Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sure thing.  For the record, I can easily see this being a failure to implement it correctly or something simple like that.  I'm still fairly new to MV.

http://i.imgur.com/qpxbPZT.png

http://pastebin.com/qrFxE2qT
I was able to successfully launch my test project using about 30 plugins with your copy of my Custom Stats plugin without any issue.

When you launch your game and get the error message, press F8. Another window will open, and you should see a list of all errors. Can you please take a screenshot of that and provide it to me?

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Here you go.  I can provide more information if you need.  http://i.imgur.com/1YD8bQm.png?1
Try moving the Custom Stats plugin above all of the others in your plugin list. It looks like something is running the Actor setup function before the stats are even getting defined at the plugin level, which is causing that error.

TheGamedawg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Try moving the Custom Stats plugin above all of the others in your plugin list. It looks like something is running the Actor setup function before the stats are even getting defined at the plugin level, which is causing that error.
Still the same problem.  At this point, I would like to converse over PMs if that's alright.  This fix is getting very back and forth at this point and I don't want to clog this great topic up with a single bug.

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Version 1.2.2 is now available, fixing a crash bug that TheGamedawg encountered. This fix prevents the crash, but does not address the main issue. Download

Still the same problem.  At this point, I would like to converse over PMs if that's alright.  This fix is getting very back and forth at this point and I don't want to clog this great topic up with a single bug.
Understood. We'll work it out there.

For the time being, I've updated the script to at least prevent the crash bug. I doubt that custom stats will work properly for you until we figure out the root of the problem, though. :(

Silent Darkness

Robomage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Could I get in-file documentation for this plugin, so I see the instructions via the plugin manager?

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Could I get in-file documentation for this plugin, so I see the instructions via the plugin manager?
It's there, I just forgot to tag it as Help. So sorry about that! :(

If you redownload, it will be corrected. :)

Portkey89

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi, Bobstah!  Another amazingly useful script!  I know we can't use decimals (unless I'm just writing something moronic into my notetag), but I'm trying to use the display as a percentage feature, and I'd like a stat that can range from 0-100%, and display the percent icon at the end.  Full disclosure, the stat is a "grade" and your "grade" correlates to your skill level.  I was going to start the user off with a grade of 70%, but even if I put 7 in the notetag, that makes a grade of 700%, which simply doesn't make sense for obvious reasons.  And I can't set it = to .7.  Is there anything I'm missing, or is it possible to accommodate decimals or percentages somehow in the notetag?

Also, related, is it possible to include the ability to adjust a customstat via script in an event?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi, Bobstah!  Another amazingly useful script!  I know we can't use decimals (unless I'm just writing something moronic into my notetag), but I'm trying to use the display as a percentage feature, and I'd like a stat that can range from 0-100%, and display the percent icon at the end.  Full disclosure, the stat is a "grade" and your "grade" correlates to your skill level.  I was going to start the user off with a grade of 70%, but even if I put 7 in the notetag, that makes a grade of 700%, which simply doesn't make sense for obvious reasons.  And I can't set it = to .7.  Is there anything I'm missing, or is it possible to accommodate decimals or percentages somehow in the notetag?

Also, related, is it possible to include the ability to adjust a customstat via script in an event?
The next feature I had planned in my (albeit informal) roadmap was Eval support. I will get that done first, but I can probably incorporate some kind of percentage flag right after that. It shouldn't be too hard, although percentages will be additive. What I  mean is a base 100% to a custom percentage stat, and if you have three bonuses at +5%, your total is 115%. Does this work for you?

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Can these stats be changed for actors/classes without equips or states?

I'm planning to use some stats as proficiencies and they need to be changeable directly as their values shouldn't depend on equips.

I was thinking along the lines of actor 1:Stat +1.

Is that feasible?

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Can these stats be changed for actors/classes without equips or states?

I'm planning to use some stats as proficiencies and they need to be changeable directly as their values shouldn't depend on equips.

I was thinking along the lines of actor 1:Stat +1.

Is that feasible?
Yep! Just add this notetag to the actor or class:<CustomStat: Stat=1>

From there you can adjust it via weapons, armors, and states. Please view the first post for more information. :)

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yep! Just add this notetag to the actor or class:

<CustomStat: Stat=1>

From there you can adjust it via weapons, armors, and states. Please view the first post for more information. :)
I'm sorry that I wasn't clear, but I meant changing the value after the initial notetag declaration.

So I have an actor with

<CustomStat: Stat=1>

But the actor reads a book that increases the stat permanently by say 3 points for a new total of 4 points.

How could I implement that without equips or states?

Portkey89

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The next feature I had planned in my (albeit informal) roadmap was Eval support. I will get that done first, but I can probably incorporate some kind of percentage flag right after that. It shouldn't be too hard, although percentages will be additive. What I  mean is a base 100% to a custom percentage stat, and if you have three bonuses at +5%, your total is 115%. Does this work for you?
Well, my plan right now is to have an event trigger a boost in the stat, which I know isn't currently possible.  So, let's say a character does their homework (thrilling sounding, I know, but I promise it works well within the larger engine mechanics), then it would increase the stat 1%.  So raising that 70% to an improved 71%.  Not doing it would reduce a grade, perhaps to 70% or 69%.  So the goal would be twofold: 1) to be able to have less than 100% on the stat (does this follow as part of the evals?), and 2) the ability to have a custom stat altered via a script or note in an event, as opposed to through the use of an item or the application of a state.

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
But the actor reads a book that increases the stat permanently by say 3 points for a new total of 4 points.

How could I implement that without equips or states?
I'll add the notetags to items for the next release, which will also add Eval support.

Well, my plan right now is to have an event trigger a boost in the stat, which I know isn't currently possible.  So, let's say a character does their homework (thrilling sounding, I know, but I promise it works well within the larger engine mechanics), then it would increase the stat 1%.  So raising that 70% to an improved 71%.  Not doing it would reduce a grade, perhaps to 70% or 69%.  So the goal would be twofold: 1) to be able to have less than 100% on the stat (does this follow as part of the evals?), and 2) the ability to have a custom stat altered via a script or note in an event, as opposed to through the use of an item or the application of a state.
I wasn't exactly clear in my reply. :)

You would still be able to define the percentage. Say, on Actor 1:

<CustomStat: stat=70%>

But if it isn't set on Actor 2, they would default to 100%. Does that make sense?

Portkey89

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh yeah! That's totally cool! You're the best. :)

Also, any chance of a script or note for events to change the stats?

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh yeah! That's totally cool! You're the best. :)

Also, any chance of a script or note for events to change the stats?
I'll focus on a plugin command and script call after the percentage and eval features are released.

Portkey89

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My. Hero. Thank you once again!!!

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Version 1.3 is now available! Download

I added the ability to eval a statValue, and percentage-based stats.

Items for 1.4 - Adjusting a custom stat by a percentage and plugin commands.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Quite the versatile cast so far :p

chars.PNG

Edit: Sprites are made by Alexdraws and TheMightyPalm. I just edited them.
Degica Games Turn Komodo | RPG Maker News #77

Well, rats. Was really looking forward to trying out FPS Creator, but trying to install and set it up was pretty much impossible for my tiny brain to comprehend. So much for that, then.
Ah, home once more! I think I can safely work on my games now.
Let's hope power remains on for the day

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jon787