Bobstah's Battle Status Extended 1.1 - ATB Support & Vertical Gauges!

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Updated 11/10/2015 at 10:54 AM ET.

Introduction
This plugin introduces a new basic battle layout that can somewhat customized. Inspired by Anon "Withlove" at /rpgmg/.

You can use the notetag <BattleFace> to change the face graphic of a battler depending on state. More states will be added as time goes on. See the Notetags section for more information.

Features

• Draw an actor's face into the status window!
  • Change the actor's face depending on their current state in battle!
  • Enable a new skill and item window position: right!
  • Redesign and style ATB Gauges from Ellye's Simple ATB plugin!
  • Change ATB Gauge direction from horizontal to vertical!
Screenshots

Parameters are set to defaults. Yanfly's BattleCore parameter adjusted according to the Compatibility section.

BattleFace State from top to bottom, no ATB specified

Debug1 - Waiting

Debug2 - Inputting

Debug3 - Undecided

ATB Screenshots

Parameters for each screenshot are listed above it. All of these screenshots have the parameter ATB set to ellye and Gauges Behind set to 1.

Below is the default look.

ATB Gauge Style=vertical, ATB Vertical Align=bottom, ATB Gauge Anchor=face, ATB Gauge Width=10, ATB Gauge Height=0

ATB Gauge Style=horizontal, ATB Vertical Align=bottom, ATB Gauge Anchor=face, ATB Gauge Width=0, ATB Gauge Height=0

ATB Gauge Style=horizontal, ATB Vertical Align=bottom, ATB Gauge Anchor=name, ATB Gauge Width=0, ATB Gauge Height=0

ATB Gauge Style=horizontal, ATB Vertical Align=bottom, ATB Gauge Anchor=name, ATB Gauge Width=0, ATB Gauge Height=10

ATB Gauge Style=vertical, ATB Vertical Align=bottom, ATB Gauge Anchor=face, ATB Gauge Width=0, ATB Gauge Height=0

How to Use
Add the plugin in your game and view the help information. It describes the notetags and parameters, which may need to be adjusted. I've also listed them below for convenience.

Parameters

Draw Faces

If 1, we will draw a sliver of the actor's face in the status window.

Default: 1

Face X Offset

X coordinate offset for face drawing. Only used if Draw Faces is 1.

Default: 0

Face Y Offset

Y coordinate offset for face drawing. Only used if Draw Faces is 1.

Face Width

Width for face drawing. Only used if Draw Faces is 1.

Default: 144

Face Height

X coordinate offset for face drawing. Only used if Draw Faces is 1.

Default: 34

Draw Names

If 1, we will draw the actor's name in the status window.

Name X Offset

X coordinate offset for name drawing. Only used if Draw Names is 1.

Default: 144

Name Y Offset

Y coordinate offset for name drawing. Only used if Draw Names is 1.

Default: 0

Name Width

Width for name drawing. Only used if Draw Names is 1.

Default: 150

Icon Width Offset

X coordinate offset for draw buff/state icons.

Default: -156

Adjust Skill Window

If 1, place the skill window on the right. If 0, do nothing.

Skill Window Anchor

What window to anchor the skill window to. Valid: status, help.

Default: help

Skill Window Width

The width of the skill window.

Default: 350

Skill Window Width Offset

The offset of the skill window width.

Default: 50

Adjust Item Window

If 1, place the item window on the right. If 0, do nothing.

Item Window Anchor

What window to anchor the item window to. Valid: help. (Expanding later)

Default: help

Item Window Width

The width of the item window.

Default: 350

Item Window Width Offset

The offset of the item window width.

Default: 50

Gauges Behind

If 0, draw gauges above actor names and faces. If 1, draw gauges below actor names and faces. If 2, use battle defaults.

ATB Plugin

If using Ellye's Simple ATB, set this to ellye.

Default: none

ATB Gauge Style

Draw a Vertical or Horizontal ATB gauge.

Default: vertical

ATB Vertical Align

Where to draw the ATB gauge in the anchor. Valid: top, bottom.

