Bobstah's Battle Commands Customization v2.2.1 - Updated 05/17/2017

Targaryen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I was thinking on two ideas: first is command replace, you could change your default Attack with states or weapons, for example, or maybe Guard, allow or not allow Items to be used, change command "Magic" skill types inside it...

second is conditional commands, for example, Jack can steal by default but he needs to have more than 50%MHP. 

Thanks Bobstah; as we say in our country "Eres muy grande!". xD

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wonderful! I hope I didn't bother you to much.  :D

When you say external menu managers, are you referring to things that add commands to the skill menu, like Yanfly's SkillLearnSystem? Or to Main Menu Commands like Yanfly's MainMenuManager? Or both?

If my suggestion is going to break to many things, I wouldn't want you to invest to much of your time into it. You've already provided several great plugins and I am sure you sometimes feel overburdened as is. Burnout is not pretty. (speaking from experience)
I was referring to Yanfly's Main Menu Manager at the time. I didn't think about his Skill Learn System. I still agree, if my Battle Commands plugin is going to be combining skill types, it needs to do it everywhere. I may break this functionality out into a separate plugin at this point, I'm not sure. I'll have to think on it, but it will get done one way or another.

I was thinking on two ideas: first is command replace, you could change your default Attack with states or weapons, for example, or maybe Guard, allow or not allow Items to be used, change command "Magic" skill types inside it...

second is conditional commands, for example, Jack can steal by default but he needs to have more than 50%MHP. 

Thanks Bobstah; as we say in our country "Eres muy grande!". xD
For attack, you can already do that by using SkillFirst or SkillLast. Attack is skill 1 by default, so use something like SkillLast: 1,15,32

You can accomplish your second request by using my Enhanced Restrictions plugin, found here. Use the Restrict tags to restrict the steal skill to require 50% MP. There is an eval example in the first post for this. :)

Did that help?

Last edited by a moderator:

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Bobstah, I hope I'm not bothering you with this, but I was wondering if there is any reason this plugin may not play nicely on a mobile device?

When I play my build on my PC browser, everything is fine. But when I try to play it on my phone, I get an error that battleCommand is null. I can't think of a way to get console output on my phone so I only thought of this plugin. (I verified that removing it stops the error, however the game still freezes at Now Loading...)

I don't expect you to troubleshoot this, because phone browsers are pretty finicky. Just curious if you had any ideas.

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Bobstah, I hope I'm not bothering you with this, but I was wondering if there is any reason this plugin may not play nicely on a mobile device?

When I play my build on my PC browser, everything is fine. But when I try to play it on my phone, I get an error that battleCommand is null. I can't think of a way to get console output on my phone so I only thought of this plugin. (I verified that removing it stops the error, however the game still freezes at Now Loading...)

I don't expect you to troubleshoot this, because phone browsers are pretty finicky. Just curious if you had any ideas.
It sounds like something isn't running properly onLoad. Have you tried using the PreloadManager that comes with the pre-order? I had problems testing my game on and off until I started using that in every project at the top of the load order.

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Is there any specific one you recommend?

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ok, that's the one I've started using. :)

Unfortunately, it went from throwing that error to just never getting past the loading screen... Fun fun!

DCF

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Is there a way to use an eval statement on the icon # or basing it on a variable?

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ok, that's the one I've started using. :)

Unfortunately, it went from throwing that error to just never getting past the loading screen... Fun fun!
Is my plugin the culprit? If you remove it, it works fine?

Is there a way to use an eval statement on the icon # or basing it on a variable?
There isn't in the current released version, but this is something I might be able to add to the next release.

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is my plugin the culprit? If you remove it, it works fine?
I hadn't checked. But it's really unimportant at the moment. I have no intention of actually expecting it to be played on a cell phone anyway.

And I don't see the point of bothering you about it until that changes. ;)

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Ok so I've tried to implement the Custom Battle Commands, the explanation doesn't really make it very clear, could you try explain it to me, I'm not really not sure what else to try?

The best i can tell, this isn't ever called anywhere

Code:
Window_Actor.prototype.myPluginMakeCommandList = function(cmd) {   if (cmd === "myPluginCustomCommand") {    this.addMyPluginCustomCommand();  }}

Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
I give up after reading 5 pages so I just ask then.

I want to make my characters only use Attack, their default Skill type, and Guard.

Items command can only be accessed if they wear a certain equipment or become a certain class.

