Bobstah's Custom Stats 1.3.2

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Bobstah, Oct 31, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Bahamut20

Bahamut20 Can I edit this? Veteran

First Language:
    English/Spanish
    There seems to be a bug when the Stat is 0, it does not let you add or change the Stat through item or states.

2. kongu2910

kongu2910 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Would it be possible to use this plugin in conjunction with Yanfly's Equip Requirements plugin?

For example, could I set a weapon to only be able to be used if a custom stat was above 5 or something? Because if that was possible, then that would really help me with my game.

3. Omegadragon8

Omegadragon8 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @bobstah are you still there?

4. Forthright

Forthright Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    So I notice there hasn't been a lot of word on this, but I needed some help associated with this plugin.  After reading through the posts, this plugin no longer calculates on the class level correct?  Because I want my classes to dictate stat structure for the character as there are going to be multiple classes each with it's own strengths and weaknesses.   I am also trying to use this to have the stats assigned as such.  For example, str=$(a.level / 3.5 + 8;) is one of the evals I am trying to perform, so it recalculates the stat based on a characters level up.  Then, I want to use the stat to define and calculate base parameters so str would affect atk and vit would affect maxhp.  We have tried modifying the script to our purposes but it keeps breaking the game.  If you are still working on this Bobstah, and can give any pointers, it would be greatly appreciated.

So I realized what I was doing wrong to get the stats to implement.  They implemented fine on a class level but only if a number value was determined. I still am unable to calculate them based on an eval.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2016
  5. Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon Inc. Crimson Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    hmm just relized..... you can have the stats level up with a simple level * x formula.....

6. dragon3025

dragon3025 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I noticed a weird problem. I shut off all my other plugins besides the  JawsUF's StatusMenuCore  to make sure it wasn't other plugins. I gave my character's class this tag:

<CustomStat: atp=1>

Then I gave his weapon this tag:

<CustomStat: atp+10>

If the character starts off with the weapon, he has 1 atp, then when he removes it, he has -9 atp. If the character doesn't start off with the weapon, he has 1 atp, then when he equips the weapon he has 11 atp.

Somebody else mentioned it, but I also noticed that starting off with 0, for a stat doesn't allow you to change the stat with equipment.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2016
  7. hn91

hn91 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hi.

Hope you're still around @Bobstah 

I'm aware you're planning or in the process of a rewrite though. I'm trying to use this script to create four additional attributes for damage calculation. The default ones I plan on having as character attributes. I've created four custom ones just for weapons called eqpatk, eqpdef, eqpmagatk and eqpmagdef. Pretty self-explanatory with the title what I want them to do.

However, I'm also using Himeworks EquipSlotsCore and I've noticed an odd bug between them both, either with theirs or this where items I equip myself on an actor that hasn't had any initial equip made through that script, does the correct damage according to the formula. Equipment equipped using that script, shows the attack animation of the weapon but does 0 damage, regardless of whether I subsequently unequip and reequip that weapon or equip a different one.

Now fortunately I might not need that script since the reason behind using it was for certain character's equipment mechanics regarding certain armours but I'm working around that because it's probably gonna be placed into a different thing. The only reason I really need it now is for allowing 1H weapons to be dual-wielded in both hands but another script might pick up that functionality.

8. forteller

forteller Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
  9. ravielsk

ravielsk Villager Member

First Language:
    Slovak
    I just wanted to ask. Is there a tutorial or a example of how to properly include these custom stats into the menu with JawsUF's StatusMenuCore or some other plugin?

10. Gabrepasta

Gabrepasta Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I will just reply to this...
    For me it work just by simply putting in the symbol of my CustomStat like it was just another default-stat.
    As an example: I have created a custom stat for my Actor1 that is called "srf" (I shortened the names because writing them over and over would be a pain) and I just put in "srf" as the symbol in the JawsUF's StatusMenuCore parameters, put in a name for it there as well and that's it.

11. SirFency

SirFency Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Where can I learn how to implement this plugin? I dont know how to use it. I have it installed but How do I actually create a new stat? I'm missing something.

12. lithkast

lithkast Quirky mini boss Veteran

First Language:
    english
    You use the note tags. Put the note tags in the note box