Default: bottom

ATB Gauge Anchor

Where to anchor the ATB gauge. Valid: face, name

Default: face

ATB Gauge Width

If 0, use the default vertical or horizontal setting. If not, override.

Default: 15

ATB Gauge Height

If 0, use the default vertical or horizontal setting. If not, override.

Default: 0
Notetags

Actor

<BattleFace state: index, graphic>

State is the actor's current state in battle. See the states section for more info.

Index is the index of the face in the faceset. It starts at 0 and goes to 7 by default. The first face in a faceset is 0 and the last one is 7.

Graphic is the filename of the faceset to use for this face. It must be located in the img/faces folder.
BattleFace States

The following states are valid:

Inputting - When the actor is selecting a command

Waiting - When the actor is waiting to act after selecting a command.

Undecided - When the actor has not yet chosen an action this round.

If using an ATB, the following additional states are available:

Casting - When the actor is casting a skill.
FAQ

1. Why doesn't your plugin support changing Yanfly's ATB gauges?

A. Right now, the function that Yanfly uses to draw their ATB gauges has quite a bit of calculations in it that their plugin uses to draw the gauge appropriately. In order for me to draw the gauges how I want, I would need to copy this entire function into my plugin and update it every time Yanfly releases an update.
Plugin
Get it here - File name is CASE SENSITIVE: BOB_BattleStatusEx.js

Dependencies
None

Compatibility
Yanfly's Battle Core - If the skill window is crunched inside the status window, change the YEP_BattleCore parameter Lower Windows to false.

Changelog

1.1 (11/10/2015) - Added Item Window restyling similar to the skill window. Added ATB support and BattleFace support for ATB casting.

1.0.1 (11/09/2015) - Fixed a bug where this plugin would always cause the skill window to have one column.

1.0 (11/05/2015) - Initial release.

Legal

Free to use in commercial and non-commercial projects with credit. Credit must be granted to both Bobstah and Withlove. A free copy of the finished game for both parties would be nice, but is not required.

Credit and Thanks
- Bobstah

- Layout concept by Withlove

Last edited by a moderator:

Radis3D

Just a Devilz
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Nice... :3

Bookmarked :3

Thank you..

Will use for next project. :3

Syltti

Devout Follower of Yuri
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is very nice!

Now, if only I could figure out where the heck to put icons! xD

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is very nice!

Now, if only I could figure out where the heck to put icons! xD
I would recommend testing the game at 1280x720. If that isn't an option, try modifying these parameters:

Name X Offset: 0

Icon Width Offset: -300

Farr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Dude!
This is super cool, thanks man!

Syltti

Devout Follower of Yuri
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's an option. Just that I'd have to resize the battle backs and all that. I'll check it out when I get bome, though.

MikeMakes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you, Bostah! This was EXACTLY what I was looking for.

Tenryuga

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
For whatever reason the faces do not display even though I have them in the correct folder and have the face states specified for the actors. I am using Yanfly's battle engine core and elle's atb battle script. Would the latter cause any problems for your script?

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
For whatever reason the faces do not display even though I have them in the correct folder and have the face states specified for the actors. I am using Yanfly's battle engine core and elle's atb battle script. Would the latter cause any problems for your script?
Not that I am aware of. Could you post your notetags, please?

Xelion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Works perfectly with Ellye's Simple ATB!

firelad

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, Bobstah!

It seems that this plugin does work with Ellye's Simple ATB, but that isn't what I want use. Instead, I'm using Yanfly's ATB System. Does it work with your plugin?

I'll test it out shortly, and I'll let you know if anything occurs, otherwise I'll tell you that it works.  :)

EDIT1: Your plugin does work with Yanfly's Battle Engine Core and ATB System, however, some things aren't working as intended. Here are some...

• If ATB system is on, the option that draws the ATB bar under an actor's name will be hidden whenever your plugin is on.
  • If ATB system is on, the option that draws the ATB bar to the right, the face will not be drawn at the start of the battle, however, after ATB bar is full, the face is drawn.
  • As stated above, it also occurs when ATB system is off, only leaving Battle Engine Core on. Though face isn't drawn at all throughout the battle.
EDIT2:

• Even when <BattleFace ...> is defined in Actor note box, face still isn't drawn with Yanfly's Battle Engine Core and ATB system.
EDIT3:

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It looks cool, but I am wondering about two things:

-How can I remove the MP Bar?