So yeah, is that possible using this plugin? Someone give me direction please. ._.

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ok so I've tried to implement the Custom Battle Commands, the explanation doesn't really make it very clear, could you try explain it to me, I'm not really not sure what else to try?

The best i can tell, this isn't ever called anywhere

Window_Actor.prototype.myPluginMakeCommandList = function(cmd) { if (cmd === "myPluginCustomCommand") { this.addMyPluginCustomCommand(); }}
If you're writing your own plugin to use this one, you would need to call that. I'll look into this and make sure it is working. I did a significant rewrite, so I may have left it out.

I give up after reading 5 pages so I just ask then.

I want to make my characters only use Attack, their default Skill type, and Guard.

Items command can only be accessed if they wear a certain equipment or become a certain class.

So yeah, is that possible using this plugin? Someone give me direction please. ._.
I can't look at the moment, but I don't think there is a native way to seal the items command, nor does my Enhanced Restrictions plugin do that yet. I will look at adding it to the next release of Enhanced Restrictions.

If there is a native way to seal the items command, this wouldn't require a plugin at all.

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Ok well the makecommandlist is part of the array that gets passed to your plugin and should really be.called in your rewrite of the makecommandlist, I've got a work around right now let me know what you find out and decide.

Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
@Bobstah: I actually prefer items command to be hidden rather than grayed out. And I believe your plugin is only affect actor and class tabs, am i right?

Maybe make notetag for weapon/armor/states for future updates?

Either way, I'm not in a hurry, so you can tak le your time. :)

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ok well the makecommandlist is part of the array that gets passed to your plugin and should really be.called in your rewrite of the makecommandlist, I've got a work around right now let me know what you find out and decide.
I took that out, actually, because you can alias Window_ActorCommand.prototype.processCommandEntry now. You should also be able to alias Window_ActorCommand.prototype.makeCommandList. If you need the makeCommandList part of the custom functionality back to accomplish what you're after, I will absolutely add it back. Just let me know. :)

@Bobstah: I actually prefer items command to be hidden rather than grayed out. And I believe your plugin is only affect actor and class tabs, am i right?

Maybe make notetag for weapon/armor/states for future updates?

Either way, I'm not in a hurry, so you can tak le your time. :)
You can add WeaponCmd, ArmorCmd, and StateCmd to the class or actor, and it will display all <Battle Commands> from Weapons, Armors, and States. You can also hide any command by ending the line with an !. See the original post for more information. :)

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I took that out, actually, because you can alias Window_ActorCommand.prototype.processCommandEntry now. You should also be able to alias Window_ActorCommand.prototype.makeCommandList. If you need the makeCommandList part of the custom functionality back to accomplish what you're after, I will absolutely add it back. Just let me know. :)
Ok, well that makes sense I looked all over to find where that code was supposed to be called from, following the help info. What I ended up doing was just alias the makeCommandList, I thought it might cause problems but I guess not. Cool thanks for the info glad to know the way I ended up doing it would be fine.

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ok, well that makes sense I looked all over to find where that code was supposed to be called from, following the help info. What I ended up doing was just alias the makeCommandList, I thought it might cause problems but I guess not. Cool thanks for the info glad to know the way I ended up doing it would be fine.
I forgot to update that help section during the rewrite. I did it like that because the first way I wrote it was bad. As in, I was doing the regex operations every time a "special" command, like skillfirst/skilllast etc was used. After doing the LevelUpBonuses and Socket plugin initial design, I realized I needed to rewrite all the things, so I did. :)

Glad to hear that your workaround was what I intended all along! :)

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Oh wow I hate that, I understand though. I've had similar issues. Glad you figured out a better way, and good job.

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Posting this here as well since there was some interest. My Enhanced Restrictions plugin can now restrict the Items battle command.

@Targaryen, Emje-noeg: If you place my Enhanced Restrictions plugin, linked above, after this one in your plugin list, you can restrict the Items battle command using any of the restrictions available in that plugin. Let me know if this helps you. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stress testing my latest version of the game with my new madness engine. :LZSexcite:

Hello, where can I find the list of all watched threads? I've been using the Watch function to save the Threads I want to keep but I don't find the list anywhere....

New card design, thanks to all my free time quarantined. (Hope that's not too big of an image XD )
What do you do when you're your family's resident computer 'expert'...but you are anything but a computer expert?
I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was. To make a game is my real test. To play it is my cause.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuzen