Finnuval

Old Raven following Rainbows
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
100% of your mechanics should be in there, they hower do not need to be fully fleshed out.
1 dungeon is enough for say a tech demo or early short demo. Placeholders arent as problem either.

However the 1 thing I will stress is this : make absolutely clear to anyone and everyone what they are getting. this is what often leads to a lot of hassle, devs not saying out loud it's a tech-demo, there are plenty of placeholders etc and what ppl will B*tch about as a result.

thats my two cents anyway :)

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm, do you think I need to have the intro & cutscenes done before releasing a Demo? Like what if it's just a dungeon and a sidequest or 2 and totally incoherent story-wise lol. This is what I get for spending 80% of my efforts on combat, theorycrafting, database, and UI lol. I would of course categorize it as just a "Tech Demo".

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hmm, do you think I need to have the intro & cutscenes done before releasing a Demo? Like what if it's just a dungeon and a sidequest or 2 and totally incoherent story-wise lol. This is what I get for spending 80% of my efforts on combat, theorycrafting, database, and UI lol. I would of course categorize it as just a "Tech Demo".
No it wouldn't need to have those aslong as you, as I said before, communicate this clearly to potential players.

That said, adding cutscenes and bits of story will definetly raise interest and positive feedback.
But being clear and transparant towards the player is the main take away here.

I had a demo for my current project M (not general releases bit several ppl played it) that was 10 minutes of tech demo and a sippit of story and it was vvery well received and i got very good andd useful feedback. Ofcourse, general releases work a bit differently but Just be clear as to what you are releasing.
So tech demo alpha build would be clear I think xD

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I just decided on a significant mechanic change. Instead of giving the deuteragonists the same customization freedom, they will be limited to 3 preset trees. However, the player will still be able to choose what individual skills they from those trees. Basically no more 3 blank slate characters lol. I don't know how I ever thought that might be a good idea...

Edit: Or maybe I should offer them 4 trees (out of 15) even though they would only have enough points to max out 3 trees by lv 50. So they could choose to spread the points across 4 trees to Tier 4 or get Tier 5 in 3 trees.

However, since they are no longer full blank slate units, their versatility diminishes, thus necessitating more party members that can be switched into their place. If I did this though, I'd probably include permadeath. <- No wait that should be an option lol. Anyways, it would mean more characters, which I fear would detract from the 1st 2 deuteragonists.

Wut do?:kaosigh:

Last edited:

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update: Installed new window skins and tweaked some colors/UI stuff.
1604743391203.png
1604743630885.png
1604743489984.png

I'm really liking this new window skin hehe. (got it from the RM store)
I'm still on the fence about the title font color though...
Intro/1st cutscene is done as well (but w/ 1 or 2 placeholder sprites).

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Title screen/font has to much red in my opinion.
Rest is good xD

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried matching the window skin lol. Ah didn't see your suggestion of blue/purple till just now. How's this though? Or should I try the colors you suggested?
1604745718944.png

dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried matching the window skin lol. Ah didn't see your suggestion of blue/purple till just now. How's this though? Or should I try the colors you suggested?
View attachment 166891
just to show the direction..

i used your image and put a dark blue near purple layer over everything (its at night)
1604745718944.png
the right top corner shows which color i used and it had 45%opacity

with using paint 3d

i think everything betwen 30 % and 45 % opacity would fit

edit
Of course in Your Version the Game name and the new game window should not be affected like it was on my example

edit 2
using an overlay was just the fasted way to show what is meaned.. of course it not a clean example^^
But if you choose to use an overlay make it more like 35 % the less the cleaner the image will stay..

Last edited:

Finnuval

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I would hue shift towards blue a bit more. Not overlay as that muddles the cleanliness of the pic but the color @Dopan suggest is a good starting point

The font color is fine though

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Copy-Pasted from the Element States Ideas thread (so I don't have to retype it lol)

Element State Effects (more elements WIP... ~66.67% done)
My Burn state is actually divided into 2 parts: Burning & Burnt. Burning causes DoT based on the caster's MAT and lasts 3 turns, but reapplications will add on to the turns remaining instead of resetting the turn count. When this state runs out of turns, the target is applied w/ the Burnt state, reducing healing received by 50% for 1 turn. In addition, Burning & Burnt reduces Frost dmg taken by 30% & 10% respectively. The Pyromancy tree also has Fire spells that take advantage of a Burning target. For example, Incinerate will consume a target's existing Burning state and add the DoT's damage to the spell. In addition, there are a few passives, which does the following:
  • Cauterization: (Passive) Reduces healing Burning and Burnt targets receive by 25% and 50% respectively.
  • Flammable: (Passive) Burning targets will also inflict Burning onto adjacent targets.
  • Overheat: (Passive) Increases the duration of your Burn effects by 1 turn.
  • Combustion: (Passive) Increases Fire damage targets take by 5% per turn of the Burning left.
    • (so if Burning has 3 turns left, the target will take +15% Fire dmg)
  • Pyromaniac: (Passive) Target is inflicted with Fear as long as there are at least 3 turns of Burning on the target.
My Paralysis state works kind of like Pokemon where the target has a 33% chance to be unable to act that turn. The Paralysis state lasts 3 turns. It also reduced Dodge(EVA) & Speed(LUK) by 25%. Critical Hits w/ Lightning spells on a target w/ Paralysis will also trigger the stun effect. There are a couple of skills/passives that help Lightning spells Crit.