-Can you make the item menu something like the skill menu in the future?

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
EDIT3:

If you read the original post, there is a section about compatibility with Yanfly's Battle Core. You have to adjust a parameter to fix the skill window.

As for the ATB, it's something I'll look into for my next release.

It looks cool, but I am wondering about two things:

-How can I remove the MP Bar?

-Can you make the item menu something like the skill menu in the future?
I will look at hiding gauges a future release. Changing the item menu shouldn't be a problem.

firelad

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you read the original post, there is a section about compatibility with Yanfly's Battle Core. You have to adjust a parameter to fix the skill window.
That's not what I meant. Look at the screenshot again. The corners seem off. I prefer to keep the lower windows, unless you can make other lower windows as well.

EDIT1: It was fixed by turning off the skill window anchor.

EDIT2: Um... With the skill window anchor off, the listing isn't what I wanted it to be. The width of one skill is at the maximum of the window. How can I make it to be half, like the normal one?

EDIT3: I removed the skill battle window part in .JS file, so it looks normal, but I'll still like to hear what I can do when I turn off the skill window anchor so it will look normal.

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That's not what I meant. Look at the screenshot again. The corners seem off. I prefer to keep the lower windows, unless you can make other lower windows as well.

EDIT1: It was fixed by turning off the skill window anchor.

EDIT2: Um... With the skill window anchor off, the listing isn't what I wanted it to be. The width of one skill is at the maximum of the window. How can I make it to be half, like the normal one?

EDIT3: I removed the skill battle window part in .JS file, so it looks normal, but I'll still like to hear what I can do when I turn off the skill window anchor so it will look normal.
The corners you are referring to are causing by the window overlapping, which is happening due to the parameter I mentioned in my first post not being set.

The Skill Window anchor will probably be expanded in a future update, but are you referring to the width of the skill window? Meaning that it was too small for your skill names to display properly?

If you want to leave the skill window alone, change the parameter 'Adjust Skill Window' to 0. That will force my plugin to do nothing to the skill window whenever it is requested.

firelad

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The corners you are referring to are causing by the window overlapping, which is happening due to the parameter I mentioned in my first post not being set.

The Skill Window anchor will probably be expanded in a future update, but are you referring to the width of the skill window? Meaning that it was too small for your skill names to display properly?

If you want to leave the skill window alone, change the parameter 'Adjust Skill Window' to 0. That will force my plugin to do nothing to the skill window whenever it is requested.
No, no, no. The skill names does not look normal when the anchor is off.

DustyCat Media

Indie Game Purrfector
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hello Bobstah, setting this one to 0 would indeed leave the skill window alone; but, the list would still be considered as a single column; but when i turn this plugin off completely,it defaults back to two columns.

But anyway, great work yet again! Looking forward to having the same feature with the item window; and further customization down the road! :)

WCouillard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
When used with Yanfly's ATB woth the setting to keep the ATB on the left, the faces and names cover most of the ATB gauge.

Also, if this plugin is placed below Yanfly's ATB, the ATB gauge is invisible.

firelad

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When used with Yanfly's ATB woth the setting to keep the ATB on the left, the faces and names cover most of the ATB gauge.

Also, if this plugin is placed below Yanfly's ATB, the ATB gauge is invisible.
When I read this, I was surprised. So, I placed the plugin above ATB system and that's what exactly I wanted it to be! But it'll be great if the width can be changed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hi, there.
I'm Creta Park, as Software engineer and Indie game developer.

Profile : creft.me/cretapark
GitHub : github.com/creta5164
Blog : creta5164.tumblr.com

My stuff

Who shares/sells their scripts/plugins on itch.io? Can I pick your brain?
If you ever need fantasy names and you're bored, make a fictional alphabet. Switch around the letters and see what you get :p
I JUST GOT PROMOTED TO 9TH GRADE BOIS!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeathByPiercing