King David

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Apologies find threads on blinking but not covering this;
Simple blinks a few time event when triggered, works when I set "Wait for Completion" to work but not otherwise;
I would like the character to keep moving.

I am using a very simple Movement Route with Transparent Turned On and Off for the event;

Can any help please?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
show a screenshot of the move route to even tell what you're writing about, there are several different effects that could be called "blinking", and we need to see what you've done so far to find any mistakes.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think you messed up a lot of things because you don't understand how the engine works.
If that moveroute doesn't work with wait, that means that you have the next page with another set move route there that deletes this move route.

each event can have only a single move route at the same time. issuing another move route to it while the first one is still active will delete the first move route, you can neve have two move routes on the same event active at the same time.

Please take three steps back and tell us what the effect is that you want the player to see. Only then we can tell you how to do it correctly.
because if you're trying what I guess you're doing, then there are a lot more things wrong here - for example the autorun if you're trying to make a cutscene, splitting commands over multiple event pages and more.

King David

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would like the player to touch one tileset/event and to flick the picture (as the one in the event on the tileset not a seperate picture on scnreen) on and off about 5 times before disappearing, one time only event and during gameplay so why I do not want it to lock up the player. If these miss it they miss it.

King David

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I have one event that runs on player touch that turns on a switch; then uses a self switch to turn off to ensure it can only be used once;
Thought that would then run this event (which it seems to when I have character wait on); as it is set to run with the switch on; then to turn the self switch on so it can only trigger once.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would like the player to touch one tileset/event and to flick the picture (as the one in the event on the tileset not a seperate picture on scnreen) on and off about 5 times before disappearing, one time only event and during gameplay so why I do not want it to lock up the player. If these miss it they miss it.
as I thought - you have no idea how the engine works.
that the player is locked is because you made the event an autorun - which is absolutely NOT neccessary. In fact, the entire event sequence is completely wrong for what you want.

1) delete all commands in the event as well as the second page if that page is just empty. all you need for the event is the empty placeholder with the sprite.
the key is the other event
So I have one event that runs on player touch that turns on a switch; then uses a self switch to turn off to ensure it can only be used once;
place the set move route command into the event that has player touch, but target it on the event that has the sprite.
you know, the drop-down list top left that defaults to "this event" that can be changed to give commands to other events? THAT is what you need to get the cat-event blinking once.
Just give the command from the event that the player triggers - no autorun at all. And no parallel either.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
To be honest I didn't quite understand what you really want to do, but it seems to me that your problem is the interval.
Waiting for 20 frames will only increase the interval between "transparent" and "visible":
Code:
◆Set Movement Route:Dog (Wait)
:                  :◇Move Down
:                  :◇Transparent OFF
:                  :◇Transparent ON

If I need to shorten the interval I would create the same graphic as the NPC character and remove his "static" pose.
On the second page activated by the Switch (different from Self-Switch) I would place the entire graphic.
$-Shadown_Cat.png
Code:
◆Set Movement Route:Dog (Wait)
◆Control Switches:#0010 Cat-Normal = ON

Last edited:

King David

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The solution given worked it out thank you;
Moved to the start event and removed any "switch" (self switches work) off command under and works perfectly now.
Only issue is a better way to switch of the switch that is used to first make the cat appear rather then putting a switch off on the door out?
1620151362346.png

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

@King David , please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What does switch 4 do?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Screenshot-2021-05-02-at-15-07-54.png

Tivadar will help you travel to distant places in Eniko: Ghosts Of Grace

Finally done with the school project, here's the raw video of it. o_O :smile:
Can February March? No, but April May.
Alisa: Prophecy of the Falling Stars. Join Alisa, a quiet girl with a heart filled with love and hope, on her journey to prevent a calamity. My next RPG Maker music pack is my largest and most focused pack yet. It's a musical story that focuses on a young heroine named Alisa who has been assigned the ultimate task to prevent a calamity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Parkji