Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Would that create a sub-menu under Magic?
It would present the player with a single skill menu containing both White and Black magic. The order of the skills is determined by the order you place the skill type IDs in the STypes tag. If White Magic is skill type 2 and Black Magic is skill type 3 in the following example:

STypes(Magic):2,3

Then White Magic skills would be displayed first and Black Magic skills would be displayed second under the command Magic. There are no additional submenus; The player selects 'Magic' and is presented with a unified skill list containing both White Magic skills and Black Magic skills.

Does this answer your question?

Last edited by a moderator:

VHStapes

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Would there be a relatively simple way to add the mana cost of a skill to the bottom right of the description box during battle? Or maybe add another smaller description box above the other one that holds mana cost and (in my case) cooldown/warmup speeds? I'm willing to code it myself if someone can give me a good starting point.

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Would there be a relatively simple way to add the mana cost of a skill to the bottom right of the description box during battle? Or maybe add another smaller description box above the other one that holds mana cost and (in my case) cooldown/warmup speeds? I'm willing to code it myself if someone can give me a good starting point.
I've been looking into a good way to accomplish this while incorporating skill cost plugins like Yanfly's Skill Core etc. Stay tuned, I have been making progress. :)

DadaKen

Warper
Reaction score
Thanks for the plugin.

I want to do a limit break (like FFVII) : hide a "Llimit" command, then pop that command when TP is full. I don't know if i'ts possible to do that with your plugin. I haven't managed yet :/

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow. This thread has gotten some attention. Following as a fan of Bobstah. I'm still using the earlier version (as it satisfies all my needs), but I am looking forward to the potential of Battle Command Icons!! :)

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wow. This thread has gotten some attention. Following as a fan of Bobstah. I'm still using the earlier version (as it satisfies all my needs), but I am looking forward to the potential of Battle Command Icons!! :)
:3, Thanks!

You really should upgrade though, depending on version. Bug fixes and all that.

Hoppy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
What enabling alternate attack commands? I have a skill called quick attack that I want to use as a normal attack with weapons sprites showing and everything on one of my characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
What enabling alternate attack commands? I have a skill called quick attack that I want to use as a normal attack with weapons sprites showing and everything on one of my characters.
The Kadokawa plugin folder that came with my RPG Maker MV download has a plugin called WeaponSkill. Using notetags, it allows you to change a weapon's attack skill to be something different.

If that's not what your looking for, I think a combination of Yanfly's Action Sequence and my plugin should put you on the right track. This plugin isn't really meant to adjust animations, and I think going down that road would add bloat.

Is there not another plugin available that accomplishes this yet?

Hoppy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I haven't seen any other plug ins that enable an alternate normal attack yet.

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I haven't seen any other plug ins that enable an alternate normal attack yet.
Using a combo of my Battle Commands plugin, Yanfly's Battle Core and Action Sequence extension 2, you can accomplish what you want.

For the Class or Actor you want an alternate attack skill for, use this Battle Command notetag:

<Battle Commands>

skill:ID

skills

guard

items

</Battle Commands>

Then, on the skill you want to be an alternate attack, add the appropriate action sequence commands. I'm not very familiar with Yanfly's action sequence commands, but I'm going to give it my best shot for you:

<target action>

attack animation: target

action animation

</target action>

I can't guarantee that the above section for Yanfly's Action Sequence Extension 2 will work, but I think that's the correct way to approach the situation.

Lady

Mapper, pixel artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using 

<Battle Commands>

skills

</Battle Commands>

The help window for skill:ID appear directly above the command window but the help window for skills appear at the very top. How to adjust help window for skills to appear directly above the command window?

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks for the plugin.

I want to do a limit break (like FFVII) : hide a "Llimit" command, then pop that command when TP is full. I don't know if i'ts possible to do that with your plugin. I haven't managed yet :/
I'm assuming that the command is showing up, just disabled until the TP bar is full, and you want the command to be completely hidden until then. Is that correct?

I'm using 

<Battle Commands>

skills

</Battle Commands>

The help window for skill:ID appear directly above the command window but the help window for skills appear at the very top. How to adjust help window for skills to appear directly above the command window?
Do you mean when you're inside of a skill menu and trying to pick a skill, the help window is at the top? If so, that is expected. I only modify the position of the skill window during the command selection phase.

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Version 1.9 is available! Added icons, icon overriding, and command renaming! Download

New things:

It draws icons, which makes the command window really tiny. I might make it larger at some point.

It should be a lot faster on slower devices.

New Notetag things:

Any command except ActorCmd can be prefixed with iX-, where X is the Icon Index to use. Example:

i15-Skill:5

Any command except Attack, Guard, Items, and ActorCmd can have (CommandName) after the command to rename it. Example:

Skill(Jump):5

You can combine the two:

i15-Skill(Jump):5

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Version 1.9.1 is available! Added a parameter to hide icons. Download

New parameter information is below and in the first post.

