residntevl

Blideo games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I actually opted to use STypes because of how I'm handling skills in my game right now. It's a really intuitive design.

SOC

"God is my Judge"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The first setting's default value is set to 1 for that very reason. :)

I can add a parameter called Icon Padding that would take a number. It would then add that many pixels between the icon and the text. Would that work?
Absolutely! Thank you very much. I hope you move on to adding icons next to all menus sometime :p Like in the normal status menu outside battles and equip screen, ect. much like Yanfly's Command Window Icons from VX Ace. <3

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Version 1.9.4 is available! Added a parameter called Icon Padding to space out the command text from the icons, if shown. Download

@SOC: Here you go. :)

DarkSlayerEX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I am wondering if you can further expand the functionality to consider weapon and armor-located commands.. I want to make my ranged weapons show a different skill instead of attack, and other skills that would never show up depending on the type of weapon..

IE: allow us to do the following.

<Battle Commands>

WeaponCmd

ArmorCmd

ActorCmd

</Battle Commands>

If this is possible, It would greatly expand possibilities.

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am wondering if you can further expand the functionality to consider weapon and armor-located commands.. I want to make my ranged weapons show a different skill instead of attack, and other skills that would never show up depending on the type of weapon..

IE: allow us to do the following.

<Battle Commands>

WeaponCmd

ArmorCmd

ActorCmd

</Battle Commands>

If this is possible, It would greatly expand possibilities.
I'll put this on my list for future versions. Thank you for the suggestion!

DarkSlayerEX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thank you for the consideration =)

It will be really nice for ranged weapons being equipped to automatically replace attack with "Shoot"/"Fire" and add "Aim" to the command list. =D

Last edited by a moderator:

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you for the consideration =)

It will be really nice for ranged weapons being equipped to automatically replace attack with "Shoot"/"Fire" and add "Aim" to the command list. =D
To be fair, you can already do with that with the Kadokawa plugin Weapon Attack Skills, but I could see a use for weapons and/or armor to add skills to your command list.

DadaKen

Warper
Reaction score
Thanks for the plugin.

I want to do a limit break (like FFVII) : hide a "Llimit" command, then pop that command when TP is full. I don't know if i'ts possible to do that with your plugin. I haven't managed yet :/
I'm assuming that the command is showing up, just disabled until the TP bar is full, and you want the command to be completely hidden until then. Is that correct?
Yes, that's right.

Bogsy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey, nice work with the plugin! Loving it.

Is it possible to hide SkillTypes from the command list via command?

Can only seem to hide normal skills.

I have a Skill Type I want hidden until a certain trigger enables it.

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yes, that's right. (you want the command to be completely hidden until TP is full)
Make the skill cost 100 TP. Then, assuming your skill ID is 10, change your battle command tag to this:

skill: 10!

Hey, nice work with the plugin! Loving it.

Is it possible to hide SkillTypes from the command list via command?

Can only seem to hide normal skills.

I have a Skill Type I want hidden until a certain trigger enables it.
Would it be possible to apply a hidden state to the actor and then remove it? The state could seal the skill type, then all you would have to do is add an ! to the end of your current tag, like so:

SType:1!

STypes(Magic):1,2!

After answering these questions, I realized I never, ever, ever mentioned the HIDE modifier anywhere. I added it as a part of verison 1.9 and never discussed it. I'll update the script's documentation and also add more info to the first post.

lolshtar

Master of Magic thatknow nospell
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just reminding you that the Stype cooldown from yanfly still doesn't work when using a skill on the battle command.

Bogsy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Make the skill cost 100 TP. Then, assuming your skill ID is 10, change your battle command tag to this:

skill: 10!

Would it be possible to apply a hidden state to the actor and then remove it? The state could seal the skill type, then all you would have to do is add an ! to the end of your current tag, like so:

SType:1!

STypes(Magic):1,2!

After answering these questions, I realized I never, ever, ever mentioned the HIDE modifier anywhere. I added it as a part of verison 1.9 and never discussed it. I'll update the script's documentation and also add more info to the first post.
Unfortunately I need the skill hidden and not sealed. However, I could use the TP workaround to keep it hidden.

