Vanessa

Crossfate Saga Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV

”Hi everyone, it’s about time I introduce you to my game project. Yes, there’s one thread about it in the Project Recruitment tab, but this will be the place where you'll find more details, including development updates, episodes and the demo's eventual download.”

For the record, this project is done by a voluntary crew, although we might have stuff like supporting platform later on if anyone is willing to support us. For now, let me introduce the game first.

Bloom In Abyss is an introductory episode for the main Crossfate Saga game: it will serve to kickstart the relationship between players and the Crossfate realm via lore, characters and game mechanics.

We’ll have a HUB menu screen to navigate between story, shops and side quests; the majority of the gameplay will be focused in battles and the story will be told in a style reminiscent of that seen in Visual Novels.

The general thematic is rather serious, for it will be filled with dark and negative emotions representing how intense all the subjects' conflicts are, including suicide and child abuse, which will be warned at the beginning of the story. This is the kind of tale that you can call ‘seinen’ by its characteristics, filled with psychological damage, action, drama and mysteries.

We'll keep everything PG 13 at least.

To compensate the lack of maps to explore, there will be various event CGs to be found and unlocked, and a gallery wherein to see them.

The Art Section is mostly done by me whilst Red also assists with the sprites' workings

redriver.pngmilth.pngwitch.pngnoire.png
and more

unso.pngmon.png
and more

In a world called Etherim, there's a peculiar orphanage named Milthorn House, known as a strange and mysterious rehabilitation facility managed by a being revered as The Lost One to create and nurture demons. About 13 special children, named Grimchilds in honor of their benefactor, were gathered by their efforts, but is the last one whom will change things drastically, not only affecting the house itself but other regions entirely as well.

Bloom In Abyss will take three different perspectives wherein the player will have to resolve strange incidents, find answers and survive terrible horrors.

14 Playable Characters
Challenging large-scale Battles
10+ Skill Combo (Crossfight)
90+ Unique Monsters/Enemies
More NPCs with personalized portraits
Story and Dream Battle Scenarios
Optimized HUB Menu Screen for players who prefer clicking
Event & Art Galleries
Unique Characters' BGM of varied musical genres
Touch Screen/Phone Friendly

IN GAME SCREENSHOTS

6 party members vs 6+ enemies
1.gif
menu selection screen to progress story and discovering various stuff
2.gif
Test screen for General Store (Shop) Menu featuring a hardworking small family

FOREWORDS
This is our second years working on Bloom In Abyss,
there are still few more to push.
Thanks to anyone for supporting us,
may this episode completed so we can step into the main story as soon as we ready.

THE DEVS
DHS SML.png
Dollhouse Symphony

-Led-
Schlee (Vanessa)

-Staffs-

Caucher
Danch
Fura
Kare yare
Kinzarks
M Kazami
Ludo
Red Roselia
Sheridan

PLUGINS CREDITS

Moghunter
Yanfly

---
More News will be posted soon.​

Last edited:

rue669

RueToYou
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Vanessa.

This looks really cool! Love the artwork. The story is intriguing too. Love horror games.

Vanessa

Crossfate Saga Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Vanessa.

This looks really cool! Love the artwork. The story is intriguing too. Love horror games.
Thank you Rue!

samkfj

Bug Powder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yay! I can finally follow this! Great stuff!

Looking forward to seeing more and playing ^_^

Last edited:

Wavelength

Pre-Merge Boot
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Looks very promising! Well-designed and very pretty.

No need to worry about not having maps to explore - if physical exploration isn't an important dynamic in your game, it's best to get rid of it entirely and abstract it like you're doing - it lets you deliver the stuff that is awesome more directly, such as narrative, sidequests, combat, and character-building systems.

Large-scale battles with 6 characters sound cool; just be careful to make sure that these "difficult", epic-sized battles won't cause the pacing of your game to drag. :)

Looking forward to trying out a demo or completed game!!

Vanessa

Crossfate Saga Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yay! I can finally follow this! Great stuff!

Looking forward to seeing more and playing ^_^
Wish our luck! ^^

Looks very promising! Well-designed and very pretty.

No need to worry about not having maps to explore - if physical exploration isn't an important dynamic in your game, it's best to get rid of it entirely and abstract it like you're doing - it lets you deliver the stuff that is awesome more directly, such as narrative, sidequests, combat, and character-building systems.

Large-scale battles with 6 characters sound cool; just be careful to make sure that these "difficult", epic-sized battles won't cause the pacing of your game to drag. :)

Looking forward to trying out a demo or completed game!!
Thanks for the appreciation ;D, i'm motivated to make it happen.

May i add you to the list of alpha testers? will need feedbacks especially for balancing etc later ^^

and allow me to post illustration regards the game
featuring one of the Grimchilds, Sarah

Aside of writing some medical refferences, Sarah also keep a secret note about the family.

Vanessa

Crossfate Saga Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
raptr.png
- rapture silhouette art

February 2020 Update Blog

We finished the basic game system thanks to Ludo's awesome works.

Currently start pouring the story into the game build progressively.
Within March or April maybe we can have something to see. Just need few backround arts first to do first.

See you later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I posted a funny gag reel of Drifty's video's here, but realized it was probably too riskay, so I deleted it, oops, lol.
Another room (actually other half of previous room)
What should I focus on today?

Character Portraits?
OR
Mapping?
Alright, I think I've got tired of VXAce. I guess I will jump to MV.
Just had a stranger SPRINT away from me in the grocery store. Talk about overreaction...
...I don't think I'm that ugly! ^-^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrogScholar