Status
Not open for further replies.

hexedronin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello, I wanna make a game that works like a board game. There will only be one actor, so there is not much to worry about in that aspect. Pretty much what i'm asking is:

How would i make turns? or something that can separate one action from another

How would i roll at the beginning of a turn?

How can i keep the player from moving whenever they want/ making player move according to dice rolls?

Can i make a space/tile where the dice roll is negated and the player just stops there?

in advance, thank you.

InBlast

The Mad Hamster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Hello, I will try to answer.

1) I think your whole game is gonna be events calling together. To make the turns, you can use an event that will stop the player from moving and making the actor move at each turn.

2) Go to the event page, control variable, chose one variable, operation : "set" and "random".

like this : https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/6785/ (not MV, but it's the same). With this, you can get a random number between 1 and 6.

3) Like said in 1), you need to make an event. Something like this : 

while (falsecondition)

{

if (Button is pressed) 

{

Roll the dice

call the movement event (you will need to do some math for this one I think ^^)

}

}

What I wrote above can easly be done in RPG Maker. Don't set this event as a parallel event because it will not block the player.

4) Hum, yes, I think. You can check the region of the title the actor is on, and do things with this information. for example :

if(regionID == 1)

{

stop the moving part of the event.

}

I hope this will help you =)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dad3353

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I made a Board Game, and decided that it would be easier to not move the Hero, nor the Party members, but move NPC's instead. Depending on the exact requirements, you could have the Party Members take turns at moving their own NPC, or hide the Party entirely, and just use NPC's

To prevent a Hero from moving (if he's on the Board but not moving along the Board Game path...), he could be surrounded by impassible, but invisible Events.

t's a bit of a chore, but one can affect any sort of gage or bonus on any Tile, by counting each movement on the board, and using a Common Event with a series of Conditions to detect what to do for any count.

My Game can be played here ...

Simple Halloween Board Game ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Wimpy

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I made a Board Game, and decided that it would be easier to not move the Hero, nor the Party members, but move NPC's instead. Depending on the exact requirements, you could have the Party Members take turns at moving their own NPC, or hide the Party entirely, and just use NPC's

To prevent a Hero from moving (if he's on the Board but not moving along the Board Game path...), he could be surrounded by impassible, but invisible Events.

t's a bit of a chore, but one can affect any sort of gage or bonus on any Tile, by counting each movement on the board, and using a Common Event with a series of Conditions to detect what to do for any count.

My Game can be played here ...

Simple Halloween Board Game ...

Sry sir, I dont know how to make a dice roll and characters move after that. Can u help me? THX
PS. sry for bad English

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

@Wimpy , please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Please make your own thread to ask your question instead.

Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

SF_People3_3 added!
index.php

ScreenShot_1_3_2022_1_32_12.png
I feel QSprite for MV is underrated. I basically am able to use my chibi sideview battlers I drew on the maps and have all the motions available. this'll help a lot with cutscenes.
I've figured out how to reasonably tall-ify chibi sprites on my editor. I like that making tall sprites gives me control on expressing how tall characters seem on the field relative to each other as well as better differentiate adult sprites from child sprites.
doing some wacky experimental stuff in MV right now :kaoluv: I cannot wait to drop what I've been working on
Doing RPG Maker News for this week. (January 14th - 20th, 2022)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kitismad