Bobstah's Battle Commands Customization v2.2.1 - Updated 05/17/2017

Bogsy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Bogsy: Thank you for assisting DCF with his issues, I appreciate it. :)

If anyone has suggestions for this plugin, please leave them here. I can't think of anything else to add. :(
No problem, ^_^ glad to help.~

As for other suggestions that come off the top of my head;

- Horizontal command.

- Custom font for specific commands.

- Scrolling text commands.

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
No problem, ^_^ glad to help.~

As for other suggestions that come off the top of my head;

- Horizontal command.

- Custom font for specific commands.

- Scrolling text commands.
By horizontal command, do you mean spanning the command menu across the screen?

Custom font would rely on using a font management plugin, but I could look into that.

Scrolling text might be beyond what I'm willing to invest time in at the moment, though. :(

Bogsy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
By horizontal command, do you mean spanning the command menu across the screen?

Custom font would rely on using a font management plugin, but I could look into that.

Scrolling text might be beyond what I'm willing to invest time in at the moment, though. :(
No worries on the scrolling text haha, just throwing out possibilites.~

And yeah, that kind of horizontal :p Another suggestion to add on that is to maybe drop the party command and have it toggle between left and right.

Party Commands     <- Toggle between left and right keys instead of pressing back -> Actor Commands 1/2 <- Optionally, if x rows has been reached for commands, the next set can be found in another command box via left/right toggle -> Actor Commands 2/2

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

If anyone has suggestions for this plugin, please leave them here. I can't think of anything else to add. :(
I noticed that you list the ability to replace one skill with its superior in ID order, based on if they are known or not. But What if there were a <rank: #> note tag for skills and items that would sort them in rank order higher to lower. Those with the same rank would sort by ID.

edit: (to clarify)

The way I understand your plugin currently works, is that you manually assign each ID to the command group. Even when using default type grouped commands.

But the note tag I am suggesting would work for default type access as well as manually assigned skills/items to a custom command. Higher ranked skills will always be first in any listing, regardless of their ID's.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joewoof

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I've been trying to make a system where an actor can equip multiple weapons (more than two with Yanfly's EquipSlots), and then choose to attack with each one from the battle menu. Right now it's really difficult to make it dynamic.

An example is SaGa series battle system. SaGa Frontier uses it.

Reaction score
First Language
English

I have a possible update,

What if I wanted to limit a skill type based on TP. Like what if I wanted my Limit to not show unless the tp is full (100)

As far as I can tell, I don't see any way to do that currently.

or what if I don't want skill types to show on the commands unless you know a skill from them?

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
What if I wanted to limit a skill type based on TP. Like what if I wanted my Limit to not show unless the tp is full (100)

or what if I don't want skill types to show on the commands unless you know a skill from them?
For the TP restriction, you can use my Enhanced Restrictions plugin, located here: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/49224-bobstahs-enhanced-equipment-item-skill-and-skill-type-restrictions-141/

I believe one of the examples covers this exact question, but just in case:

<Restrict SType: 1>

StatMin(tp): 100

</Restrict>

Combine it will a Battle Command, like so:

<Battle Commands>

SType(Limit):1!

</Battle Commands>

You can even get more granular, limiting each specific "Limit" skill to, say, 30, 50, 70, 100 TP by replacing '100' in the above restriction example, then use a SkillLast battle command:

<Battle Commands>

SkillLast: 1,2,3,4!

</Battle Commands>

Limit 1 will activate at 30 TP, Limit 2 will active at 50 and replace Limit 1 in the command list, etc. :)

I would add the skill type restriction you requested above to my Enhanced Restrictions plugin. Something like:

<Restrict>

KnownMin(STypeID): Count

KnownMax(STypeID): Count

</Restrict>

Would that work for you?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Hello Bobstah,

Thanks for the quick reply, this works...kinda.

<Restrict SType: 1>

StatMin(tp): 100

</Restrict>

I set up and put that tag on my actors.

