milk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
hi, the game im making is going to be very basic pixel art with no anti aliasing, and it looks fine when its windowed but when i full screen it gets blurry. i know in the program game maker you can turn off the auto anti aliasing that happens when you full screen so that the pixel art still looks crisp. is there a way to do this with MV ? also on an added note there seems to be a motion blur effect happening on my character sprite when its walking, is there a way to get rid of that? 

Last edited by a moderator:

Kane Hart

Elmlor.com
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I know there is a way for sure because when you are in the menu's it blurs out the background. Maybe one the scripters can help you reproduce something similar. 

Example picture on the left side where my character is:

TyIWMvA.png

milk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
still dont know how to fix this can someone please help

altorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I haven't looked much into it yet but it has something to do with the renderer object in the backend.

BACKUP YOUR rpg_core.js BEFORE DOING THIS:

Go to rpg_core.js then go to line 1872.

Insert this line:

this._renderer.autoResize = true;

This lets the renderer resize on window resize.but keeps the original pixel sizes.

It doesn't scale the sprites though, and that's where I stopped. lol

revenile

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I believe the blurry effect when in fullscreen is the fact you're stretching the game to fit your resolution.  Which would make it look blurry since you're making smaller objects stretch to larger sizes.  Only way to fix that would be to use one of the resolution change plugins and change the resolution with that, however things like battle backgrounds would just repeat tiled to fill the screen without manually editing them.

RyanBram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Perhaps the solution is to make your game to match your target device resolution.

1366x768 in my machine.

Or press F3 to see the actual unstreched screen.

Kane Hart

Elmlor.com
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I so miss understood this post. I was assuming you wanted to replicate the effect. Sorry. 

boldpaste2

The Dragon Heretics
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I immediately noticed this as well, so I did a little experiment. I made two projects, one in MV and one in ACE and made the settings match. They had the same gameplay resolution and same tile size (32X32). If you ran the games side by side, they were perfectly identical. The difference come in when going into fullscreen resolution. With vx ace the tiles are sharp and crisp, with MV, it gets VERY blurry. Its not to bad when your stick with 46X46 tiles but anything smaller then that will be hard to see when in full screen. This also create problems when trying to make games for mobile platforms that have different resolutions.

Edit: Ok, im stupid xD

There is one difference Ace had over MV. When going into full screen mode, Ace would change the rendering resolution of the monitor to match the game, (so no scaling occurs when going into full screen for Ace). However in MV, this doesn't occur so it would have to stretch the graphics to match the screen.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Micro rant. The worst part of working from home when you live with your family is seeing how inconsiderate they are. "Hey, you're sitting in front of your computer, that means you're not doing anything! I want to put the TV at 200 decibels!"

If I was working in the office would you still talking me like that?
It's definitely discouraging when streamers give a try-to-say-it-nicely (i.e. bad) review of your game demo. It's like jumping into a cold pool. Bad initally, but it gets better with time. And you are now more alert and see better.
Some screenshots of the pub and lodging with the beginnings of clutter taking shape
TTp8uCw.png

jtC202e.png

bSXgyVl.png

eRx9PUF.png
Backgrounds are not my strong suit... :kaodes:
DazI8jt.jpg

Just realized I forgot doing the clouds... woops
Went to get some stuff for February 10, the birthday of my favorite ink monster...
I have a little one-person party for Bendy every year, complete with the life-size plushie I made. And yes, I bake a birthday cake!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarberten