Bleeding Knife

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Abdulla Al-Farsi, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Abdulla Al-Farsi

Abdulla Al-Farsi Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    Arabic

Thanks for ur suggestions and I'll do it when l come back from the work. After three days. I hope so. :)

2. KayZaman

KayZaman Brother-Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English & Malay
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Aaarrgh!!! I read the door!!! 

Abdulla Al-Farsi likes this.
  3. Abdulla Al-Farsi

First Language:
    Arabic
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2016
    Marquise* likes this.
  4. JeffPAWA

JeffPAWA Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Yay a horror game!! will play will play will play...since when do i like these....i wonder...

Abdulla Al-Farsi and Marquise* like this.
  5. Abdulla Al-Farsi

First Language:
    Arabic

Can't wait too read your comments XD!!!

6. JeffPAWA

JeffPAWA Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    I'm actually legit stuck on the statue puzzle... I don't feel very smart right now but i've been on it for 1h now...got some clues for me to help with the record please? thanks :D

7. eadgear

eadgear Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    It's very interesting and the map is gore enough to make a thrilling feeling. I hope someone chases you here.

8. KayZaman

KayZaman Brother-Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English & Malay
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey, dude! I managed to play your game but suddenly....

ram.png

I ended up where I exit to outside after received a storekey.. Maybe the fog slow my performance. I used 2GB RAM, Intel Atom Bay Trail and Intel HD Graphic 5000

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2016
  9. bustedradio

bustedradio sports anime trash Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hello! I played the demo, but didn't finish it. I'm currently stuck at the first save point where you have to get the first half of a key. I do have some criticism. I'm a visual leaner, so I have screen shots to go with my comments.

Image Album.

As you can tell, I'm most critical of the writing. I know you're not a native speaker, so it's tough on you. 

Right now, a lot of you English is overly formal. As a result, everything too stiff. Odaid has very little to no personality from what I've read so far. Is he hot headed and quick to act? Is he more calm and analytic? Is he happy and go-lucky, even though he's in jail? Is he aloof and quiet? Does he easily trust others? Has he seen a dead body before? If this is his first time seeing a gruesome death, would he vomit? Would he panic? Would he scream? Would he get a flashback from his past?

When you write dialogue or scenes, really think about what you want to convey about Odaid's personality or backstory. I hope that helps!

10. JeffPAWA

JeffPAWA Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Hi it's me again, So I've finished the video but I had a hard time with it. Since it crashed a few times on me (3 times) a lot of my video files were corrupted and unusable. So I've patched things up and it works, it's a bit "buggy" but it works and I'm not redoing it so meh!

here

As for my comments, well the premise is nice it's establishing the horror aspect right away and the ambience is well done with the blood and the bodies and all, that's good!

I do have a problem with your save mechanic, I don't understand why it needs to be in ONE spot, because there's a lot of sudden death, and it makes it annoying to redo everything all the time because you want to experiment on the many different deaths available, which let's admit is kind of the point in these games. Don't get me wrong, I understand it's to build tension, but it kind of takes away the fun of exploring and pressing everything to see if i'll suddenly explode in gibs or somehing.

Also, I've found the "death" sound effects, let's say, a little too much, and it kind of takes away the horror at this point. A well placed sound I beieve would be much scarier that 5 consecutive scream/cry/laugh/crash/other, in my opinion at least.

finaly I got stuck cause i'm dumb and it sucks balls....like...big ones...(if someone figures it out plz tell me kthxbye)

I think it sums it up, you've got a good game in the oven right now, and if you tweek it a bit you'll get something amazing!

Have a good one!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2016
  11. Mimic Kairatta

Mimic Kairatta Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Woah, over 600 megabytes? Is it really suppose to be that big?

12. Abdulla Al-Farsi

First Language:
    Arabic
    I never thought that you will play it and I'm still working on it to finish this project.

The statue says "L.M.N.O.P"...

Then, you will see note: 

180 degree

90 degree clockwise 

90 degree anticlockwise 

360 degree 

Flip vertically

If you take the first letter "L" and rotate it 180 degree = 7

And do the same for the all letters you will get the code.

13. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    @JeffPAWANow you have your answer.   Still, 4 statues and 5 act...  Nah I would never guess especially the work thingy.

14. Abdulla Al-Farsi

First Language:
    Arabic

@eadgear Thank you very much :)  Hope u have good time with the game...

@KayZaman Hmm... I think you need more than 2GB RAM to run the game :(  ... Thank you dear for trying it.

@bustedradio You comment is absolutely HELPFUL!!!! I really love it!! Thanks from the bottom of my heart. :)  I do appreciate your interest in my game. You change my style of writing scenes and dialog. Also, the prison is only the introduction of the game, but I think I really need to say more about Obaid personality. Wait me to finish my next chapter of the game. You'll like it :)  .

@JeffPAWA I watched the video and I really thank you for recording my game. It was so beautiful to me. 

I will do something about the Save Points and fix it. I understand what do you mean and as you said, it's annoying to redo everything again and again. Also, I will fix the game over's sounds and reduce them. I really enjoyed watching you play. Much appreciate it.

I gave you the solution of the puzzle, but if you didn't understand it, this is the code "73206"

Thanks a lot...

@Marquise* Thanks dear for your interest in my game. :)  Hope you like it.

15. Lymmet

Lymmet the Oddborne Veteran

First Language:
    Norwegian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Cool, haven't seen much horror games in MV yet. Gonna check this out!

16. Abdulla Al-Farsi

First Language:
    Arabic

Can't wait your comments XD

17. Nate-Nite

Nate-Nite Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I really like the atmosphere of the game, but it does reel really square, specifically the environments, don't know if that was intentional or not. The two honest problems I have is the instant deaths that don't seem to come out of nowhere (in the second area, the instant death I completely missed because I hit enter twice, thinking it was just another observation and died) but that might be me, and there are some hit issues. There was one place I walked over a table (I think it was a table) and the bathroom has weird hit boxes, it feels like, specifically for the toilets...

All in all, I love the atmosphere and hope to play it again soon (and hopefully not die). Maybe, since it's the first area, having a save point earlier or a skip option since all my deaths so far have been before the save point? Just a thought, but none of that made me enjoy the game any less. Great job!