Screenshots: 

Actor 1 http://i.imgur.com/kZEbVoU.png

Actor 2 http://i.imgur.com/2JyLczK.png

Actor 3 http://i.imgur.com/g6o342p.png

Actor 4 http://i.imgur.com/fzOW31f.png

Class Set Up:

Swordsman: http://i.imgur.com/67YNYhT.png

Archer: http://i.imgur.com/BMducyv.png

Thief: http://i.imgur.com/NSiIw7P.png

Magi: http://i.imgur.com/pSvUUoU.png

Acolyte: http://i.imgur.com/zw2UHOp.png

Skills that can be used by classes

Retaliate (Swordsman Limit): http://i.imgur.com/wB6TEka.png

Thousand Arrows (Archer Limit): http://i.imgur.com/woXNFgP.png
Basically this happens

Also I have set that tp is gained per turn for testing purposes.

Battle scene for Actor 1 Menu: http://i.imgur.com/QTUrGd9.png <- The Limit option disappears! (Great!~)

Battle scene for Actor 2 Menu: http://i.imgur.com/KAOfqPU.png <- Same thing as before.

Battle scene for Actor 3 Menu: http://i.imgur.com/N67wI1U.png <-- Hey! Wait a minute, TP is at 100. Why doesn't it appear?
So basically, the restrict tag works regardless of TP limit being at 100 (is the less than inclusive?). I have no idea why.

EDIT: The restrict tag is not inclusive. Thought I should let you know. I set the tag to 99 and it worked great!

jet_black

Hopeless & Hardboiled
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Hello,

I have a question about the Custom Stats to be used outside of battle.

I have created the stat "Intelligence". This won´t be important for battle, but I want it to be used in events.

Lets say, we have an NPC you can talk with and he challenges you to an Intelligence-Battle. When you are more intelligent than him, you win.

Now you´d have to measure the intelligence. If your stat value of Intelligence is higher than 20, you win. If it is not, you´ll loose.

How would I call that in the event?

SenpaiSolid

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
I apologise if this has already been said but I figured out that when I put a space in the CommandName (Like "Stype(Blade Style): 5"), it will appear in the battle command window as "???".

Is there any way around this?

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Would it be feasible to extend the way this plugin organizes skill types into the out of battle skills menu?

gloopmaster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hm. I appear to be having issues using the following Battle Commands:

<Battle Commands>FirstSkill:5,4,3,1STypes(Magic):1,2Skill:10Skill:9Items(Items)</Battle Commands> Assume that Skill ID 1 is "Attack" (as usual), Skill ID 3 is "Attack-All", Skill ID 4 is "Attack-2x", and Skill ID 5 is "Attack-4x". The actor has learned the "Attack" skill, as well as Skills 9 and 10 ("Empower" and "Meditate", if it matters). Theoretically, this should allow the usage of weapons/armors to enable the other three attack skills, with "Attack-4x" having higher priority than "Attack-2x", and "Attack-2x" having higher priority than "Attack-All", and only showing "Attack" if none of the others are usable. Now, here's the problem: It's not showing anything, regardless of what skills the actor has. It doesn't appear to be anything in particular involving these exact skills, as using FirstSkill (or LastSkill) doesn't seem to work regardless of what skills the actor knows.

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hm. I appear to be having issues using the following Battle Commands:

<Battle Commands>FirstSkill:5,4,3,1STypes(Magic):1,2Skill:10Skill:9Items(Items)</Battle Commands> Assume that Skill ID 1 is "Attack" (as usual), Skill ID 3 is "Attack-All", Skill ID 4 is "Attack-2x", and Skill ID 5 is "Attack-4x". The actor has learned the "Attack" skill, as well as Skills 9 and 10 ("Empower" and "Meditate", if it matters). Theoretically, this should allow the usage of weapons/armors to enable the other three attack skills, with "Attack-4x" having higher priority than "Attack-2x", and "Attack-2x" having higher priority than "Attack-All", and only showing "Attack" if none of the others are usable. Now, here's the problem: It's not showing anything, regardless of what skills the actor has. It doesn't appear to be anything in particular involving these exact skills, as using FirstSkill (or LastSkill) doesn't seem to work regardless of what skills the actor knows.
How are you teaching your actor these skills? Are they being applied as traits from weapons or armor, or is the actor learning them from their class?

gloopmaster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
How are you teaching your actor these skills? Are they being applied as traits from weapons or armor, or is the actor learning them from their class?
Skill 1 "Attack", Skill 9 "Empower", and Skill 10 "Meditate" are all learned from Level 1 in the actor's class. I have 3 different armors corresponding to Skill 3 "Attack-All", Skill 4 "Attack-2x", and Skill 5 "Attack-4x". Each of those armors applies the trait to learn the respective skill. However, it appears that regardless of which of the "Attack" skills the actor has learned, the actor isn't able to use any of them. As in, the option doesn't even show up.

