GuanyuMaker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello. I'm curious if its possible to handle and fix it or it is something deep in the engine's core. Made a search on this forums and I'm impressed I only found one topic from 2015 on it with no answer at all.

The game gets blurry when it faces character movement. If I move the character and the map is small enough to keep fixed, the character in movement gets blurry. If the map is big enough for the camera to move following the character movement, the map gets blurry and the character is ok. Noticed that it only happens with player's camera movement. When other events moves while players is standing still they dont get blurry at all. Thats something small that I only noticed after playing a couple hours of Stardew Valley, when i came back to rpg maker that blurry thing started to annoy. Though it would be something with my game testing or my graphic card, but went to @Driftwood Gaming channel and noticed that most games he tests have this annoying thing too.

Note that the issue is not easly noticeable. Actually I found it when i stopped focusing on characters but on the map or other objects.

From the tests I've made so far had no Frame drops at all to cause this.

GPU: GTX 1070(Drivers are up to date)
60hz (1080p Monitor)
CPU : I5 4670
Memory: DDR3 1600(2x8gb)

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what is the game screen size?
If I remember correctly this usually happens if the screen size set cannot be divided correctly into tiles.

GuanyuMaker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Im using 1280×720. That may be the issue as I'm having half tiles on the borders. Will test it out when I get home.

Thanks for your reply @Andar !

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

While was working on one of the monsters that will appear in my horor game I may have made harold a Lovecraftian monster. (I used his head to keep things aligned.)
Finally got my website fixed and the security sorted so it's been a productive day. Can I go to sleep now? I mean... I don't need to work right?
It's always a good idea to refresh yourself on what your plugins do. I'm working on a map with opening walls, and I was about to tear my hair out over how much image editing and hand-constructing of autotiles I'd have to do, when I looked again and saw @Shaz 's Tile Changer could copy areas from another map.
"sorry it took me so long to respond" - can we please agree not to say that anymore unless it actually took a long time?! (Like 36hrs at least) I mean, I'm running out of funny responses here xD
Ugh... 4:53AM over here and I can't sleep so why not just game make.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshikosai