Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi, maybe someone here can help me,
is saw couple japanese rpgm games have a blurry vignette...

Like this one
Has anyone an idea where I can get this plugin/who did it?

BlueMoon

Nebula Games Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It seems that they're using a combination between Zoom Blur Filter and Godray Filter pixi-filters. Doing something like this would do the trick.

You can try to add pixi-filter.js to your game: https://filters.pixijs.download/v4.1.4/pixi-filters.js

Then, in the game console, you can make this test:

Code:
let filt = new PIXI.filters.ZoomBlurFilter
SceneManager._scene.filters = [filt]
filt.center = [Graphics.boxWidth /2, Graphics.boxHeight/2]
filt.strength = 0.03

// There is the angle property if you want to play with it, too:
// filt.angle = /*angle in rad*/

Effect:
Schermata 2021-07-23 alle 19.04.12.png

ephesus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
That's actually a tilt-shift filter, it narrows the focus of the camera so that objects near and far are blurred more than usual. For a 2d game it mimics this by simply blurring the top and bottom of the image. I use both tilt-shift and vignette in my WIP. Here's some pics:
TLiaD_Test-map01_05.png
Tilt-shift, no vignette
tliad_preview-50321--8bpc-.png
Tilt-shift, (subtle) vignette

tiltshift example.png
Tilt-shift, Vignette

I used

Tsukimi-Neko's Pixi Filter Controller

There's one for both MZ and MV

There's a tilt-shift filter in there.

There's a way to get a vignette filter from a couple of those filters (old film and crt) but you gotta edit the JS because they removed the vignette options for some reason.

Just using an image overlay is probably the easiest and lightest on the cpu, just google image search vignettes. Galv has this that can be tweaked to make a vignette: Visibility Range MV <look under his MZ plugins and might be a mz version

-KP

ephesus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
there's a newer MZ pixi filter controller that you can use a menu while playtesting! dunno who made it but look up "pixi filter menu MZ" or something like that. if you can't find it ill see if I can't again.

ephesus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
It seems that they're using a combination between Zoom Blur Filter and Godray Filter pixi-filters. Doing something like this would do the trick.

You can try to add pixi-filter.js to your game: https://filters.pixijs.download/v4.1.4/pixi-filters.js

Then, in the game console, you can make this test:

Code:
let filt = new PIXI.filters.ZoomBlurFilter
SceneManager._scene.filters = [filt]
filt.center = [Graphics.boxWidth /2, Graphics.boxHeight/2]
filt.strength = 0.03

// There is the angle property if you want to play with it, too:
// filt.angle = /*angle in rad*/

Effect:
Is that a game you're working on? looks interesting. I like the flowers in the slums aesthetic

BlueMoon

Nebula Games Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is that a game you're working on? looks interesting. I like the flowers in the slums aesthetic

It's a default map from Rpg Maker MZ, I was Just testing pixi-filters on It.

Good catch on the tilt-shift!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I want to learn Javascript to create a custom menu, but I don't really know where to start.
One uncomfortable truth that has withstood the test of time, is how most people will stand by while they see a crime happening, unless it's illegal to stand by. We probably wouldn't have stories about "special heroes" or games about heroes if the "everyday common folk" were largely capable of being heroes. Heroes face dangers that most people are not willing to.
I'm having toooo much fun designing the new MP (Mental Psyche) system. I've only worked it out for enemies so far, but it's fun to stun them, then go after their MP and delete them instead to farm for better item drops.
anyone know of a place I can promote my game? sorta like game awards but for indie devs, like a place where I can drop a trailer and like stir up some hype
Doing RPG Maker News for 17th October 2021

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LAB00M