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Skill 1 "Attack", Skill 9 "Empower", and Skill 10 "Meditate" are all learned from Level 1 in the actor's class. I have 3 different armors corresponding to Skill 3 "Attack-All", Skill 4 "Attack-2x", and Skill 5 "Attack-4x". Each of those armors applies the trait to learn the respective skill. However, it appears that regardless of which of the "Attack" skills the actor has learned, the actor isn't able to use any of them. As in, the option doesn't even show up.
Is the <Battle Commands> tag you provided in your earlier post set on the actor level or the class level?

gloopmaster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Is the <Battle Commands> tag you provided in your earlier post set on the actor level or the class level?
It's set on the class level. Would I need to do something differently in that case?

EDIT: Setting it on the actor level with ActorCmd in the class level causes no change in functionality, and neither does using LastSkill. It appears to me that FirstSkill and LastSkill are just being wholly ignored.

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's set on the class level. Would I need to do something differently in that case?

EDIT: Setting it on the actor level with ActorCmd in the class level causes no change in functionality, and neither does using LastSkill. It appears to me that FirstSkill and LastSkill are just being wholly ignored.
I found the problem: It was with my documentation. I've updated it in the script and in the first post. Initially, I was using FirstSkill, FirstItem, LastSkill, LastItem, but it was being caught by my Skill: and Item: parsing. So, I changed it to be SkillFirst, ItemFirst, SkillLast, ItemLast.

Change your notetags to this:

SkillFirst: ID, ID

SkillLast: ID, ID

ItemFirst: ID, ID

ItemLast: ID, ID

Let me know if that fixes the problem.

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Bobstah, would it be feasible for you to extend the skill type combining, that is done in battle, to the out of battle skill menu?

At the moment your plugin encourages the creation of many different skill types, because they can all be squashed into one menu in battle. But when accessing them from outside battle, each actor has several skill types, they may have never seen, to scroll through to find their skills that they have gotten use to being inside custom 'all in one' categories.

If you have no intention of extending this functionality I'll be happy not to ask again. ;)

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Bobstah, would it be feasible for you to extend the skill type combining, that is done in battle, to the out of battle skill menu?

At the moment your plugin encourages the creation of many different skill types, because they can all be squashed into one menu in battle. But when accessing them from outside battle, each actor has several skill types, they may have never seen, to scroll through to find their skills that they have gotten use to being inside custom 'all in one' categories.

If you have no intention of extending this functionality I'll be happy not to ask again. ;)
While it really isn't inside the scope of this plugin, I will implement this into the next version because I agree with your thoughts. It may not work properly with external main menu managers and the default skill option, but I will find a way to make it work.

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
While it really isn't inside the scope of this plugin, I will implement this into the next version because I agree with your thoughts. It may not work properly with external main menu managers and the default skill option, but I will find a way to make it work.
Wonderful! I hope I didn't bother you to much. :D

When you say external menu managers, are you referring to things that add commands to the skill menu, like Yanfly's SkillLearnSystem? Or to Main Menu Commands like Yanfly's MainMenuManager? Or both?

If my suggestion is going to break to many things, I wouldn't want you to invest to much of your time into it. You've already provided several great plugins and I am sure you sometimes feel overburdened as is. Burnout is not pretty. (speaking from experience)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I got a new computer and can't find my product activation key for MV, what do I do ;-;
buinguyenhoangtho wrote on fizzly's profile.
Hello @fizzly, i would like to use your asset/ resource for my project ( is maybe commercial ). May i have your permission? Thanks you !
Working on breaking the limits of RPGMaker! :cool:
I have 470+ hours on RMMV but have only made a demo game, is this normal? :kaoswt: (I lose motivation a lot plus I use a 32gb laptop, so..)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daxtan