Status
Not open for further replies.

Ancientspark74

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
In the system settings, as soon as you assign a starting point for a boat, ship or airship...  you can choose OTHER locations but it will seemingly NOT allow you 

to clear that setting to nothing..  I tried and tried...   I don't want some of these in my game but now it will not allow me to remove them.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is not a tech support issue.  Tech Support is when you can't get the editor to run.

Your profile doesn't say, your subject doesn't say, and your post doesn't say what engine you're using.  That might be helpful, as then we can check it out in the same engine and give you the solution.

The easiest workaround, in all engines, is to simply create a new map that will never be used in the game, and change the vehicle's starting location to that map.

If you don't like that and want to get rid of it altogether, or course if you haven't saved after setting the position you could just close without saving, but that would lose all the other things you worked on as well.

In MV, close the editor, then go into the project's data folder and open the System.json file in a text editor (wordpad or notepad, not MS Word).  Search for 'boat' and you'll get something like this:

"boat":{"bgm":{"name":"","pan":0,"pitch":100,"volume":90},"characterIndex":0,"characterName":"","startMapId":11,"startX":7,"startY":12}

You'll have different numbers for startMapId, startX and startY.  Change them all to 0:

"boat":{"bgm":{"name":"","pan":0,"pitch":100,"volume":90},"characterIndex":0,"characterName":"","startMapId":0,"startX":0,"startY":0}

Save, then back in the project your vehicle position should be set back to 'none'.  I do suggest you make a backup of the file before you start making any changes though ... just in case.

With the other engines, you will need to use a script to remove the positions altogether.  But the script would be different for each engine.  So can't go further without knowing what you're using.

Last edited by a moderator:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please let us know what engine this question is for, so that I can move it to the correct spot. Thank you.

Ancientspark74

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
It was for MV, sorry about that. 1.3.1 

I thought it was tech cause I felt it was a glitch that you couldn't just type 0 back in once you chose a location..

I decided to work the firstly unwanted ship into my plot and make use of it in some other way so it worked out,

but again, most things can be changed in the database, like changing maximums and all after the fact,

but if you make this mistake with the boats you cannot reset to zero from within the environment.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Usually what I do in these cases is I change the starting location to a blank map that is never used in the game. That way the player never knows they exist.

maybirdparade

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi, I'm using MZ. My boat spawns in and moves fine, but I can't un-board it. I get this error message:
TypeError
Cannot set property '_showHigherSprite' of null
Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you.

maybirdparade

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
this is the errors

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    207.3 KB · Views: 4

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

maybirdparade, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

You have also double posted. If you need to change or add to your previous post, please use the Edit button instead. You can view our forum rules here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Fire-Emblem Style Level Up System, Boost on Class Change, And Animated Arrows | RPG Maker News #115

Why keyboards don't sleep? Because they have two shifts.
I realized a while ago my game was toooo big in scope. even now I wonder am I trying to do too much by myself. and that's after completely changing the format of the game.
Last week at SLC. Cali awaits. TBH I love SLC more than SF.
Back home now. I had a good time, but I had a checkup this morning so I had to come home for that. Now I'm just waiting for my therapist meeting tomorrow...
Decided to work on Wishful Wanda today. Since it's a BFB spinoff game, I decided to make the Huang brothers
Easter eggs! I'm actually pitching this to the BFDI team, btw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamegialap