooter, just really interested like you are interested. :kaojoy: read the previous comments of mine before the malious causation. Or am I taking this too seriously again? I do not know you well for me to get the feeling actually.:)

"In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts flame wars or intentionally upsets people on the Internet by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community."

@Frostorm, sorry, I forget that you are using the new addition to rpg maker mv: the tall character.
Anyway, how width and height of those tall characters? Maybe when I find something interesting I tell when I did the resources gathering.
I found the gaint spider, but I am not sure it will fit your w×h.

Last edited:

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Pootscooter I can maybe release something barebones, like a colosseum type map where you just fight enemies for combat testing (since you wanted to play with the skill tree). But probably not for another 2-3 weeks minimum... Damn, I need to browse this forum less and work on my project more lol.

@Kupotepo Oh thanks! I don't know how I missed that one. The spider is definitely usable.:kaothx:

Some sprites are 64x64 and some are 48x64, but I scale them larger a bit so 48x64 -> 60x80.

Edit: Arrg, the spider is 63pixels at its widest point...looks like I'm gonna have to edit all my other sprites to compensate.:kaosigh:

Maybe I'll just make them all 80x80 w/ transparent space on the sides...ez enuf.

Last edited:

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update:
  • Added "History of Lycanthropy"
  • Changed "Vathari" tribe -> "Sanguri" tribe
  • Changed "Moonwolf" clan -> "Moonclaw" clan
I'll be adding the "History of Vampirism" and sections on each of the 4 tribe/clans history as well (Lythari tribe, Sanguri tribe, Moonclaw clan, & Bloodfang clan) very soon.

Also, there will be a new main character/party member: The "Ancestor" or "Forgotten One" (tell me which name you prefer!) This character will be an ancient spirit bound to an old, deprecated blade (so not usable in combat), but he will act as a mentor figure in the game as well as offer a long-term crafting side-quest to restore the weapon to its former Legendary glory.

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"Forgotten One"
I prefer this one for the sole reason that he would definetly not like this and have a thing or two to say about it xD

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I prefer this one for the sole reason that he would definetly not like this and have a thing or two to say about it xD
Haha yea, especially if his character was prominent back in their day, which I think we can safely deduce is the case from the "former Legendary glory" bit lol.

Kupotepo

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
While they do have good relations with [Human Kingdom B]
In High Elven nation of Ainu'thalas section:
I think you missed one, but everything you have changed already. Great Job. I draw my map finished I show you on the PM.
I mean in the digital map. I am have done with the pencil and paper lol.

huoixn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can't use medicine for the current character, is there any solution?QQ图片20200907201004.png

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updated: Just put up some more simple screenshots. I took a month break from working on this lol, but now I'm back in it!

Pootscooter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Mandarin
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Frostorm I noticed in your sig that a good chunk of skills is completed, but this thread's 1st post only shows the Archery skills. Any chance you'll be updating it w/ the rest of them?

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd like people's opinion on something: Should I implement individual inventories? There are only 3 party members so there'd be 3 separate inventories. Since this is a grid-based tactical RPG, I thought it might be weird if our Heroes could use items from a shared inventory if they were far from each other on the map. Thoughts?

Oh, also I'll eventually get around to posting all the skills (they are 70% done) but it's quite tedious to type it all up. It'll get done sooner or later lol.

Edit: I'm looking for a different word that I can use to name the skill tree for the Werewolf skills. For reference, the Vampire tree is called "Hematurgy". I currently have the Werewolf tree named "Feral" but it looks awkward cuz the word is so short, especially compared to the length of all the other trees.

Last edited:

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update: This project is finally at a point where I can release a demo! But I'm kind of on the fence on how much content needs to be included in such a demo. Right now, combat works (a few minor bugs/kinks tho) as well as 95% of the UI. This includes the skill tree system, which includes the game's stat allocation system. However, I only have about 50% of all skills/spells implemented (total would be 210+ spells). Also, would 1 dungeon suffice for a demo, or shall I keep adding? Also, there are still quite a few placeholder spites...

So, should I release a Demo w/ less content sooner or one w/ more content later?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

People1.png & SF_People1.png added!!!!

Adventurer:
"Why your body looks like a bird?"

Stranger:
"Because I'm harpy"

Adventurer:
"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof"

*Both dancing to Pharrell Williams song*
Stream will be live shortly with a make-up session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Pootscooter wrote on Pharonix's profile.
Hey @Pharonix, just wondering what you're up to lately and if you've had an opportunity to check out the LTBS thread in the past few days...(a couple of us could really use your expertise). Hope you are well and Happy Thanksgiving!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zoetsoi