But.. doesn't work with STypes. 0TP set and I have the updated plugins and stuff.

http://i.imgur.com/ZLE5MMW.png

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just reminding you that the Stype cooldown from yanfly still doesn't work when using a skill on the battle command.
Reached out to you via PM with a debug version that may fix the problem.

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Unfortunately I need the skill hidden and not sealed. However, I could use the TP workaround to keep it hidden.

But.. doesn't work with STypes. 0TP set and I have the updated plugins and stuff.

http://i.imgur.com/ZLE5MMW.png
Yeah, skill types don't have a 'cost' for me to reference. There really isn't anywhere for me to add a conditional notetag on a skill type, either.

If I added eval functionality so that you could use something like this:

i164-SType(Break):$((a.tp === 100 ? 19 : false))!

Would that work? I have an Enhanced Restrictions plugin, but there really isn't anywhere I can add restrictions to STypes that I can think of.

I would much rather add an eval feature to this plugin and find a way to make Enhanced Restrictions work for skill types, I'm just not sure if I can find a good place to put the notetags.

Bogsy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yeah, skill types don't have a 'cost' for me to reference. There really isn't anywhere for me to add a conditional notetag on a skill type, either.

If I added eval functionality so that you could use something like this:

i164-SType(Break):$((a.tp === 100 ? 19 : false))!

Would that work? I have an Enhanced Restrictions plugin, but there really isn't anywhere I can add restrictions to STypes that I can think of.

I would much rather add an eval feature to this plugin and find a way to make Enhanced Restrictions work for skill types, I'm just not sure if I can find a good place to put the notetags.
I think that would definitely work, sounds like It'll be easier on your end as well.

At the moment I have a skill that adds a state to enable another skill type to be added to the command list.

The setup is a little messy since it's kinda everywhere in the database. You can see it below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehbEiy5gA6Q

What's happening at the moment:

Attack

Skill -> *Skill in category that adds a state to add a SkillType once cost is met.

Guard

Item

However what I'm aiming for is sort of like this; 

Break <-- SkillType(Break) hidden until condition is met (100TP), Category shows multiple choices that does what is *reference'd above. SkillType(Break) goes back into hiding once selected skill triggers (Since TP is back to 0), evidently replacing "Break" with the new SkillType.

Attack

Skill

Guard

Item

Hope that's possible, haha. If not it's alright, I'll just work with it chilling in the default skill zone since I can keep it hidden that way.

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Bogsy: Writing an eval feature at this point should be fairly straightforward, especially since I rewrote the entire command backend to be object-based instead of string-based in version 1.9. (This also created a crazy amount of bugs, hence 1.9.4 :p )

How would you feel about having SType and other global restrictions in any actor's note field? Something like:

<Restrict SType: 1>

LevelMin: X - Minimum level.

LevelMax: X - Maximum level.

Class: ID - Actor must be class ID.

Actor: ID - Actor must be this ID.

State: ID - Actor must have state ID applied.

Weapon: ID - Actor must be wearing this weapon.

Armor: ID - Actor must be wearing this armor.

StatMin(Symbol): X - Stat Symbol must be at least X. - StatMin(TP): 100

StatMax(Symbol): X - Stat Symbol must be at most X.

Switch(ID): On/Off - Switch ID must be on/off.

VarMin(ID): X - Variable ID must be at least X.

VarMax(ID): X - Variable ID must be at most X.

Custom: $(codeHere) - Run some Javascript.

</Restrict>

Bogsy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
That actually looks really great, it looks like there can be tons of ways in order for a SkillType to active.

Especially if State: ID - Actor must have state ID applied. was added. That is definitely the thing that would fix my issue.

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That actually looks really great, it looks like there can be tons of ways in order for a SkillType to active.

Especially if State: ID - Actor must have state ID applied. was added. That is definitely the thing that would fix my issue.
I'll put this at the top of my list for Enhanced Restrictions. I should have it done some time tomorrow.

Daemien

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm having the hardest time with this. I simply want to remove a Skill Type from all my actor's menu without changing anything else...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

*Buys all the PVGames assets, ends up creating his own ground tiles.* At least I used the other types of graphics? Right? :kaoswt:
If you could fold a sheet of paper 42 times, the stack would reach from the earth to the moon. Do whatever you want with that information.
wishing that everyone stays safe at this time
Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
p0nah