RLFHOG3

Survivor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So i found in the system tab where it gives you the option to change the boat sprite to something different, so i did, opting for the Raft.

However, when I try out the trigger that spawns the boat, i get the old boat sprite instead - the one that's actually a boat with paddles. Is there something I did wrong? What am I missing here?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
did you start a new game or resume a saved game?

RLFHOG3

Survivor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Resumed a saved game that i've been using to test events as I go.

Is that really the only reason? :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, because when you first start a new game, your vehicles are all created and their starting location and image are set.  This info is then saved with the save file.  So if you start a game and save it, your vehicle details are recorded.  If you then change the vehicle and resume the game, it does not get the new vehicle settings, but it uses the info that was there when you first started.

Some actor details are like this too - if you set up an actor, play the game to add them to the party, then go back into the database and make some changes - name, class, initial equipment, for example - when you resume your saved game, the actor will still have the settings at the time they were added to the party, not the modified settings from the database.

If ever you have troubles with database changes not appearing, always look at this as a first possible cause - start a new game and see if your settings are being picked up correctly.

RLFHOG3

Survivor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok, cool. I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

I'm gonna be darn good at speed running my game by the time this is all said and done. :p

Soulnet

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok, cool. I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

I'm gonna be darn good at speed running my game by the time this is all said and done. :p

I know what you mean, especially in some encounters where there is a fair bit of text to get through before the bit you want to test comes along!

RLFHOG3

Survivor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I know what you mean, especially in some encounters where there is a fair bit of text to get through before the bit you want to test comes along!

Seriously. I think I can get through the first dungeon and recruit my first party member in less than 45 minutes at this point. Minimum level 3. Of course I designed it to where lvl 3 was the minimum level you had to be to beat the first boss but that's beside the point. :p

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Studying more game mechanics and game design... If someone have some tips, I would be happy to read!
I finally caved and bought myself a Switch.
I'm having some trouble finding an established sub-genre to classify our current project. Effervesce Fallacy™ is loosely based on chaos theory . . . does anyone know what this sub-genre is called?
I figured I should start off with a game this (I think at least)would be easier to program. Demonstrating Card drawing for Black Jack

I'm playing Pokémon Yellow to celebrate National Pokémon Day. :smile: What Pokémon games is everyone else playing?

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baan