DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
Downloading the Demo now.

About the RTP just have them download it separately. If need be give them the rtp link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quigon

electric boogaloo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Downloading the Dom now.

About the RTP just have them download it separately. If need be give them the rtp link.
Enjoy!

And yeah, I'll probably just do that. But now, I shall sleep. And hopefully not wake up to a wealth of bug reports >.<

Choco-Elliot Wyvern

Numbah 1 Konata Izumi fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chocobo
Primarily Uses
Busy Downloading ^.^

Been looking forward to this for a while :D

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I just played it and wow, I'm intrigued by the story :3 Looking forward to see it all unravel.

Some comments and small bugs:

• I know you've said it already, but there really should be a battle tutorial. (An optional one I suppose) I was a little confused by it at first and only started to get how it worked after the Interceptor battle (which is the one I found the most difficult >.>). I had to try five times to beat that thing. Also, the first battle is a lot harder than the other battles that follow for one reason or another. I'm not saying it's too difficult, I just found the level of difference between the first and the second battle pretty remarkable.
  • I didn't even notice how to do the last puzzle. I figured it was a pull and push one so I had randomly clicked on those statues and then the door sprung open. After having to do that puzzle again ('cause I lost to the Vrahl), I noticed what it actually was ^^;
  • The RGSS3 player stopped working before my Vrahl battle once, when I restarted the game I didn't have the issue anymore. I honestly have no idea if it was just my laptop acting all weird or if that's supposed to be the game's fault. Probably the former, but I figured I'd mention it ^^;
  • Your maps are gorgeous! Really, really beautiful. It must have taken quite some time to make.
  • After the fuse sidequest, Saffron disappears from the caterpillar, but she stills shows up in the menu.
  • When you go back to the house of the old man, after he teleports his way out, there will be a red question mark again.
  • After defeating a faun, their graphic disappears, but it seems the event doesn't. When I come closer to the spot the faun used to be, the red ! balloon will show up and move around. It's gone when you leave the map though.
  • There are two tiles I can't move on:
  • This is your finest nitpickery, but a part of the sprites show up in the cave wall:

Quigon

electric boogaloo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you very much for playing through it and pointing out those bugs! I'll reupload a fixed version probably tomorrow or so, I don't have time to do it tonight. They're not game breaking anyway, at this stage. Can I ask, which quest in Northhurst did you do last? A bug's turned up with a friend playing that involves the cutscene after that, again not game breaking, but it makes the next cutscene look a bit messed up.

[basically, to anyone else who's playing, if you finish the faun or fuse quest last in the demo, then the next cutscene will mess up a little - it'll still play and go through fine, but your character won't be in the right place, and the cutscene won't trigger until you go into the map, rather than starting automatically]

Thanks for playing :)

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I first finished the sword quest, then the faun and lastly the fuse one, because I was an idiot and couldn't find the last fuse. >.>

Quigon

electric boogaloo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
And when you finished the fuse quest, did every sprite around you disappear or were you automatically teleported to the next map and the cutscene was fine?

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
They all automatically disappeared, the cutscene started when I entered the right map I assume.

Quigon

electric boogaloo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ah right yeah, that's the bug right there. Will have that fixed for the next upload, which'll either be later tonight or tomorrow :) (along with the rest pointed out.)

I'm glad you enjoyed it though!

[Edit: New demo will be up in just over an hour, guys. I changed some events, so it's entirely possible you might need to start over, but again, I have no idea. Give it a go anyway.]

[Edit: Demo is updated! Hopefully that's the worst of the bugs caught out.]

JacobM

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I will be trying this out!

Dark_Metamorphosis

What a horrible night to have a curse.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
It's out! Yes! Been having my eyes on this for a while, so I'm really looking forward to try out the demo!

I'll download it and come back with some of my thoughts later on! :D

Quigon

electric boogaloo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Lustermx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hey Gorlami, I've been looking at this project ever since it was still in the VX stages (I didn't play the old demo), but I recall watching an awe inspiring video of a town showcasing sound emissions.

I downloaded the Ace version and had a try. The Intro scene was really well written, it flowed fluently which is always nice -- I could see the tension building up really well this way. Notably, the music worked incredibly well with the scene of the town exploding (hehe, explossions).

When I had control of the character, this happened 3 minutes in.

LOL. Not a bug, just me being an idiot.
I didn't save so I have to watch the intro scene again (...A skip intro button would be nice)

Also if you have a folder called 'Fonts' with all the font files inside, people won't need to install them.

Can't wait to get back to this!

Quigon

electric boogaloo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey Gorlami, I've been looking at this project ever since it was still in the VX stages (I didn't play the old demo), but I recall watching an awe inspiring video of a town showcasing sound emissions.

I downloaded the Ace version and had a try. The Intro scene was really well written, it flowed fluently which is always nice -- I could see the tension building up really well this way. Notably, the music worked incredibly well with the scene of the town exploding (hehe, explossions).

When I had control of the character, this happened 3 minutes in.

LOL. Not a bug, just me being an idiot.

I didn't save so I have to watch the intro scene again (...A skip intro button would be nice)

Also if you have a folder called 'Fonts' with all the font files inside, people won't need to install them.

Can't wait to get back to this!
Ahahaha I though that was an actual bug there, sh*t myself so I did. 

Yeah I'm considering putting in a cutscene skipper, but we'll see. I'd imagine it'd be a problem if the cutscenes were half as long as they used to be, which they're totally not now.

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I started to play your game while recording.

I'm somewhat impressed of such great free quality your game's demo is showing. Serious while not taking itself too seriously.

Quigon

electric boogaloo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Nice! Remember and check out the demo guide on the project dev/RMN thread when you come to the brick wall that is the Interceptor, or if you have any other troubles - it covers most of them.

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I actually defeated Interceptor at a first try, I have yet to be defeated on your game. :)

Quigon

electric boogaloo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I actually defeated Interceptor at a first try, I have yet to be defeated on your game. :)
Awesome! You're one of two people I know who have managed it first time, haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

rux
Just 80% of my motivation on game making lmao, anyone got tips on how to not be unmotivated?
I've signed up for a job training program for people with Asperger's Syndrome. I went to a "test run" today so they could see how well I did with simple jobs, and I amazed them. Most new people do it in 30+ minutes, while I finished in a mere 15 minutes. Gives me time to work on a screenplay for Studio MDHR...
People,I have seen that Someone from China/Chile and London is doing a Vaccine Against COVID-19.
Doing anything that yield good result in the long run is like sowing seeds. With proper care, they will grow and bear fruits. I'm excited for tomorrow. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twilightprincess