Bleeding Moons (demo available)

Discussion in 'Commercial Games' started by cabfe, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Kyuukon

Kyuukon 主人公 Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  2. cabfe

cabfe Cool Cat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    There are actually two things I don't like about photobucket.

(On my computer, at least) it takes more time to load their site rather than the image, whereas Imgur displays the image and just that.

Second, if I want to save the picture, I have to use the button to view in full size, or else the saved imaged is corrupted. Maybe it's only with my config, but it's a little tiresome.

I've had none of those issues with Imgur, so I'll stay there for the moment ;)

3. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    Ack! Image shack did their very own publicity. :( ( (Hope this never happens on some site I like to use!)

4. cabfe

cabfe Cool Cat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hello everybody!

Bleeding Moons is closer each day to its release. I have finished manually translating the 174,000+ words from the original French into English. As you're reading this, the English version is currently in the hands of a native American English speaker who will help me by reviewing and fixing it so that you'll have a much more natural sounding English from day 1.

I'm now working on the trailer, which will also be a first for me! The prototype is looking good so far.

No new screenshot of the game this time, but instead let me show you some cute artwork of the main characters, drawn by Melaniipon (aka Strawfairy StrawberrySmiles on this forum):

River:
    [​IMG]

Luna:
    [​IMG]

Sélène:
    [​IMG]

Ian:
    [​IMG]

No ETA for the release yet, although at this rate I think early 2016 to be the most likely. There are a few things to do in addition to the game, such as the text revision and the trailer (both in progress), setting up a website for the game and finding a publisher to handle the marketing side.
    I will also put Bleeding Moons under the Greenlight process when the new demo for the final game is ready.

In any case, I'll keep you informed on the matter.

Stay tuned!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2015
    Marquise*, slimmmeiske2 and RitoJS like this.
  5. Marquise*

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    Ian will have a lot on his hands! :)

cabfe likes this.
  6. cabfe

cabfe Cool Cat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    It's alive!

The game is done and playable from start to end(s).

It is now in the polishing room, especially for the English text which has been entirely revised.

It's a major undertaking considering that the whole game script has 175,000 words, but it's worth the wait. This sounds much better and natural now!

Freank likes this.
  7. shayoko

shayoko Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    That's Great news! because it's so common in the community i was losing faith this would ever see completion. Great job!

i look forward to the release and while i can't help with translating. I've helped a lot of people improve English dialog in their games so if needed i can do that.

cabfe likes this.
  8. cabfe

cabfe Cool Cat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hello everybody!

First, I want to apologize. It's been such a long time since last update, sorry (-_-);

As December is coming, I have to tell the bad news: Bleeding Moons will not be released this year...
    Several times I hoped it would be done, but there always was something in the way.
    Not major issues, the game is all right, but if I want to seduce a publisher, I need to have the most complete and perfect game possible, including peripheral assets. After all, they don't know me and I can't show them an "almost done" product.

Now, what happened during those past months?
    First, the rewritting of the English text for the complete game is done.
    It took a lot of time to fix my broken English but, at last, you will be able to play with decent English on screen.
    All this work has been made by a native American and I made sure that the rewritten sentences kept the same meaning as the original version.
    Since most people in the world will play Bleeding Moons in English, it has to shine!

Second, there are now illustrations added to some of the cutscenes. One of them can be seen in the (upcoming) new demo, when the children Ian and River meet for the first time:

[​IMG]

The full game includes more illustrations, of course, but since they would be spoilers I can only show you this one:

[​IMG]

Once unlocked, the full-sized images become available in the game's directory.

What do I need now before releasing the full game?
    The key illustration for the game is currently underway. The sketch is already looking great!
    The trailer for the game is done (more about it later) and the website to showcase the game is under construction.
    But more importantly, once everything is ready I can contact a publisher to handle the marketing side of Bleeding Moons.
    I have a few leads but it's too early to say anything right now.

In the meantime, I continued to work on making games and I can say that my next game's story is completely written.
    Production has already started, I'm currently drawing the maps.
    This new game (with no definitive title yet) will be a Visual Novel in its gameplay, set in the same world and at the same time as Bleeding Moons. It is an independent story but will bring a new light on shared events.
    And it will be free, because I wanted to give you something in exchange for your continued support all this time.

Thank you again.

You can only take my words for now, but all the people who playtested Bleeding Moons were very positive about it!

Cabfe

Matseb2611 and Kyuukon like this.
  9. shayoko

shayoko Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    No need to apologize and it's always better late then never. never is sad :(

if it's just late theirs still hope for the future!

cabfe likes this.
  10. cabfe

cabfe Cool Cat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Better than a thousand words...
    [​IMG]

Well, I'll still add a few words anyway.

Yes, Bleeding Moons is done and will be released this year!

I have contacted a publisher I'd really like to work with and now I am waiting for their answer.
    This might take a while. Several weeks is not an uncommon waiting time, or so I've heard.

In the meantime, have a look at the trailer for Bleeding Moons.

I'll release an updated demo soon, after I have news from my potential publisher in case they want to change some things first.

Thank you for your patience. It took a bit longer than expected to get to this point, but it'll be worth the wait. Mark my words!

11. Marquise*

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    OMG! You've been working on it since so long! So, now the B-Day for real?

cabfe likes this.
  12. Kyuukon

Kyuukon 主人公 Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Can't wait :)

cabfe and Marquise* like this.
  13. cabfe

cabfe Cool Cat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    It's now live: Bleeding Moons will be published by Phoenix Online Publishing in the second half of 2018!

Already well known by Adventure games fans (Cognition, The Last Door, Gabriel Knight 20th Anniversary...), Phoenix Online Publishing will help me prepare Bleeding Moons to enter the new world of commercial projects.

It's the beginning of a new journey, an exciting one!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  14. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @cabfe Can you please update the original post with the price of the game? Thanks.

Marquise* likes this.
  15. cabfe

cabfe Cool Cat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @mlogan: Price and exact release date haven't been decided yet.

Marquise* likes this.
  16. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay, I'm not entirely sure why we moved it to commercial then, if it's not going to be available for sale for a while. But since we have, can you please post in the original post that price and release date are to be determined? That way, people browsing the section won't have to scroll through 7 pages of replies to find that out? Thanks.

cabfe likes this.
  17. cabfe

cabfe Cool Cat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @mlogan I've added this information in the first post. Thank you for telling!
    It shouldn't take long before I can have the specifics.

Marquise* and mlogan like this.
  18. Marquise*

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    Great news @cabfe Congratulations! ^^

cabfe likes this.
  19. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey, that's awesome. Glad you got it all sorted out and found a good publisher. Hopefully will be seeing it in stores soon. Been ages since I tried out that full beta version. I wonder if anything's changed since then.

cabfe likes this.
  20. cabfe

cabfe Cool Cat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    There's been a bit more polishing done but most of the time was waiting for the key illustration to be done.
    I did use that time to work on something else but that's a secret. Hopefully not for long :)

Matseb2611 and Marquise* like this.