My Chill effects are broken up into stages. Pretty much all Ice spells will inflict a Chill effect. If the target doesn't already have a chill effect then Chilled is applied. If that is already on the target, Frosty is applied instead. If that is already on the target, Frigid is applied instead. Finally, if that is already on the target, then the Frozen state is applied. Here's what they do:
  1. Chilled: -25% Speed(LUK), -10% Fire dmg taken, lasts 4 turns
  2. Frosty: -50% Speed(LUK), -20% Fire dmg taken, lasts 3 turns
  3. Frigid: -75% Speed(LUK), -30% Fire dmg taken, lasts 2 turns
  4. Frozen: -100% Speed(LUK), -40% Fire dmg taken, lasts 1 turn, cannot act
There are also a plethora of passives to pick up in the Cryomancy tree which will buff those 4 Chill states w/ various effects, such as...
1604785322702.png

1604785445767.png

1604785474793.png
1604785503580.png

Btw, Speed is a very valuable stat in my game. It not only dictates turn order, but also how far you can move as well as the amount of TP you start w/ at the beginning of battle. It also increases EVA.

Edit: Oh right, there's also the Damp state if a target which can be inflicted by using Water spells or melting Frozen targets w/ Fire. Damp increases Frost & Shock damage by 30% but also increases the effectiveness of Water-based healing spells by 30%.

There's other effects/states of the other elements too, but I'm tired of typing now lol...

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan the color saturation is a bit to much though for the title scene.

@Frostorm if you want to match the title name on the back ground, use the
back ground color in between the letters or a unique shape overlay.
which is simple and effective (if you know what I mean) which will match better.

Also I'm looking forward to the demo of it, it looking nice.

dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan the color saturation is a bit to much though for the title scene.
This image is allready changed^^ i made several edits for Frostorm but we will see which one he will take

Last edited:

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does the idea of a Viking-esque Orc sound weird, or perhaps just lazy? lol...

This is just a random blurb of a thought...well I'm really trying to imagine their culture and thus architecture, which directly affects my mapping decisions.:kaoswt2:
1605268843296.png
Notice the little roof decorations lol...tileset mish-mashing ftw! Basically, can you imagine an Orc living here?

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does the idea of a Viking-esque Orc sound weird, or perhaps just lazy? lol...

This is just a random blurb of a thought...well I'm really trying to imagine their culture and thus architecture, which directly affects my mapping decisions.:kaoswt2:
View attachment 167699
Notice the little roof decorations lol...tileset mish-mashing ftw! Basically, can you imagine an Orc living here?
I think stone-based environment is more fitting for orcs, but this is good too.
He seems more like an outcast orc who doesn't
conform to his stone-based culture.
Maybe this architecture is fitting for the misc. orc clans that enjoy hunting. :D

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think stone-based environment is more fitting for orcs, but this is good too.
He seems more like an outcast orc who doesn't
conform to his stone-based culture.
Maybe this architecture is fitting for the misc. orc clans that enjoy hunting. :D
Haha yea, too bad I couldn't find any such tileset, at least ones that don't look like Human castles lol. This was the best I could come up w/. :kaosigh:

If you know any fitting tilesets that go well FSM, lemme know!

dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ Frostorm
I dont know what FSM means but i found a tropical Set , where a few things could fit for an Orc

(also i am not sure if the Sizes fit)

---
I am currently looking for others that could fit , perhaps ill post some others later

Edit
(didnt check any sizes)

Ok here what else i found:

this has a nice Swamp Treehouse:

--
this is other house Styles:
--
Well in case you would use undergroung basements like a cave or castle aswell here 2 other options:
-
-

Last edited:

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Guys, I need your opinion on 2 matters:
  • Should "Blunt" damage be called "Crush" instead or remain as is?
  • I feel like changing the village's name, what should it be?
    • Thalore'mar
    • Nos'Votar
    • Bos'dorak
    • or don't change it?
Update! New logo & banner!
1605572076265.png

Edit: Since it hasn't been 72hrs, I didn't want to make a new post. But anyway, I found these lovely Orc-ish assets by @Candacis. They're for VX/Ace so that's why I didn't notice them sooner, but I formatted it to work for MV/MZ.

Anyway, I was wondering, which of these scream "Bloodfang" to you?
1605661774949.png
I'll also have to find/make a similar banner for the "Moonclaw" Orcs too.

Also, which Orc tent better matches the village's color scheme?
1605667997508.png

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hello again, guys! Today, I come to you with not one, not two, but THREE new emotion busts for Ramona!
RAng2FPS.gifRAng5FPS.gif
Anger

RWin2FPS.gifRWin5FPS.gif
Wink

RCry2FPS.gifRCry5FPS.gif
Crying
Feels like I've been butting heads with people more often, especially on here. Hoping I'm not being unreasonable, I've been trying to be more honest about how I'm feeling.
SF_People2.png added!
index.php

I wrote a script everything worked fine until IDs and Names weren't being stored/called proper.. Turns out I used ' j ' instead of ' i ' for grabbing array element. 2 days of bug testing and rewriting to overlook a single little letter. I'm changing my default loop variables. Any recommendations? Maybe n & m? Kidding lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warmthofwinter