Show Icons

* 0: Do not show icons.

* 1: Show icons. Note, this causes Window_ActorCommand.drawItem, Window_ActorCommand.itemTextAlign, and Window_ActorCommand.addCommand to be overwritten.

Sera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I gave version 1.9 a quick try a moment ago and got an error - did you notice this and fix it in 1.9.1, or shall I give a more detailed bug report?

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I gave version 1.9 a quick try a moment ago and got an error - did you notice this and fix it in 1.9.1, or shall I give a more detailed bug report?
I didn't fix any bugs with 1.9.1, all I did was add a parameter that I forgot to add. Please provide more information. :)

Sera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The error occurs almost immediately after entering combat. I haven't updated since 1.7, so it could technically be the 1.8 update that's causing this (using 1.7 doesn't give me an error).

No other plugins are on.

TypeError: Cannot read property 'name' of null
    at Window_ActorCommand.addCustomSkillCommand (/C:/Users/---/Documents/Games/---/js/plugins/BOB_BattleCommandList.js:601)
    at Window_ActorCommand.processCommandEntry (/C:/Users/---/Documents/Games/---/js/plugins/BOB_BattleCommandList.js:473)
    at Window_ActorCommand.makeCommandList (/C:/Users/---/Documents/Games/---/js/plugins/BOB_BattleCommandList.js:444)
    at Window_ActorCommand.setup (rpg_windows.js:5413)
    at Scene_Battle.startActorCommandSelection (rpg_scenes.js:2266)
    at Scene_Battle.startActorCommandSelection (/C:/Users/---/Documents/Games/---/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:3108)
    at Scene_Battle.changeInputWindow (rpg_scenes.js:2067)
    at Scene_Battle.updateBattleProcess (rpg_scenes.js:2051)
    at Scene_Battle.update (rpg_scenes.js:2042)
    at Scene_Battle.update (/C:/Users/---/Documents/Games/---/js/plugins/YEP_VictoryAftermath.js:696)

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The error occurs almost immediately after entering combat. I haven't updated since 1.7, so it could technically be the 1.8 update that's causing this (using 1.7 doesn't give me an error).

No other plugins are on.

TypeError: Cannot read property 'name' of null    at Window_ActorCommand.addCustomSkillCommand (/C:/Users/---/Documents/Games/---/js/plugins/BOB_BattleCommandList.js:601)

at Window_ActorCommand.processCommandEntry (/C:/Users/---/Documents/Games/---/js/plugins/BOB_BattleCommandList.js:473)

at Window_ActorCommand.makeCommandList (/C:/Users/---/Documents/Games/---/js/plugins/BOB_BattleCommandList.js:444)

at Window_ActorCommand.setup (rpg_windows.js:5413)

at Scene_Battle.startActorCommandSelection (rpg_scenes.js:2266)

at Scene_Battle.startActorCommandSelection (/C:/Users/---/Documents/Games/---/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:3108)

at Scene_Battle.changeInputWindow (rpg_scenes.js:2067)

at Scene_Battle.updateBattleProcess (rpg_scenes.js:2051)

at Scene_Battle.update (rpg_scenes.js:2042)

at Scene_Battle.update (/C:/Users/---/Documents/Games/---/js/plugins/YEP_VictoryAftermath.js:696)
Check and make sure all of your skill IDs are valid. From what I can tell, the line on which this is occurring is looking up a skill based on ID. If everything looks good, shoot me a PM and we'll continue there to avoid clogging up the thread.

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Version 1.9.2 is available! Fixed a crash bug caused by using default commands (attack, skills, guard, items) without specifying options! Download

Special thanks to Sera for helping me pinpoint this bug!

DustyCat Media

Indie Game Purrfector
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Version 1.9.2 is available! Fixed a crash bug caused by using default commands (attack, skills, guard, items) without specifying options! Download

Special thanks to Sera for helping me pinpoint this bug!
Hello, the most recent update did something weird; I haven't updated for a long time though. Anyway, ever since i applied this update the default "Skill" command set got disabled in battle. It's still there; but it's not selectable...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i'm not only drawing girls tbh
i like grubby old man
Kes wrote on Chef's profile.
I have deleted your profile post as our Rules are quite clear that you may not use them to advertise non-RM products, nor may you give a link to anything that solicits payment for you.
140 Thousand words, take one down, toss it around, discover I hate the direction I went and decide to start a complete rewrite.
I like being a butt to people.
Dirtnap wrote on Tyler Warren's profile.
Hi Tyler,

My name is Sean, I am the owner of an indie studio, and I am looking to get some paid art work done. I am working with MV, but our programmer will be heavily modifying it.

If you are interested, or would like to hear more, I can provide my personal e-mail address.

S.G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MagicMan