Blue's Weird Stuff

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by BlueVikingr, Feb 10, 2019.

1. BlueVikingr

BlueVikingr The Dragonbirb Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi...
    I'm no pixel artist. But if given a base to work with, I can sometimes create oddities using cutting, pasting, and filters. I'll post them here in case anyone's interested.

Terms of Use: These are based on the RTP and are things anyone with Photoshop and a bit of patience could do. Free for commercial and non-commercial use both. Go ahead and repost if you think someone would find them useful. Edits are fine too, although if you make any, I'd like to see them. I'd like to be credited, but I suppose it's not mandatory.

First batch: A character and battler I made for the Invisibility spell in my game, and a face, character, and battler for a Tree Shape spell. >.> I'm not sure how useful they'll be to anyone else.

$invisible.png
    invisible.png
    $tree.png Tree.png
    TreeFace.png

2. Randor

Randor Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The invisibility sprite is a good idea!

3. CoryH

CoryH Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Very creative, nice job!

4. BlueVikingr

BlueVikingr The Dragonbirb Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Something I bet people never thought they would see from me- le update. Not only that, but le update wherein I actually tried my hand at some pixel art. It's not the best, and I cheated a bit (took the wheels off the cart in the default vehicles), but behold- a chariot!

The chariot was made to go with larger horses than the default, like those made by Avery and Pandamaru, but it shouldn't take too much to adjust it to work with the RTP horse- I think you would just need to shorten the pole and maybe change a couple pixels on the harness to fit the differently placed head.

Some assembly will be required. I've provided the chariot and the harness as separate layers. What users will need to do themselves is add in the horses- the harness should help you figure out how to place them (I've provided an image of the chariot and harness together to help you place the harness). On the side views, it looks best if you have two layers of horses, with the one on the far side three pixels upwards and backwards from the one on the near side. It also looks best if you alternate your horses on the moving frames. What I mean by that is that for the two horses on each frame, one should be the version with its right foot forward and the other should be the version with its left foot forward (because horses in reality don't necessarily pace in perfect sync the way soldiers do).

If you are using Galv's character shadow plugin, you may want to disable it for any chariot events. Because the chariot sprite is a different size and shape, the shadows look funny. I also suggest using a plugin that allows you to increase the size of an event's hitbox- Yanfly has one. Otherwise funny things will happen on your maps, with the chariot disappearing halfway into a building or something.

Attached Files:

Randor likes this.