It is a dark time for Tiriya. The DeLancy family, the once prosperous rulers of the land, have fallen to the forces of Valburn, the powerful neighbouring kingdom to the north. Their Lawkeepers run amok, culling the strong allies of the DeLancy's, and establishing complete control over their lands. Religious zealots, sworn to the Vrahl, condemn non-believers and sinners to death. Valburn's word is law. Vrahl doppelgängers, powerful Gods masquerading as monsters, roam the wilderness. In return for the faith of the populous, they provide their mystical powers and knowledge to further advance an industrial revolution across Tiriya. Times are changing. Valburn have control.
A small resistance group led by the believed-dead prince of Rosedell, Drake DeLancy, begin preparations for a coup d'etat. Their aim is to hijack the flagship of Valburn - the Dreadnought, where the High Courts and their King reside, and place Lawrence DeLancy back upon the throne. Yet, as their plans come to a beginning, whispers of an ancient magical force - the Blood Shard - come into play. What follows are countless betrayals, faces from the past, and a dark, shadowy figure who appears to have knowledge of everything that has occurred, from the war to the upcoming coup d'etat. Is he working with Valburn? Is he working with the Vrahl? And more importantly, what does he want with the Blood Shard?
Once the heir to the throne of Rosedell, King Lawrence's eldest son Drake DeLancy faked his death after a brutal battle that resulted in his mother's early demise. Drifting quietly from town to town, he finally found a place to rest in Northhurst Woods, where he and a few trusted others formed the Resistance, a growing group of rebels keen to see an end to Valburn rule.
His bold personality and often inappropriate charm have allowed him to become a strong leader, yet behind all of his seductive and brash nature, something has always been amiss. He constantly reflects on the battle that killed his mother, and yearns to be a part of the family he abandoned. Yet, on top of all of that, he hopes for a brighter future, one with Valburn's iron grip vanquished.
He seems to share a strange connection with the rival kingdom's elite general, Miranda Rosetto, yet not even his trusted confidantes have been able to pry any information from him.
Orphaned at birth and thrown from family to family, Saffron Sawyer grew up in Valburn as the factories did. With nowhere to go, or no family she knew of, in her early teens she was taken in by a powerful merchant of Iba, and forced to work in the city's brothels and narcotic dens. As she grew through her teens, her talents as a courtesan and call girl were renowned throughout the city of Iba. After the war ended, she received a mysterious invitation to meet the leader of the rebellion, Drake DeLancy.
The results of their meeting remain a secret between both of them, but since finding Drake she has lived with and served the Resistance for some time. Often quarrelling with Drake over insignificant details, their relationship is complex at best, but most know that they both hold each other in high esteem and trust.
Riffolk serves as the King's Protector of Arcontana, the last free kingdom of Tiriya. He also acts the primary liaison between Drake and other leaders, in an effort to preserve his anonymity. While his allegiance lies with Arcontana and the Resistance, Riffolk was once trained by the now High Lawkeeper of Valburn, Albert Damalu, far before the war broke out. He wishes to meet his former master in battle one day, but is torn as to how he should further his fate.
He is constantly the voice of reason in the Resistance, talking Drake out of many plans. In an earlier attack, their group ruptured a pipe line in a once beautiful forest, the Breywood. Poisonous gas spewed from the leak, and has since left the woodland crawling with all manner of deformed monstrosities. Not only that, but the attack killed several of his own men. Living in the constant shadow of his mistake has taught him one thing - that confrontation can only be a last resort.
Cyril was born the son of a clockmaker in Arcontana, before being kicked out to the streets and joining the ranks of their military forces. There, he met Riffolk, and through Riffolk he eventually met Drake as the war ended. Considered a best friend and crucial element of the Resistance by Drake, Cyril is often the lead member of any of their operations. Their latest mission - acquiring the blueprints of the Dreadnought however, has proved to be something of a titanic struggle.
Although he remains quiet about it, it is a well known fact that he and Alice were once close. As far as he and the population of Tiriya are aware however, Alice has been missing since the attack on Esterwyn Castle.
(there are like three more characters, but these are the only ones you'll be controlling in the demo)
- An intriguing storyline with political and religious mystery.
- Interesting, challenging battles. TP has been replaced with VP, a currency you can increase via your 'Vigor' command. Attacking uses all your VP, but the amount of VP you had is added as a bonus. Be wary though, enemies can do the same, and suffering from damage will cause your character to lose all of their VP.
- Exploration. Random battles have been removed. All battles that aren't story-related will be completely optional.
- Puzzles. Each dungeon will have a puzzle of varying difficulty.
- Interactive environments. Chop down thick brushes with your sword, swing across chasms with your rope.
- An in-depth skill system, focusing on specific traits of each character. (still to be added, awaiting finished script.)
- An almost full soundtrack. At least half of the demo songs are my own. You can check my resource thread to see which ones are mine. By the time this project's complete, I'm aiming for a fully custom soundtrack.
- Custom character artwork, provided by the wonderful Emmych.
Remember to install all fonts found within the extracted folder. You'll get cut-off dialogue otherwise.
Download the demo here. You'll need the RTP to play it. I'm aiming to upload a version with the RTP soon, but the internet here is pretty brutal. It'll be done though!
Graphics - tilesets, sprites, etc.
- Fire Emblem 10
- Victor Sant
- Inon Zur
- TES: Oblivion
- Fire Emblem 10
- Square Enix
Tips & Tricks
- Remember to talk to all the guards in Arcontana.
- It might seem like you're being ganged up on, but you have the resources in every fight to cripple your enemy. Make liberal use of your Forte skills and the stat debuffing/buffing items and you'll have no problem.
- The first puzzle might require some memory work. Why not break out a pen and paper, just like old times?
- Vrahl doppelgängers cannot be killed by normal means. Study their info with a Gigas Eye to try and figure out how to force out their Vrahl counterpart.
- If you feel like you're not doing enough damage, do remember you have a VP bonus bar - if used correctly, it could mean an easy kill for the strongest of foes. Use 'vigor' and lure the caster from enemy harm. There're lots of ways to do it, and it certainly helps if you do.
- Demo length is roughly forty minutes to one hour.
- EXP and skill learning (bar two in Arcontana) have been removed for this release. I'm currently waiting on a script to be commissioned that will see me implementing these things. The demo's still totally doable without levels, as enemies have been scaled fairly to compensate.
- Please remember to install the fonts! Your game will look all wonky without them.
- There are no in-game tutorials, but the controls are almost identical to every RM game you've ever played, and most battle skills have handy tips letting you know what they do.
Last edited by a moderator: