Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Blessed Relic Chronis Cover.jpg

Game Genre: Visual Novel/Mystery

Artemis a struggling writer who is trying get his work published. On July 7, 1947, he finds a mysterious pocket watch on his porch. He thinks nothing of it until something happens to his neighbor and all of a sudden time has restarted to when he woke up. Can Artemis find out the source of the time loop and figure out how to break it?

This game was made using RPG Maker MV. It's visual novel/mystery with light horror elements. There is a large focus on the story and the gameplay isn't as integral but there are a few puzzles to spice up the gameplay. The time loop mechanic will allow you to interact with the game differently or do things in a different order with each sequential loop. It will take roughly about 15 minutes to complete the game.

This game was made for the Indiepocalypse Issue # 17: https://itch.io/jam/indiepocalypse-issue-17-paying-anthology

Artemis.png
Artemis: He is the main character of Blessed Relic Chronis. He is calm and serious person, who thinks before he acts. He loves to write stories however, he sometimes forgets to appreciate the smaller things in life.

Melody.png
Melody: She is a supporting character and the upstairs neighbor of Artemis. She is a very upbeat and generally a friendly individual. However, whenever someone needs helps them without hesitation.

Screen 1.PNG

Screen 2.PNG
Screen 3.PNG

Here's a link to the game: https://kazuki-t126.itch.io/blessed-relic-chronis

Last edited:

teleshock_p

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
All of your custom artwork is very cool! The custom animations like reading the newspaper are very nice details.

Good use of music and sound effects to match the tone of what's happening from moment to moment as well. I really liked how the music becomes very upbeat when you escape from the window with Melody, it matched her mood at that moment very well.

Trying to figure out what was happening storywise was also interesting. Also, despite time travelling stuff often being quite complicated it was always clear to me as a player what I was supposed to do next.

And I was wondering is there a particular meaning behind Artemis his left eye turning a different color after meeting a certain character?

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
All of your custom artwork is very cool! The custom animations like reading the newspaper are very nice details.

Good use of music and sound effects to match the tone of what's happening from moment to moment as well. I really liked how the music becomes very upbeat when you escape from the window with Melody, it matched her mood at that moment very well.

Trying to figure out what was happening storywise was also interesting. Also, despite time travelling stuff often being quite complicated it was always clear to me as a player what I was supposed to do next.

And I was wondering is there a particular meaning behind Artemis his left eye turning a different color after meeting a certain character?
That was intentional.
Basically, he bound his soul to that Blessed Relic (the pocket watch) so that visually indicates to the player.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

…I think I might need to switch from standard ATK/DEF up/down buffs to parameter altering states. I just had an actor whose usual attack against an enemy does ~25 do a buffed attack against a debuffed enemy for ~600…
just saw that titan quest is free on steam until the 23rd
Zombie status is now complete. I didn't have to do much in the way of changing how healing is applied to undead targets, was just a simple 3 line code. I thought I had to overhaul Game_Action lol. Everything else was doable by events. So.. Zombie: You turn undead. Your element changes to darkness. You're weak to light, you're strong to physical attacks and healing hurts you and revival items will kill you.
My Overworld might be a mix of inspiration from 2D Final Fantasy games, Breath of Fire, Battlechasers: Nightwar, Super Mario World, and Pillars of Eternity. If I can make it more in-depth than just walking from point A to point B, that might do a lot for the gameplay experience. Hmm...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RiyuDayo