RMMV Bloodlines - Legacy of the lost Dragoon.

Bloodlines

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys, have had RPG maker now for just under two weeks and was looking some early feedback to make sure I am on the right direction. I began the story a long time ago as I wanted to write a book but turns out I'd rather make a game... So the last 10 days or so, I have spent learning how to use rpg maker with parallax mapping etc and I think I have got a decent understanding of it and have got something to show. I wanted to meet a 10 day deadline so there is some things that are not as polished, but they intro of the game will explain it all.

Basically, menus and battling have not really been touched beyond some experimenting. It is not that I want to show off but rather the world, the characters, plot, writing, mapping, and basically the overall flow of the introduction to the world of Lucere.

Bloodlines promises to be an epic tale with a world and characters I want you to get invested in. It is inspired by a plethora of sources of fantasy from Lord of the Rings to Final Fantasy and of course my favorite RPG of all time, Golden Sun (such a game). If you like oldschool final fantasy but wanted something with a deeper lore (told in a manageable way) then this is the project for you. hope the screenshots below can garner some interest.

I hope to have as much custom graphics as I can so take the demo as a work in progress. Having been playing games for over 20 years, with my first RPG being Dark Chambers on the Atari 2600, I have always considered myself to have a good eye and great taste for games (and knowing a turd a mile off) so it's time to back the opinion i have of myself it up with a project of my own. It was always my dream to make a game, and I believe everyone has (at least) one good story in them, whether or not they tell it through the videogame medium is irrelevant but its just as good as any.

Early Demo Included about 20 minutes long.

https://sendbig.zettabox.com/#!/download/6b4f4f2b-675a-458f-baa8-1e42781e64b0

Forty five years has passed since the Legendary Dragoon, Darnell Tassinari slew the Druid that had brought the race of Snow Elves to their knees. Having destroyed the vital healing springs that lay within the Elvish Glades, the Elvin maidens could not survive child birth thus forcing the hand of Maester Darnell to seek retribution and eventually uncover a dark plot that would change the course of history not just for the Elves, but for all races on Lucere. The healing waters had been stolen and due to their properties of being able to seal magic, it was clear what the druids intention was.

Darnell with the aid of the King of Kona, Asbel Levant were able to recover enough of the water to save the fate of the Snow Elves but knew he couldn't stop there. They tracked the Druid to the holy Mountain of Falaj. Protected by Dragons and the guardians of alchemy... the Alami, a race of beast like magic wielders, Darnell was granted passage and protection having gained their trust and defeated the Druid atop the mountain...

but it was to late...

Alchemy had been sealed, and the hero never returned.

Present Day...

Darius Tassanari, great grandson of the legendary hero is on a mission from the current Maester. Dalzell, his grandfather has a theory that without alchemy the world is dying and has sent Darius to the Northern Reaches to determine whether or not the world is crumbling at it's edge. Joined by Garcia Galati, they set off towards the abyss...

Credits:

Story, Writing, Mapping, Scripting, Directing, few Tile-set edits

- Colúm McClelland

Narration

- David Botcher

OST

- Ben Nuttal
- Supered11

Character Art

Commission by Meg Croft

Cover Art

Commission by Lucias Pandolfelli

Sprites

- Ceilanna
- Garcia face sprite found on JP website (place holder anyway but sorry do not know who to credit

Plugins

- Yanfly
- Soulpour777
- GausUltimateOverlay

Hope i did not miss any. Not intentionally anyway. So much has happened over the last few days I may be forgetting some things.

Last edited:
Reactions: Low

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Can you add a little bit about what the story of your game is? Just enough to give prospective players an idea of what the game is about. Just saying inspired by game x is not helpful in that regards.

Bloodlines

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updated with story.

Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
The art looks so good. I loved the story too.

Well done.

Bloodlines

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thankyou. It's gonna be a long road as it only a solo part time project but rpg maker is perfect for me.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Bloodlines : If it makes you feel better, my project will probably take me 3 years by the time it's released. So you're not the only one in for the long haul.

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
I started halfway august and put out a demo at the end of December. Then I had to pay attention to real life (work work work) and just started working on the game again since this march. You can check out my testers video he put up yesterday to see what I could do in ->4 months<- Putting the fundamental in first takes time but mostly pays off later in your development stage as the things you build on it are standing on a solid fundamental. Yes we can! :mrsatan:

Bloodlines

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good advice and something I have been doing to some degree. Biggest problem will be finding resources and relying on others to do commision work as I can't sprite and I want and will need a lot of orignial graphics. Gonna be expensive but least it's a productive hobby.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Bloodlines : My suggestion? Make the game or a significant portion of it first before worrying about the graphics. This way you minimize the odds you will buy graphics you don't need. To give you an idea, I waited until Chapter 3 of my game was in progress before hiring any artists, and just used the RTP sprites and facesets as placeholers, even if I did get a few "Why is Sarah in a maid outfit?" when my demo was posted (ever after warning that it was using placeholder graphics).

Bloodlines

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Bloodlines : My suggestion? Make the game or a significant portion of it first before worrying about the graphics. This way you minimize the odds you will buy graphics you don't need. To give you an idea, I waited until Chapter 3 of my game was in progress before hiring any artists, and just used the RTP sprites and facesets as placeholers, even if I did get a few "Why is Sarah in a maid outfit?" when my demo was posted (ever after warning that it was using placeholder graphics).
Ha yea Garcia in the demo about is invisible in battle lol. Yea good advice. Good for my wallet too.

EDIT: DEMO link updated with a more polished demo.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Slaving away at more maps. :LZSwink:
Accidentally zoomed the browser in on the forums page, here... and I think I'm going to just leave it. #OldPeopleProblems
Spooktober Spooktacular Game Jam Winners announcements start now! Live on stream! See who won!
so, I've begun the process of restructuring my game's base setup entirely after feeling disheartened with progress and talking to a friend. I think I'm headed in the right direction now.
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and I'm so excited! I've been exploring MZ a little, and I just downloaded Effekseer to make new animations. I have experience in 3D animation software, so I'll be pretty good at the whole "particle" thing. My first game on MZ will be Fantasy Force--starring a griffin, a dragon, and a pegasus fighting against the Dragon of Darkness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zbzikowany